roxii

IMOZ Race day thread

It really does show WTC's commitment to the AGers that fund this sport. No tracker all day, and the live blog finishes as soon as the 3rd female pro crosses the line.

Well done IM. A new low for you. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It really does show WTC's commitment to the AGers that fund this sport. No tracker all day, and the live blog finishes as soon as the 3rd female pro crosses the line.

Well done IM. A new low for you. 

Who owns WTC

How much longer to go, who are we still waiting on?

Well done all and to those still out there.......keep moving one step at a time.  :D

15 years since I did my first IM.......Forster........just amazing. I still remember getting to the finish line with 15 minutes to spare....when 15:30 was cut off.  The run down to the finish shute was spine tingling. 

Edited by skel
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, FatPom said:

How much longer to go, who are we still waiting on?

2.5 hours?

Coffs Pete - tracker says:

Estimated Finish: 16:55:55

• Like 1

I came back after my 70.3 and spent a few hrs at the finishing line, saw so many happy people. One lady had done 99 70.3s in 99 days and on the 100th day was IMOZ. Also saw a marriage proposal. Awesome atmosphere down there. All looks so easy in the last 100m, but so many months training and not to mention those killer boring parts of the run leg. Congrats to all who competed and finished!

Edited by Suburban Kid
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, surfer101 said:

Thats a brilliant pic

Delly is an amazing photographer.  Follow him on instagram, you won't be disappointed. My wife & I have been lucky enough to have dinner with him a couple of times.  He is very humble, approachable and warm person.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

2.5 hours?

Coffs Pete - tracker says:

Coffee Pete is the master of judging the last minute finish.  He will make it in time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

My only race day photo courtesy of Delly Carr Sportshoot. 

Yes, it's me. He didn't want to break his camera with a mug shot. 

FM

IMG_2051.JPG

Flanman, you also left your Trannies cap in the change tent. If you would like it back I will deliver it to beer mile tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, JGF said:

Flanman, you also left your Trannies cap in the change tent. If you would like it back I will deliver it to beer mile tomorrow. 

Thanks mate. Will get it then. 

FM

13 minutes ago, JGF said:

They're that good huh? :lol:

• Like 1

John Hill 60-64 in 10.36, won by over an hour.  I thought he'd had a heart attack/heart problem a few years ago?

Impressive performance with or without a dodgy ticker.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FatPom said:

They're that good huh? :lol:

He left the old one there cause he's expecting the new one any day now. :)

• Like 2

Still recovering from a big day. Bloody hard work being on the feet all day. Great day for it though. 

Did my Insta/ twitter/ Facebook stuff come across ok? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Still recovering from a big day. Bloody hard work being on the feet all day. Great day for it though. 

Your twitter updates were good Roxii, for those of us not there.

6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

John Hill 60-64 in 10.36, won by over an hour.  I thought he'd had a heart attack/heart problem a few years ago?

He gets along OK.  I'd actually expect him to be even quicker.

5 years ago I had a career highlight winning the 50-54 AG, largely due to a few of the fast old guys not being there, including John Hill who had aged up to 55-59.

Turned out that John won 55-59 14 minutes faster than me, and fast enough to come 2nd in 50 -54; against guys up to 10 years younger than him.

He's not even the fastest Aussie around my age.  There's also Kevin Fergusson and, dare I say, John Mergler, who've both won Kona in my AG.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I liked it.

Between you and Witsup I had most of my interest covered.

1 hour ago, wetspot said:

He gets along OK.  I'd actually expect him to be even quicker.

5 years ago I had a career highlight winning the 50-54 AG, largely due to a few of the fast old guys not being there, including John Hill who had aged up to 55-59.

Turned out that John won 55-59 14 minutes faster than me, and fast enough to come 2nd in 50 -54; against guys up to 10 years younger than him.

He's not even the fastest Aussie around my age.  There's also Kevin Fergusson and, dare I say, John Mergler, who've both won Kona in my AG.

You can add Toby Somerville to that list.

9 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

He saves energy by never smiling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tyno said:

I liked it.

Between you and Witsup I had most of my interest covered.

Thanks guys not really fishing for compliments it's just that when I'm doing it it's pretty hectic and I don't get a chance to see what else is getting posted so not sure if my stuff is timely or relevant. 

I di know however that my dodgy puns and dad jokes are on point and something I'm sure you don't get from the official feed. 

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, roxii said:

yeah you did well....still keep a slight toe in the interest of seeing whats going on ....but wasn't obsessed with bothering with Ironman NOT SO live site...

your posts that I saw during the day gave me enough to see what I needed...

it aint like it used to be back when we were young....but its still there...