Cranky

Time for a new bike!

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

I thought money was an issue, hence downsizing from 2 to 1 bike

Not totally.  It's not like we needed it to buy food. Just cashing in on money that was gathering dust in the corner. 

1 hour ago, The Turtle said:

Then again, if money was a big issue you wouldn't sell something you already have that is serving you well, lose money, then spend more on a new bike to save one squillionth of a poofteenth of a second in an OD race when only racing age group 

One squillionth of a poofteenth of a second could make all the difference.  And what's this "only racing in age group" rubbish? In my next life I'm going to be a pro. I need to practice now! 

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

I've been following this thread as I'm in the market for 2 bikes (roadie and a tri-bike) and have a completely blank slate and no clue. Just wondering why the Giant / Liv hate?

Because what else would they be able to put shit on me about? !

2 minutes ago, Limited said:

I didn't fit on a giant. Too big

Ha ha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

One squillionth of a poofteenth of a second could make all the difference.  And what's this "only racing in age group" rubbish? In my next life I'm going to be a pro. I need to practice now! 

Good point. 

Get a no name brand then get them to sponsor you!

Bah, brand schmand, ride whatever puts a smile on your face. I've had my Bianchi for two years now and only just gelling with it and that's after changing a stem, bars, headset, fitting a Praxis Campag adaptor trying a different brand of crank bearings. I like it a lot more now.

My Ti bike is 13yrs old and I loved it from day one, it's in its third group set and numerous bits n pieces.

P3 is a work in progress.

bikes are like relationships, some are love at first sight, some take work for a long term thing to happen and some end in divorce. B)

• Like 2

Thanks for posting Roger. I've spent the last day doing some research (aka Google). Interesting stuff. 

Any shorties out there ride 650s?

4 hours ago, Turts said:

Hey thread revival. 

The decision was??

bugger..I was under my data quota for the month and you go ask this :)  

Waiting for mid year bike specials I believe.

Felt 1a series and BMC time machines? Quick bikes and look the dogs bollocks. 

I rode a P5 @ Ironman Texas. No bike fit just adjusted the seat height by feel & loved it. 

After using the straight TT bars for years.  No matter what bike I get next I'm going back to ski pole TT bars. 

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I rode a P5 @ Ironman Texas. No bike fit just adjusted the seat height by feel & loved it. 

Well no wonder you had to draft

why 

didn't U hire a decent bike lol

seriously though 

if ur in the market for a new bike this is not a bad way of trying bikes out u like before buying

Edited by ironpo

1 hour ago, ironpo said:

Well no wonder you had to draft

why 

didn't U hire a decent bike lol

seriously though 

if ur in the market for a new bike this is not a bad way of trying bikes out u like before buying

I borrowed my mates, he lives in the Woodlands Texas.  It's been nice traveling with out a bike.  If I do Chattanooga I'll use his other P5.  He will just tri bike transport it to thr race fo me.

• Like 1