Turts

2017 age group world champs

3 hours ago, TenPints said:

Rain, rain and more rain at the moment!

That course is going to be interesting if it stays like that.

pfft to the rain, it's the 80kmh wind gusts which will make for interesting racing!

Congrats and good luck to all the trannies racing this weekend. The three OS worlds I did were all great experiences, GC cheaper but less so. 

I might even watch live stream. I'm in the time zone and at a bit of a loose end this weekend as we are stuck in mid Normandie testing the French health system in which nothing happens at the weekend. 

Evil, you need at least a fortnight to do Iceland justice. Amazing country which we left a week or so ago. 

19 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

pfft to the rain, it's the 80kmh wind gusts which will make for interesting racing!

Meant to be 10 or so come sunday. Amd rain free. 

Orientation ride this morning for the technical part of the course. Lets see it in real life!

Plenty of heros out trying to ride the course in the rain and traffic the past 2 days. And plenty of crashes. 

Crap. Rainy and disgusting again this morning. 

On the plus side, mt rental  ike is awesome. 

Giant deft. Full carbon. Nearly brand new. Super light. Winner! So much easier than carting mine around

• Like 1

Aussie youngsters doing well. Luke Willian took bronze in U23 yesterday and Matt Hauser has just won junior men.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TenPints said:

See you in a few Turts. Glad I only packed summer bike kit! A cold and wet ride coming up!

U were rockin it mate! I was a bit warm. 

Shower, coffee, brekky and back to "normal".

What a tricky course and most likely slick conditions. Hopefully people ride the condiions and everyone stays safe

54 minutes ago, Turts said:

U were rockin it mate! I was a bit warm. 

Shower, coffee, brekky and back to "normal".

What a tricky course and most likely slick conditions. Hopefully people ride the condiions and everyone stays safe

It was more shivering than rocking! Thanks for the company Turts, the conversation kept my mind off the chattering teeth!

The course will be interesting with the surface changes and tight corners.

Turts owns a Triumph, she'll be used to the back end being squirrely in all that oil. :P

Bummer about the weather & the course.  Hope you're managing to enjoy it anyway, if nothing else it will be an experience! :o

Got seat in stands right in front of Ryan Bailie's T2...

Brownlee and Royale up in lead group. Bailie in chase...

20 minutes ago, TenPints said:

Got seat in stands right in front of Ryan Bailie's T2...

Brownlee and Royale up in lead group. Bailie in chase...

I'm watching on tv. Give us a wave. :lol:

The tracking app is really good. I'm having lunch and "watching" Cupcake who has just started the run. 

I enjoyed my race. Weather turned out perfect. Bike course better than expected. Had a ball and ran for fun not a time. 

Heres cheers! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Turts said:

I enjoyed my race. Weather turned out perfect. Bike course better than expected. Had a ball and ran for fun not a time. 

Heres cheers! 

Good to hear Turts, nice work. B)

Congrats Turts, glad I saw you out there and was able to give you a shout. You looked bloody amazing in the Green & Gold!

• Like 2

My day out: bad swim! Took off well, cleared the people around me and then hyperventilated (I think that's it - felt like I couldn't breath). Couldn't believe what was happening, and am ashamed to say, I switched to backstroke just to keep moving. Eventually got under control and back to free and started clawing back places. Went hard on bike to compensate, got in some groups but they were easy to lose as people would take off too much speed into the technical sections and things would break up. Had to slam on a few times to avoid a crash and a few swerves around danger, but was aggressive as I could be into the bends - actually enjoyed the bike a lot! Was one of my slowest runs though, stomach cramps, a dry chunder and just no go (food poisoning two days before and a night on the loo might have been a factor). Anyway, enjoyed the atmosphere and really glad I had a bash, and the bonus is, I didn't come last!

• Like 6

Nice work TP.  No need to be ashamed, I'm willing to bet there are very few triathletes who haven't suffered from a similar feeling at one point or another.

Im pretty sure at these big events, the memory of the trip far outweigh any time on the clock.B)

• Like 1