Sign in to follow this  
monkie

City 2 Surf Bondi Breakfast?

willie    608

Wivey and I were there... hung around for a while and didn't recognise anyone. 3 beers and then out. I was out bush with army all week and was toast.  

Ex-Hasbeen    3,792
38 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I was at bondi hotel till 11 enjoying a few beers in the front window.  

Looks like you know how they feel about you now RBR. :)

• Haha 1

Go Easy    1,198
7 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Only tranny at bondi hotel award goes to me.

Fair call...  Well done sir, you've just done a Bradbury!

Go Easy    1,198
10 hours ago, TenPints said:

Missing the pub. Injury flared and am in a bit of pain...I know, I know, soft as!

Hopefully nothing too serious, you've got an event coming up.

Hope everyone else achieved their individual goals, be they time based or otherwise.

Mishca    11

Totes! Had an awesome race and did way better than expected. Just didn't know anyone to come and have breakfast or beers with. Might meet you all in time! :-)

• Like 1

Flanman    1,097
On 11/08/2017 at 9:22 PM, Go Easy said:

Is there anything we need to be concerned about?  I reckon this would have to be one of the biggest targets in Australia, if not the World with it being the Worlds biggest Fun Run and all that.

No need to worry........now.

FM

Suburban Kid    93

How did everyone go? I had done minimal training, and got an entry from Monkie (Thanks - i'll be transferring the cash to Redkite as a donation).

I was in the red group and needed a sub 1.10 to stay in the same group. 2K to go, the clock was on about 1.02, and the afterburners went on, and managed to scrape in with a 1:09:35.

Fortunately the last 2K was all down hill, and was certainly not 2K!

• Like 2

willie    608

Hahaha, I struggled from about the 9km mark. I got it done in 67 something. I was 100.7kgs on the scale that morning, had spent 4 days out field on rats leading into the race. Was always going to be ugly. but I ticked off my number 1 goal for the race - beat the wife (If I don't lose some KGs she'll start beating me soon). Wife got it done in 68.57. Grudge match next year from the same start group. Only next year she'll have been running for more than 8 months. Yep, I'm scared. 

• Like 1

monkie    141
6 hours ago, Suburban Kid said:

How did everyone go? I had done minimal training, and got an entry from Monkie (Thanks - i'll be transferring the cash to Redkite as a donation).

Great plan!

TenPints    729

Bad day out for me. Sore throat and under the weather and my hip injury flared-up straight from the start. Had no go in me at all. 70:17 - gutted. 

FatPom    2,216
4 hours ago, TenPints said:

Bad day out for me. Sore throat and under the weather and my hip injury flared-up straight from the start. Had no go in me at all. 70:17 - gutted. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Just to be clear though, are you gutted with the time or missing the pub? B)

• Haha 3

TenPints    729
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Just to be clear though, are you gutted with the time or missing the pub? B)

You know the answer to that FP my mate!

• Haha 2

Go Easy    1,198
2 hours ago, FatPom said:

Haha, I'm gutted as well...  and I can promise you that I couldn't give a stuff about the time!

Speaking of catching up for a beer and a chat, given that most years I do the 10 hour round trip to come up to Sydney to do your events, what about if some of you guys head out this way and have a go at some of our Wagga Wagga runs.  Our annual Trail Marathon running festival is on this coming weekend (sorry about the late notice) and there's something for everyone.  http://www.waggatrailmarathon.com/

We've still got a couple of rooms free (nothing flash) so can offer you a free bunk for the night if you get in quick - and plenty of floor space if you don't.  All you'll be up for is your entry in one of the events (1.5, 5, 10, 21, 42km, KOM or MTB Marathon) and your transport out here.  Some of you know where I live, but for others that don't and are keen just send me a message and I'll let you know my address and some details of the weekend.  The offer is open to everyone whether I've met you before or not - Wierdo's and crazies are accepted, mass murderers need not apply.

• Like 1

Shuffla    221

I ran with my 13 year old daughter. Goal was sub 70. At 10km we were about 1:45 over target pace but were banking on a fast finish. She put in everything she had the last few km and finished in 1:09:40. That was good enough for 17th in her 13-15 age group.  She is pretty pumped about that!

And Suburban Kid our splits were pretty spot on to the course markings. 

• Like 2