Coffs Pete

The 2017 Very Famous Transitions Beer Mile

Coffs Pete    105

Woops, meant to post that it is time for me to step down as organiser of the Beer Mile and am looking for a replacement for 2018 and beyond. If you're interested then PM me and we can go from there. Just have to finish IMOz within the time, there is a lot of panache being the organiser of Beer Mile and there are lots of helpers. Thanks in advance, CoffsPete

Greyman    317

Coffs Pete, excellent post mate. Good to see all that choccy at Easter got your blood sugar up to hypo levels and spurred you into action for yet another great beer mile.

• Like 3

Coffs Pete    105

Well, just an update on Beer Mile. I was hoping to snare a FREE entry to Kona for the winner of the BM, but the 10 lottery slots have already been given out. So, I tried for a FREE entry for IMOz 2018....again no success! However, our very famous and very generous Secret Sponsor is in again. So the SS is supplying the beer (for Trannie Members), the trophies for both the BM and the Half BM, and also more souvenir IMOz 2017 Beer Mile Badges. That's a cash donation of over $600. Thanks again Transitions Beer Mile Secret Sponsor.

Anyway, I have been advised that IM will donate some merchandise. So, if you have any special requests send them through.I'm hoping that we might get some collector items like T shirts where "Anthing is Possible"....that is correct spelling! Maybe some finisher towels and merchandise from previous races. I'll let you know.

But I do need an idea of how many entrants are coming. So, if you could register your intention to attend this training event, then list yourselves on this post. Whether you're doing the Beer Mile or the Beer Half Mile.

Special guests.......TBA!

See you at Port and if you've registered come and see me for your souvenir 2017 IMOz Transitions Beer Mile badge.

OO ROO Pete

Edited by Coffs Pete
spelling
  • Like 2

iFoz    162

My face may not be seen at this, the main event, however, I hear The Stig shall be returning in a competitor capacity, after having to spend last years Beer Mile in the pit lane.

Vacancies currently exist for the pit crew.

Coffs Pete    105
1 hour ago, iFoz said:

My face may not be seen at this, the main event, however, I hear The Stig shall be returning in a competitor capacity, after having to spend last years Beer Mile in the pit lane.

Vacancies currently exist for the pit crew.

Would have loved to have seen good old Angus but I know that The Stig always gets the girls See you all there OO ROO PETE 

Fellmeister    0

Hi folks, I'm doing my first full Ironman next weekend and have been told that the Beer Mile is a life experience not to be missed. Therefore I would like to register my intent to take part this illustrious event.

Go Easy    1,216

2015 IMOz Beer Mile - Definitely one of the highlights of my sporting career!

That video is proof that I wore the 'tea cosy' Turts!

• Like 1

Ex-Hasbeen    3,872

I'm just upset there were no "Beer Miles" when I last did IM.

I suppose it was harder back then so you didn't need the beer mile. ;)

• Like 3

ratdog    577

Great post Pete

wish i could be there for both events but ill be stuck in front of the pc watching the day unfold/

Prince    265

why don't you name the beer mile after K2?

The K2 Beer Mile....

• Like 4

Youngy2    92

My mate wants to do this. He isn't in Transitions but maybe he could be my representative ??

Flanman    1,112

All welcome. We even let Team PIS compete ?

FM

Flanman    1,112

So Pete, is it at 3.30pm or earlier ?  Whats the time that IMOZ have given you ?

FM

Edited by Flanman

Coffs Pete    105

Just a reminder for the Very Famous Transitions Beer Mile will start along the Finish line at 3:30 pm Just after the Awards which finish at 3pm Then the main event of the whole weekend which is the Very Famous Transitions Beer Mile So far everyone who has entered on line will win a trophy Oh and there's some very interesting trophies again this year If you're not competing then please come along as we will need some intelligent Trannie members to assist in the running Thanks and see you out there tomorrow and hopefully on Monday OO ROO COFFSPETE 

Old Bull    1
On ‎6‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, Coffs Pete said:

So far everyone who has entered on line will win a trophy

Having qualified for the beer mile, I am planning to attend. Congratulations to all qualifiers even if you won't attend, you can claim (with pride) the fact that you qualified.

Did I miss the on line link somehow?

Flanman    1,112

Pity Roxii isn't doing the Beer Mile. He was training intensely yesterday afternoon.  

FM