KieranR

IM Cairns 2017

9 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Which year?  Cairns was fast this year compared to both '14 and '16 yet I went faster then.  Busso was faster in '15 than '16 but I was faster in the latter.

All that I can confirm from Sunday is that racing when trained takes less time than racing untrained.  I now have finishes in the 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15:xx time ranges and they all seem to hurt as much as each other.  I'm going to have a go at 10 and 16 now to get the set (safe to say that 8 & 9 are beyond me.)

Agree with Stikman. Was at Cairns in 14 and went sub 12, Sunday was sub 13. Ironman undercooked is hard even when everything else is in your favour. 

• Like 1

Burgs got a congratulatory tweet from Brooke from Bold and Beautiful :rolleyes:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, James said:

What was your place/time?

Just saw a photo of the guy who placed 11th on my FB - Kephren Izzard or something he came 11th. So at least rolled down to there. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, johan said:

Just saw a photo of the guy who placed 11th on my FB - Kephren Izzard or something he came 11th. So at least rolled down to there. 

That's what I also based my comment on

48 minutes ago, Peter said:

So busso is harder?

I'd suggest they're both around 8-900 on the Vickers scale but I didn't test either.

8 hours ago, Peter said:

That's freaken arwsome , just shows you what u can do if you try/want to do it

all those that say I can't loose weight just look at this lady 

a quote from her here  it's not rocket science 

This is what led Ms Goodall to stop thinking about her initial goal of 85 kilos and focused on being fit, healthy and strong.  

'The weight loss happened with the training and diet is a huge part of it too. I cut take away food from my diet and prepared my own at home meals,' she said.

as I side note when I got to the bottom of the article, there was a full on add for hungry jacks!!!!!

Did have surgery as well, but I reckon that decision would be the easy one.  Harder is the change in lifestyle!

32 minutes ago, goughy said:

Did have surgery as well, but I reckon that decision would be the easy one.  Harder is the change in lifestyle!

Correct 

a lot that have surgery , still end up putting weight back on as they don't change their lifestyle 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AA7 said:

Burgs got a congratulatory tweet from Brooke from Bold and Beautiful :rolleyes:

Yeah me and Brooky, we go way back!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, hey_burgs said:

Yeah me and Brooky, we go way back!!

I was always Team Taylor

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peter said:

So busso is harder?

Doesn't look to be much in it, especially for the 70.3. Had a few mates that went quicker in Cairns than they did in the may Busso 70.3. I'm guessing with the early start the 70.3 guys didn't get a headwind?

Everyone knows Busso is the greatest race in the world & the only race that times are legit.

Any other course is easy, short or everyone drafted. 

• Like 1

I got a  bit of a thing for Quinn; she has about the right amount of crazy for me. And I've always had a crush on Rena Sofer.......

Let's just forget I even know who Quinn is shall we!

21 hours ago, AA7 said:

I was always Team Taylor

Brookes grand daughter (by Ridge) is late 20's and is marrying Eric soon....

52 minutes ago, pieman said:

Brookes grand daughter (by Ridge) is late 20's and is marrying Eric soon....

I think everyone has married eric in that show  , maybe ridge will be next

12:56 for me,  not quite the 12:30 goal but still a PB so I can't complain. I found the swim rough, I felt like a bobbing cork on the waves, but sounds like it was just me. Bike was fun, surface rougher than I remember but it went quickly up to the last 20-30km when the wind was a bit much. I saw quite a few TOs and people in the pen box early on. Legs went bad after about 20km of the run but the coke pulled me back together and I ran between the aid stations to get home.

I have plenty of ideas in how to improve for my next IM in 2019 - I need a year off IM to do other events - thinking of the LCW, Centennial Park Ultra (if it happens), Mooloolaba, AAA (if that happens in 2018), and will enter the Norseman lottery again with no expectations of getting in. 

• Like 5

10:28:56 for me and my 11th Ironman finish (3rd one in Cairns). Not my best but am really stoked with the results given how much training I have done. One more step closer to legacy! Race report in the reports thread if anyone is interested. Well done to all those who raced!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, johan said:

Nice report k3vski!

Have just posted mine. 

Thanks for reading! I just read yours too, great read. 

• Like 1