goughy

The finer things in life.....

On 14/05/2017 at 2:12 AM, Niseko said:

I'll ask around for you. Have some friends in the game. 

Thanks. No rush though...

Ideally looking for the Coupe in right hand drive and one that has already been modified a little. As I'm keen to modernise the drivetrain to a SR20 Turbo, and wouldn't want to modify one in good original condition. Though if an original one came up although would be slower I could keep original and just go to town on the L series engine.

Aaron Kinvig is a Kiwi who has a ticket for the auction and sources some rare cars for enthusiasts. Solid guy can be trusted: aaron@aceautojapan.net

• Like 1

I wouldn't kick a Honda RC30 out of bed :)

Edited by FatPom

12 hours ago, goughy said:

What did I start!  This post came after I bought red capsicum instead of green (cause red is like $2 dearer) and some dutch spiced gouda instead of homebrand cheese slices for my lunch.

I need to get a life!

Yeah get a life. Splurge and buy a yellow capsicum. 

12 hours ago, Peter said:

buy a yellow capsicum. 

The finer things in life in this case would be a garden where you could connect to the food, and pick a yellow capsicum when in season at any time.  Well that's my idea anyway

I pick my own limes to go in the Gin & Sodas. :)

It helps me feel at one with nature. :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

Lamb cutlets for dinner tonight, from the butcher, not woolies.  It'll be private jets next!

• Like 1

Mrs FP is cooking steak tonight (from ASDA, so it's probably horse!)  which is good news, except that I'm doing a 50km ride this evening, so mine will be cold.

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

Mrs FP is cooking steak tonight (from ASDA, so it's probably horse!)  which is good news, except that I'm doing a 50km ride this evening, so mine will be cold.

Noticed a couple of guys I know and follow on strava from the UK do a lot of evening rides - sitting in Brisbane it's easy to forget not everywhere is dark by 6pm!

2 hours ago, truck said:

Noticed a couple of guys I know and follow on strava from the UK do a lot of evening rides - sitting in Brisbane it's easy to forget not everywhere is dark by 6pm!

Currently getting light at 5am and dark around 9.20pm, that will go to about 10.10 in the coming weeks.  Makes up for winter! :D

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Currently getting light at 5am and dark around 9.20pm, that will go to about 10.10 in the coming weeks.  Makes up for winter! :D

Yeah, I hate this early Winter shit. I think it got down to 15 this morning. And had I to suffer through 26 degrees walking to the shop at lunchtime. :) 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yeah, I hate this early Winter shit. I think it got down to 15 this morning. And had I to suffer through 26 degrees walking to the shop at lunchtime. :) 

My heart effin' bleeds:lol:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FatPom said:

It's another reason I love Melbourne in Summer

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sounds great.  For winter.  But repeat days of 35+ and humidity, well you can have that.

I'm off to NZ for a few days.  Temp 1c overnight

Actually Peter, Sydney & Melbourne get a lot more days over 35 than Brisbane. And you get used to the humidity.

53 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Actually Peter, Sydney & Melbourne get a lot more days over 35 than Brisbane. And you get used to the humidity.

I grew up in Byron Bay.  I have to be honest, it's too hot there for me between Dec and March. 

I will also admit, whilst I love the 4 seasons we have here, winter goes about 6 weeks too long. 

It does make it easier going north in Sep/Oct just to remember what it's like to be warm.

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

I will also admit, whilst I love the 4 seasons we have here, winter goes about 6 weeks too long. 

I think the week & a half of Winter we get here is just about perfect.

26 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think the week & a half of Winter we get here is just about perfect.

Please my mum is already telling me it's cold and it down to 19c.