Peter

Garmin 935. Wow

goughy    1,999

Each to their own i guess FB. 

As far as general smartwatches go greyman, Garmin is well ahead of most of them! I mean Apple watches are only rated to like 18 hours, and that's with the screen not on most of the day. Android wear watches barely any better. Polar went to Android wear and they don't last. 

Peter    1,562
11 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Why do we always need the latest gadget?  

What is wrong with what you already have?  

Do we really need it or are we really trying to fit in with the gadget driven tri world? 

Because we work and earn money to spend on stuff tht makes us happy. 

• Like 3

Fitness Buddy    602
29 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

I have a old timex watch.

It times things.

Nice.  They are amazing and so simple.  No gadget stress from battery or failing to upload session data or ruining your race because battery went flat.  

Just get a good CR2032 battery when it dies and away you go.   Plus did i mention it doesnt cost a small house payment for it.  

But one thing it has which makes me cool has IRONMAN written on it and the logo. ?

Fitness Buddy    602
15 hours ago, goughy said:

Each to their own i guess FB. 

As far as general smartwatches go greyman, Garmin is well ahead of most of them! I mean Apple watches are only rated to like 18 hours, and that's with the screen not on most of the day. Android wear watches barely any better. Polar went to Android wear and they don't last. 

Doesnt fix knee problems

Stikman    1,295
8 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Doesnt fix knee problems

Neither does being a miserable sod.

• Like 3

rory-dognz    239

No but using my Garmin to monitor pace and HR in conjuction with technology in my shoes has allowed me to run again when my surgeon said i never would. 

Yes i could possibly have done it without the technology but don't know and never will.

• Like 1

Fitness Buddy    602
11 hours ago, Peter said:

Because we work and earn money to spend on stuff tht makes us happy. 

Yet we bitch when things go wrong with gadget.

pieman    377
2 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Nah just buy another one

• Like 1

goughy    1,999
18 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Doesnt fix knee problems

Who's got knee problems? ;)

Am I some sort of old fart or something?

Edited by goughy

prizna    525
13 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Yet you bitch all the time about everything...... Each to their own I guess

Peter    1,562
On 4/1/2017 at 8:05 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

On 4/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, pieman said:

Nah just buy another one

Exactly 

23 hours ago, prizna said:

Yet you bitch all the time about everything...... Each to their own I guess

LOL

FB just got dealt bad cards in life if you ask him

Fitness Buddy    602

HEY Peter

I used some of your medicine.  Got the shimano rod out and caught something.   

You earn a lot of money? have a easy life I have been told and seem to get a kick out being an arsehole to members on here which causes them to leave the forum this has happened in the past and quite recently.  You even send PM to members saying you are going to make their life hell.  

IMO you are keyboard warrior who most likely would not have the guts to say what you say on here to peoples faces.  Trying to the be smartarse is not always becoming, you may think it is funny but just remember the target audience could be on the cusp of mental decline.  Do you ever think why people put posts on here?  Some are after help in training and racing info and sometimes a person posts because maybe it is their main means of interaction with a community of people with similiar interests. 

Admin should have kicked you off the forum IMO.  

• Like 2

zed    752
On 31/03/2017 at 6:21 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

Why do we always need the latest gadget?  

What is wrong with what you already have?  

Do we really need it or are we really trying to fit in with the gadget driven tri world? 

I can imagine a lot of people NOT upgrading from their 920 to the 935, it's not enough of an upgrade in comparison to the 910 - 920. I'm upgrading because it coincides with my 920 dying, Garmin are sending me a replacement which I'll sell. 

Cape_Horn    163

My 910 shat itself (again) at IMWA.

After testing, basically it looks like it gets a memory fault in any file over ~4hours, 2 months ago, I purchased a 920XT. I will admit I am liking the 920. Would I upgrade to the 935? with the difference being an upgraded CIQ and Optical HR, the answer is... no.

(Esp as I managed to find the 920 for less than $320 delivered - can't fault the pricing - I have have to deal with it being red/white)

pieman    377
1 hour ago, Cape_Horn said:

My 910 shat itself (again) at IMWA.

After testing, basically it looks like it gets a memory fault in any file over ~4hours, 2 months ago, I purchased a 920XT. I will admit I am liking the 920. Would I upgrade to the 935? with the difference being an upgraded CIQ and Optical HR, the answer is... no.

(Esp as I managed to find the 920 for less than $320 delivered - can't fault the pricing - I have have to deal with it being red/white)

from HRM USA?

Cape_Horn    163
43 minutes ago, pieman said:

from HRM USA?

My apologies 369.99, inc postage from Bikebug. (at that stage, they wanted 500+ for the blue, and 650+ for the black)

Peter    1,562
3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

HEY Peter

I used some of your medicine.  Got the shimano rod out and caught something.   

You earn a lot of money? have a easy life I have been told and seem to get a kick out being an arsehole to members on here which causes them to leave the forum this has happened in the past and quite recently.  You even send PM to members saying you are going to make their life hell.  

IMO you are keyboard warrior who most likely would not have the guts to say what you say on here to peoples faces.  Trying to the be smartarse is not always becoming, you may think it is funny but just remember the target audience could be on the cusp of mental decline.  Do you ever think why people put posts on here?  Some are after help in training and racing info and sometimes a person posts because maybe it is their main means of interaction with a community of people with similiar interests. 

Admin should have kicked you off the forum IMO.  

I'd say it to your face.  Come to the CBD when you want.  Message me.

I'll tell you are a sook to your face for sure. 

willie    608
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'd say it to your face.  Come to the CBD when you want.  Message me.

I'll tell you are a sook to your face for sure. 

Grow up. There's no need for the petty shit around here... Maybe, instead of being a dick you could offer a hand or some help, he might be having a hard time in his own way. Not everyone can deal with things as well or in the same way as others. 

Be supportive or just grow the **** up and say nothing. 

• Like 5

Peter    1,562

Okay so lets just review here.

I started a thread saying how cool this new watch is.  I have an extremely old one (310XT) and I'd like to get it when it comes out.

He gets on and bags it and my thoughts on getting it.

Then he says I'm a keyboard warrior.  Meaning I wouldn't say stuff to his face.  

Well sorry to tell you but I would. I say what I think.  I post what I think. No games.

Ironically I was thinking I'd even buy him a coffee and we would probably have a good chat.  

In life we all have hard times.  I've gone thru a lot as most on here have 

But if you don't move on from shit situations and continue to dwell on them for years, you are wasting your life.

Playing the victim is not the answer.  Just go yeah I got some shit cards dealt to me but say fark it, and move on. 

prizna    525
3 hours ago, Peter said:

Okay so lets just review here.

I started a thread saying how cool this new watch is.  I have an extremely old one (310XT) and I'd like to get it when it comes out.

He gets on and bags it and my thoughts on getting it.

Then he says I'm a keyboard warrior.  Meaning I wouldn't say stuff to his face.  

Well sorry to tell you but I would. I say what I think.  I post what I think. No games.

Ironically I was thinking I'd even buy him a coffee and we would probably have a good chat.  

In life we all have hard times.  I've gone thru a lot as most on here have 

But if you don't move on from shit situations and continue to dwell on them for years, you are wasting your life.

Playing the victim is not the answer.  Just go yeah I got some shit cards dealt to me but say fark it, and move on. 

Now who's playing the victim