Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
-H-

Old Noosa Results from 1992

Recommended Posts

I need to find out who came 3rd at Noosa in 1992, does anyone have the results?  I can't find them online. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

PM Ex he probably got first he is that old!!

I'm so old I'd retired 2 years before that.

Trifun would have done the race & has probably got the results laying around somewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll dig it out for you,

 

just in the middle of an assignment ATM

Edited by trifun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go, well top 30 anyway.....

greeen = category winner, red = DQ

OA

plc

last

name

first

name

bib

cat

1  

Knowles

Simon

38

A

2

Vollmerhause

Lachlan

8

A

3

Noble

Andrew

7

A

4

Uoherty

Chrls

26

A

5

Molina

Scott

1

A

6

Foster

Peter

11

A

7

Bentley

Tim

4

A

8

Irwin

Mlke

30

A

9

Sly

Craig

12

A

10

Lees

Marc

42

A

11

Rose

Brett

2

A

12

McKeon

Ant

43

A

13

Koorey

Matthew

6

A

14

Johns

Andrew

99

C

15

Smoothy

Mark

675

J

 

Wust DQ

Noel

10

A

16

Crawford

David

483

E

17

Mlllington

Paul

746

J

18

Beaver

Luke

84

C

19

Duffy

Tony

680

J

20

Acutt

Ron

506

G

21

Redman

Craig

376

E

22

Newton

tlrett

422

E

23

Harper

Jason

18

E

24

Selpolt

Brenden

14

A

25

Major

Robb

496

A

26

Prowd

Neil

34

E

27

Barr

Brian

919

A

28

Burgess

Jeffery

614

G

29

Taylor

Peter

1523

G

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Trifun, that's awesome.  I knew I could count on trannies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Trifun would have done the race & has probably got the results laying around somewhere.

I told you so. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the race hung over. I stood next to Greg Welch who felt the same (This was before VIP areas existed).:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fantastic list of names. That brings back so many memories when I was starting out in triathlon. A great bunch of blokes too. 

FM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have to 150 loaded in excel (and no splits yet) and RS was not in that lot so I can't remember if ye was old enough to race OD yet back then

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember if I raced that year.

Edit... I did my first Noosa in 88 so yes I was old enough in 92.

Edited by Rocket Salad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there that year - can't remember what time I did ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AP said:

I was there that year - can't remember what time I did ?

O/A, time,         First,     Last, Bib, Cat, Cat Plc, Swim, Cycle, Run

178, 2:12:49.2, Pitman, Allan, 170, N, 7,   22:09, 1:10:12, 40:28

sorry Ronnie, I've read the printed results three times and cant find you,

My project to digitise the whole history of the Noosa tri is on hold (USM were suggested they "owned" the results list (sorry folks "Public Domain" or at least "Public Good") )

but really, unless I break a leg I have other things to work on - like having a crack at the GC worlds in 2018 ('coz 3 times would be cool) or like that essay for my masters I'm supposed to turn in tonght.....

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trifun said:

O/A, time,         First,     Last, Bib, Cat, Cat Plc, Swim, Cycle, Run

178, 2:12:49.2, Pitman, Allan, 170, N, 7,   22:09, 1:10:12, 40:28

sorry Ronnie, I've read the printed results three times and cant find you,

My project to digitise the whole history of the Noosa tri is on hold (USM were suggested they "owned" the results list (sorry folks "Public Domain" or at least "Public Good") )

but really, unless I break a leg I have other things to work on - like having a crack at the GC worlds in 2018 ('coz 3 times would be cool) or like that essay for my masters I'm supposed to turn in tonght.....

 

Nice run there AP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have most of the (not available online from USM/WTC) Noosa results as excel files ('83 to '06)

I gave a printed copy to USM about a decade ago (they gave me a free entry for it :) )

and a weird assortment of events from around the country (I used to be the pontscorer for TA

(Frosty even paid me :) - but less than it cost to write the custom database)

just don't ask tonight (pls)

Edited by trifun
more spelunking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're in some pretty elite company in the top 30 that year Ron. 

From memory I woke about start time that year from a big night out with Terry O'Donovan. Made it down for the start of the run in the teams section & managed another Family Category win. Always enjoyed Noosa for the night before, and never actually managed an individual finish.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You're in some pretty elite company in the top 30 that year Ron. 

From memory I woke about start time that year from a big night out with Terry O'Donovan. Made it down for the start of the run in the teams section & managed another Family Category win. Always enjoyed Noosa for the night before, and never actually managed an individual finish.

 

FWIW: I had 7 top 30 OA places at Noosa but sadly only one top 10 (NEITHER of which will be happening again, now I concentrate on not coming last - finishing is mandatory....)

I've heard about terry's race preparations......:cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ironpo said:

Nice run there AP

Thanks - somewhere back there I have a couple of sub 40min runs - not far under (but under) 

Thanks Ron for looking these up B)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trifun, with thos weird assortment of results, do you have the 1989 Sydney Corporate Triathlon. This was my 1st race and I would love to know what I did. It was 500/15/5.

