KieranR

IM Cairns 2017

Well Done Burgs and everyone that raced.  Really impressed that you haven't forgotten the 'small' people Burgs, I think I'm even more impressed with that than your actually win! (Although the win was pretty impressive too - and I'm not usually impressed - look a blue car!).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Lets see if he can take the win at today's beer mile

I didn't know about this? 

Find me some beer worth drinking and I'm in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Well Done Burgs and everyone that raced.  Really impressed that you haven't forgotten the 'small' people Burgs, I think I'm even more impressed with that than your actually win! (Although the win was pretty impressive too - and I'm not usually impressed - look a blue car!).

I would never forsake the forums mate. Yew! 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Off to Kona with all those points. Fantastic burgs. 

Rapt for you. 

Thanks Peter. Haven't even thought about Kona. Didn't want to put the cart before the horse. I'll have some decisions  to make now

Got a "go tranny" shout from the pros as they flew past on the bike. Made me really smile, and gave me a huge lift - think it was Fox.

Great to see Skel out there, sorry if I was a bit dazed, was a tough day out there. Bad swim, punctured, but tried hard on the run - it just hurt all the way around.

Awesome to meet old Tranny friends and new ones!

Stoked that you won Bergs! I'm going to take reflected glory: "I was there when one of our own owned IM Cairns!"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TenPints said:

Got a "go tranny" shout from the pros as they flew past on the bike. Made me really smile, and gave me a huge lift - think it was Fox.

Great to see Skel out there, sorry if I was a bit dazed, was a tough day out there. Bad swim, punctured, but tried hard on the run - it just hurt all the way around.

Awesome to meet old Tranny friends and new ones!

Stoked that you won Bergs! I'm going to take reflected glory: "I was there when one of our own owned IM Cairns!"

Lucky someone helped you get ya wetty off ?

Edited by badger77
  • Like 1

Just now, badger77 said:

Lucky someone helped you get ya witty off ?

...and offered to chamois cream me up :wink3:

Thanks for helping fella!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zed said:

Kieran through in 12.38, I think he was aiming for 13 - 14 hours, so must be stoked with that. Well done mate!

Thanks guys! Great day out for me, bad swim just couldn't get into any rhythm on the out leg, bit better on the way back but looking at a lot of other times from people I know they were all well below what we thought so maybe not as bad as I thought.  Bike I planned to ride at 30km/h average and I did that overall and came in sub 6hr with relatively good legs, had a problem from 90km on bike where I was peeing thick blood, that didn't stop until 36km on the run, no pain or anything and I still felt fine so kept going, stoked with my marathon, slow but really consistent for me, and I kept good form from the lap one right to the finish, walked a few aid stations just to get a heap of water into me trying to fix the blood issue.  To get 12:38 I'm so happy.  Saw ten pints T maccas as I was inhaling 2 quarter pounder meals at 12:30 today! Nice to meet another trannie!

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3644.PNG

IMG_3646.PNG

IMG_3640.JPG

• Like 2

Well done Keiran.  I did see you a few times (I remember your top). I was hanging out at at the Hilton (on the way to the clock tower run turn around).....had a whistle annoying everyone. :D

• Like 1

hey - 11:23 for me. Incredible day. from 12:34 in IMNZ a few months ago to this. It all just came together yesterday but combination of a few things helped, great conditions (esp. vs IMNZ), new wheels and flatter run course. 

very happy today. Recognised a few on course and maybe 1 trannie cap? 

nice work everyone. 

Beers and burgers for me today. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Thanks guys! Great day out for me, bad swim just couldn't get into any rhythm on the out leg, bit better on the way back but looking at a lot of other times from people I know they were all well below what we thought so maybe not as bad as I thought.  Bike I planned to ride at 30km/h average and I did that overall and came in sub 6hr with relatively good legs, had a problem from 90km on bike where I was peeing thick blood, that didn't stop until 36km on the run, no pain or anything and I still felt fine so kept going, stoked with my marathon, slow but really consistent for me, and I kept good form from the lap one right to the finish, walked a few aid stations just to get a heap of water into me trying to fix the blood issue.  To get 12:38 I'm so happy.  Saw ten pints T maccas as I was inhaling 2 quarter pounder meals at 12:30 today! Nice to meet another trannie!

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3644.PNG

IMG_3646.PNG

IMG_3640.JPG

That blood issue doesn't sound great...? 

Well done Burgs, would have said hello at IronKids finish but got DQd for running barefoot, lol.

40 minutes ago, johan said:

hey - 11:23 for me. Incredible day. from 12:34 in IMNZ a few months ago to this. It all just came together yesterday but combination of a few things helped, great conditions (esp. vs IMNZ), new wheels and flatter run course. 

very happy today. Recognised a few on course and maybe 1 trannie cap? 

nice work everyone. 

Beers and burgers for me today. 

Good job Jo, 10:30 at the next one. ? 

You have it in you. 

17 hours ago, The Customer said:

Crowley is going alright these days

Must have been that secret bit of coaching in Bahrain. :whip:

59 minutes ago, KieranR said:

had a problem from 90km on bike where I was peeing thick blood, 

Well done mate.  Shouldn't you be seeing a doctor though??

2 minutes ago, zed said:

Well done mate.  Shouldn't you be seeing a doctor though??

That'd be after the Beer mile wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That'd be after the Beer mile wouldn't it?

Of course :)

• Like 1

Is the beer mile happening? I better go get some beer...

yes I'll be seeing doc when I go home

11:00 on the dot for me yesterday, slowest ironman of the 5ive done but off the back of absolutely minimal prep so I'm happy enough. It was interesting seeing the race from. Different perspective. Drafting at the front end was a disgrace. Athletes need to take some responsibility themselves. Rant over. Congratulations to all who made the start line, regardless of your result

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tossacoin said:

11:00 on the dot for me yesterday, slowest ironman of the 5ive done but off the back of absolutely minimal prep so I'm happy enough. It was interesting seeing the race from. Different perspective. Drafting at the front end was a disgrace. Athletes need to take some responsibility themselves. Rant over. Congratulations to all who made the start line, regardless of your result

Front of the field where?  Pros or fast agers? 

Pros were drafting bad when I saw them! The Japanese were shocking at it between themselves and then I constantly had issues with them riding around me and not pulling away so I'd back off but then I'd ride around them and they would do it all over again! I let rip with a few profanities at them after constant occasions of them doing this!  It's like they don't like getting passed

Congrats Burgs on the win and everyone else that finished the IM and 70.3

As someone who is late into this sport, it's certainly inspiring to see everyone competing and finishing!  Time to keep training for this little fattie!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pieman said:

Front of the field where?  Pros or fast agers? 

pro's seemed fine to me. There was a solid AG looking pack just behind the pros 10-15 of them. They were broken up but inside the 12m with a few "passing". to be honest I was even stuck in a group for 20-30km's of me passing then them all passing me again it was a mess. Eventually I was suffering some stomach problems and they dropped me. But once you get into those packs it gets difficult to drop them or stay in a consistant 12m back. You can try for sure but the lack of consistant pace/effort is frustrating. 

After final Port D turnaround was on my own on the way home - occasional person passing me.