monkie

Washing bike shoes

So I feel like I graduated yesterday having had to relieve the results of my nervous over hydration whilst on the bike.

As a result, my bike shoes (and subsequently trainers from cross-contamination) are not fit to be near humans. Trainers are easy to solve, they are in a pillow case on a hand wash cycle... how do I solve the bike shoes? I've rinsed them out in the shower and that hasn't cut the mustard... is it more of that by hand or can they go in a machine too with the cleats removed?

I did mine yesterday in a bucket with laundry detergent. I pulled the inner soles out and let them soak for 15mins. I then washed the shoes out with the detergent and gave them a good scrub. They smell ok today but mine are only stinky from sweat!

bucket of nappy san and soak, then really good rinse or the chlorine will rot them quick

Ive never wee'd my shoes, but I have 3 dogs.  A bottle of the pet odour remover (for pet odours on stuff, not the pets themselves) does a pretty good job with any of their little accidents. 

Something about neutralising the ammonia I think

Bottom rack of the dishwasher- make sure you turn off the drying cycle.

• Like 1