Ta

FM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trifun would you have 1996 and 1997 by any chance?. I have a mate who swears he went 1.56 there back in the day but has never been able to prove it! 'Lost the printed results they sent out' apparently! You could help settle a 5 year old wager 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O/K was feeling a bit bored (avoiding other jobs) so here is a little update....

 

just the first three pages, I'll get there (complete and searchable database of all Noosa results)  eventually.

 

 

Noosa Tri 1989 direct entry p1..3.pdf

Edited by trifun
update to first 174 finishers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is saying "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account" for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:15 AM, Rocket Salad said:

Can't remember if I raced that year.

Edit... I did my first Noosa in 88 so yes I was old enough in 92.

I found you in the 91 results - what did you do to upset them ?

"DQ-Conduct"

seem to recall you were a little feisty back then :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2017 at 7:53 PM, trifun said:

I have most of the (not available online from USM/WTC) Noosa results as excel files ('83 to '06)

I gave a printed copy to USM about a decade ago (they gave me a free entry for it :) )

and a weird assortment of events from around the country (I used to be the pontscorer for TA

(Frosty even paid me :) - but less than it cost to write the custom database)

just don't ask tonight (pls)

Hi Trifun, its been a long time! Mate I'm chasing Noosa results from 1983 - 2002. Apparently you have them?? could I possibly get a copy?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2017 at 7:54 PM, Sully01 said:

Trifun would you have 1996 and 1997 by any chance?. I have a mate who swears he went 1.56 there back in the day but has never been able to prove it! 'Lost the printed results they sent out' apparently! You could help settle a 5 year old wager 

Pretty sure I'll have '97 Noosa results, but won't be able to put my hands on' em until the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2017 at 8:07 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

From memory I woke about start time that year from a big night out with Terry O'Donovan. Made it down for the start of the run in the teams section & managed another Family Category win. Always enjoyed Noosa for the night before, and never actually managed an individual finish.

And won on the strength of your teams cyclist again no doubt

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2017 at 11:54 PM, Sully01 said:

Trifun would you have 1996 and 1997 by any chance?. I have a mate who swears he went 1.56 there back in the day but has never been able to prove it! 'Lost the printed results they sent out' apparently! You could help settle a 5 year old wager 

I have one page of the 1997 results but not that page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making gentle progress towards a searchable database,

the old results were in a variety of different data formats, different typefaces and sizes,  dot matrix printers, photocopying/printing imperfections, faded paper, my own underlining and highlighting the list goes on but suffice to say OCR is not quite like the movies and it takes a long tie to correct all the errors, interpolate the missing info, after the first 6 or so years the volume also soared towards the current cast of many thousands.  Any way it is all "good" fun. 

 

When I have all the data RELIABLY digitized I intend to write a front end for it all so you can go online, enter a name and get a list of years there are results for then for a nominal fee (see below) access a high res PDF of all time, splits, and cat results for those years. That is the plan any way.

 

* Nominal fee: like 2~5 dollars,  it is going to cost something to host it all - looking at over a million lines of data and something like 400 hours of work (over ten years).

 

Maybe I'll sell the finished app to IM

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting there, just finished my Noosa mega mix excel sheet of all 36 years worth of ind results to date - some 71,816 lines....

working on round three of the data validation atm, then port to SQL, then a front end, but uni starts again shortly and I really want to finish my masters (this year!) so I might have to give it a rest for a while (I put in about 80 hours on it over the break since uni last semester).

Some interesting findings......(it appears some people's memories aren't quite as good as they thought :) )

 

Now just just wait for the pay per view app ( like a couple of $ for a complete personal history) - remember if one can substantiate 30 years you get free entry for life!

 

 

Edited by trifun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Sully01 said:

Laurie Shevlin 

1992 38 456 Laurie Shevlin 2.03.16
1994 68 483 Laurie Shevlin 1.59.12
1995 91 693 Laurie Shevlin 2.03.13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, trifun said:

Getting there, just finished my Noosa mega mix excel sheet of all 36 years worth of ind results to date - some 71,816 lines....

working on round three of the data validation atm, then port to SQL, then a front end, but uni starts again shortly and I really want to finish my masters (this year!) so I might have to give it a rest for a while (I put in about 80 hours on it over the break since uni last semester).

Some interesting findings......(it appears some people's memories aren't quite as good as they thought :) )

 

Now just just wait for the pay per view app ( like a couple of $ for a complete personal history) - remember if one can substantiate 30 years you get free entry for life!

 

 

Hi Trifun

I am impressed with the work and effort you must have put into getting the Noosa records into a searchable digital record. Clearly my memory doesn't recall but I was wondering if you have sorted the pay per view app as I am looking for a Noosa tri record between 1996-2001 which I think I did but not sure if I am mistaking it for another event. 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...