Prince    265

When I first heard the story about the young Aussie girl arrested in Colombia, and her parents stating she was 'set up', and the description they gave of her story, I thought, geez, poor girl, she is 100% innocent. I was ready to contribute to her crowd funding page. 

now, it seems, after seeing the pictures of the 18 packages and the fact the weight of these were 6 kgs in total, I thought, you have to be kidding me. You could tell they were drugs a mile away. Who wraps cheap headphones in black plastic like that?  Now it has emerged her airline ticket was paid by someone in Hong Kong. 

I hope the family returns the money they got through crowdfunding. and what was the girl thinking????? and who buys crappy headphones for gifts anyway?

Edited by Prince

goughy    2,147

Still, that bloody crowd funding again.

Can't say if she's guilty of being a drug mule, or guilty of just being plain stupid. Send she will pay a penalty for either.

But the story sounds dodgier and dodgier by the day.

Tyno    1,366
27 minutes ago, Prince said:

and who buys crappy headphones for gifts anyway?

She was gunna get everyone a Dimond until Rappster put her off :D

FatPom    2,323

Ha, how on earth did she think she's get away with this?

At Bogota, there is a three step process before you even get to immigration security. There is a line way before the airline desks that anyone without a ticket is not allowed to go past  (security watch this to see who steps forward and who doesn't, it's at this point that the fat balding Americans say goodbye to their 20 odd year younger new 'girlfriends' :wink3: )

Then you go to the first airline desk check, they usually ask you routine questions about where you went and what you saw and then if any dates don't line up or you've had a date change, it's off to secondary.

After that, you line up at a row of tables to unpack your carry on in front of a load of very big guys with very big guns  (not everyone does this but most foriegners have to).  After that you can be on your way to regular security and another immigration check where they ask you the same questions as before to see if there are any holes in your story.

When I left, I was carrying a letter from the Colombian girl I was sharing a flat with with to her sister who livesin Sydney. I told her I wouldn't open open but I did, not only opened it, checked it, shook it six ways to Sunday and held it under a light. It really was just a letter but I was still shitting myself going through Bogota security.:lol:

Rocket Salad    1,068

The ticket to Columbia was purchased 2 hours before the flight.

roxii    4,116

If the whole story was 100% true how special must her bridal party feel knowing they were going to be given cheap knockoff headphones as a gift? 

FatPom    2,323

You can fit a pretty big file  in a wedding cake.

Edited by FatPom

Prince    265

I hope at the end of the day she eventually comes clean and tells the truth to provide a lesson to any youngsters who might have the same idea. that is something Corby never did. 

Peter    1,612

Australia needs a new Schapelle Corby now she's free. 

I can see david Koch doing sunrise there next week. 

goughy    2,147

I think Shappy's case was different because she was tempting a death penalty, all the claims about her not even knowing it was in there, and that most of us felt if she didn't do it then her family did!

I  this case, of course she's gonna claim innocence. They always do. But she admitted packing them in there. The ticket thing is pretty suss. And she may serve a relatively short sentence, maybe even here, compared to what Shapelle faced. She's either guilty of trafficking or being stupid as. You'd think in this day and age people wouldn't get tricked like this, but if known some pretty dumb people who would have been sucked in too!

Cottoneyes    798

I'm going to be upset if she doesn't have a crazy sister prepared to cash in on the whole situation, it really pains me that the major print and media outlets are dragging their feet on giving such a person a high profile again

zed    771
53 minutes ago, goughy said:

I think Shappy's case was different because she was tempting a death penalty, all the claims about her not even knowing it was in there, and that most of us felt if she didn't do it then her family did!

I  this case, of course she's gonna claim innocence. They always do. But she admitted packing them in there. The ticket thing is pretty suss. And she may serve a relatively short sentence, maybe even here, compared to what Shapelle faced. She's either guilty of trafficking or being stupid as. You'd think in this day and age people wouldn't get tricked like this, but if known some pretty dumb people who would have been sucked in too!

Sentences in South America for smuggling drugs are pretty light, she'll probably get 4 years and do 2 years. Most definitely guilty. I feel sorry for her though, prisons over there are horrendous. 

• Like 1

Ex-Hasbeen    3,875
52 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

I'm going to be upset if she doesn't have a crazy sister prepared to cash in on the whole situation, it really pains me that the major print and media outlets are dragging their feet on giving such a person a high profile again

I noticed News.com had a nice photo of dad with the flannie & long beard, sitting on his Harley. Trial by image?

Notsofast    132

Our local radio was interviewing a lawyer with some expertise in Colombian law and he said if she pleads guilty (which would be her best option) she should try and have the charge of trafficking dropped. If she can pull that off she may be up for 4-6 years. If unsuccessful in dropping the charge she will be up for 15-20 years.

He also stated that Columbia seem to go lighter in Internationals to give the perception that their country is great.

There was some very interesting stuff discussed.

BTW - I have no idea if she is guilty, but the reported evidence certainly isn't helping her.

Prince    265
2 hours ago, goughy said:

I Don't think she was tricked.  she owes a lot of money for a failed gym, and who lets someone pay for a ticket to Colombia 2 hrs before. I think she was promised easy cash but perhaps conned by someone saying they pay off the security at the airport so its no risk or something like that. so I think she deserves what she will get as who knows how many lives would have been ruined by getting this stuff on the streets.  the authorities probably catch 20 foreigners per week doing the same thing, and have heard every excuse and story under the sun.  

its not the old days when Pablo was shipping millions of kilos in by boat and plane to the US every week. 

• Like 1

TryTriB4Forty    640
11 hours ago, Peter said:

Australia needs a new Schapelle Corby now she's free. 

I can see david Koch doing sunrise there next week. 

Well, I guess we'll all have to wait to see if Kochie thinks she's innocent ..... its all just speculation until he's made a determination ... 

• Like 2

zed    771

She's been travelling for the last few months, so I'm guessing not her first rodeo? 

Cottoneyes    798

Reports now of cryptic messages about "a new life in 50 days" posted on Instagram feed before she left on the trip.  Social media is going to put more young people in jail in the future than DNA

zed    771
2 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Reports now of cryptic messages about "a new life in 50 days" posted on Instagram feed before she left on the trip.  Social media is going to put more young people in jail in the future than DNA

I'm just amazed at her sheer stupidity... the drugs weren't even concealed,

zed    771

She added the following hashtags: #newbeginnings #newyearnewme #2k17 #dreamjob #bondiliving #life #change #love #50daysleft #goodthingsarecoming.

IronJimbo    501
5 hours ago, Prince said:

I think she deserves what she will get as who knows how many lives would have been ruined by getting this stuff on the streets.  

This

Drugworld is a filthy, despicable place full of filthy, despicable people

I'm all out of f*cks

• Like 3

Rocket Salad    1,068
13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This

Drugworld is a filthy, despicable place full of filthy, despicable people

I'm all out of f*cks

Not all. I know some really nice people who sell quality stuff. 

The bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

Peter    1,612
6 hours ago, zed said:

Sentences in South America for smuggling drugs are pretty light, she'll probably get 4 years and do 2 years. Most definitely guilty. I feel sorry for her though, prisons over there are horrendous. 

5 hours ago, TryTriB4Forty said:

Well, I guess we'll all have to wait to see if Kochie thinks she's innocent ..... its all just speculation until he's made a determination ... 

She's technically not a smuggler. 

You have to get the drugs out to be a smuggler.