Turts

2017 age group world champs

True FP, met some new friends and was awesome meeting triathletes from around the world - real friendly camaraderie in transition and at the start. A race I won't forget!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TenPints said:

My is, I didn't come last!

I did! 

Great effort mate, and thanks for the shout out heading off on the bike!  Sorry i couldnt find you in your race - didnt get back till after 6.

It was an experience eh? 

So what was the overall speed of the course end up being compared to normal times. I am looking at the times and they look fairly slow.

43 minutes ago, ashley_s said:

So what was the overall speed of the course end up being compared to normal times. I am looking at the times and they look fairly slow.

The 1k run swim exit to t1, and long run for t2 slowed things down as well. 

Swim was long by mine. Bik a tad short

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, Turts said:

I enjoyed my race....

Had a ball and ran for fun not a time.

As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters.  Well done on competing in a World Championships!

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:07 AM, TenPints said:

A race I won't forget!

Life's full of experiences...  Some good, some bad, but all great experiences!

Well done guys, ya done good!!  

• Like 2

Had the flu the week bwfore.

PBd the swim, ride and run, but the 10min run from swim exit to T1 chewed that back up again. Had a great time ho!

WC run 5.JPG

• Like 5

great work Turts!  what's with the black undershirt ? I noticed quite a few wearing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Had the flu the week bwfore.

PBd the swim, ride and run, but the 10min run from swim exit to T1 chewed that back up again. Had a great time ho!

WC run 5.JPG

Great pic & great smile. Well done x

3 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

great work Turts!  what's with the black undershirt ? I noticed quite a few wearing it.

It was bludy freezing!

Well, maybe not freezing. Bu it was cool. It ha been very cold and wet the days before so a fair few people opted for an undershirt. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 1

Turts, you'll go a bit faster if you run without an oversized biro in your hand. :P

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

For the cold, but wouldnt it just be wet and cold after swim anyway?

38 minutes ago, AA7 said:

For the cold, but wouldnt it just be wet and cold after swim anyway?

Nope. Mine was a slightly thicker lycra, and dried quick anyway. And kept the chill wind off

Good to read about the others who raced. Just looking back on Transitions now.

Amazing event and great to meet so many people across the world, I even met the 87 year old USA athlete who finished in a little over 6 hours and won his AG.

I had a disappointing performance, bike position on the rental caused back issues from the first few kms and I never found the bike easy, which given its my strongest leg was disappointing, even headed out for a 3rd lap accidentally. The run was even worse after falling on the footbridge at the 3km and getting cramps in both hamstrings, from there to the finish I was in survival mode.

I did however head to Croatia and win their National Aquathlon championships in my age group, but also broke my foot while there.

Therefore a bit bummed that I'll never know how fast I could have gone on a good day and on my own bike.

No interest in the Gold Coast but will look at doing Worlds again sometime in the future.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Evil Guru said:

No interest in the Gold Coast but will look at doing Worlds again sometime in the future.

Like in Spain LD 2019 ? :)

Edited by Youngy2