trinube

If you're going to cheat...

Ex-Hasbeen    3,875

That part of the story is BS. The zoomed in photo is not the same photo as the one they are saying it is. It's been taken from a slightly different angle.

trinube    1,108

Maybe there were a couple of finisher photos and this one just showed it better?

zed    771
15 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That part of the story is BS. The zoomed in photo is not the same photo as the one they are saying it is. It's been taken from a slightly different angle.

From what I've read, that's exactly what happened and she confessed. She was trying to get in an elite group at her running club sub 1.24 or something hence the course cutting. She's been subsequently kicked out of her running club, big thread on ST.

goughy    2,147

Everyone needs something to be pissed about!  I didn't watch the vid, but the still image in the post, is that Sean Spicer...... or is it just too early for me to see straight?

Rocket Salad    1,068

Good on him. He should be paid.

Cheating either by using PEDS or cutting the course seems to be almost normalised now. 

Ex-Hasbeen    3,875
23 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I have a stalker who does this for all my races.   

Don't talk about Peter like that.

• Like 1

Peter    1,612
45 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I have a stalker who does this for all my races.   

22 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Don't talk about Peter like that.

haha it's not me. 

I don't need to stalk him until he goes sub 11 and I lose $1000

Stickman is his stalker.

Goughy the video is actually a good story

Peter    1,612
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

He says in just 50 races, he caught 200-250 cheats. That is a lot of cheating. Very disheartening.

The guys at work swapped numbers for Melb Half marathon last year.  2 got injured and didnt race and 2 others did it under their names.

They did walk it and would have been heaps slower.

They just didn't want the entry money to go to waste.

So not everyone is cheating for times. Just thrifty.

The Customer    1,321

That's different though. It's not like the example the guy in the video gives of someone taking a train or bus to finish line LOL

Or the woman who gave her bib chip to her husband to run for her then she collected her category prize.

goughy    2,147

I'm not even remotely surprised by how many are doing it. I mean, we complain incessantly about drafting. We see dives in soccer. Cheating in other major sports. Let alone in everyday life. Look at the crap being dolled out to Ayto in the mental health thread. People are crap. Surround yourself with the few you can find that aren't.

• Like 6

Cottoneyes    798
10 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Good on him. He should be paid.

Cheating either by using PEDS or cutting the course seems to be almost normalised now. 

But how does he check this isn't their "A" race before calling them out.  You need to make sure it's not their "A" race before it can officially be cheating

• Like 1

Peter    1,612
39 minutes ago, The Customer said:

That's different though. It's not like the example the guy in the video gives of someone taking a train or bus to finish line LOL

Or the woman who gave her bib chip to her husband to run for her then she collected her category prize.

True. 

Ex-Hasbeen    3,875
38 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

But how does he check this isn't their "A" race before calling them out.  You need to make sure it's not their "A" race before it can officially be cheating

From what I've seen in the past, he's fairly thorough. He checks times, then photos. I would assume if you didn't miss a timing point, ran reasonably consistent, and you didn't change sex clothes or colour between start & finish, he'd let you pass.

That said, I reckon he must have just missed Boston qualification one year, cause the amount of effort he goes through to out qualifiers that cheated is incredible.

goughy    2,147

That was interesting to listen to.  Especially where the woman said she felt a sense of 'validation' (was that it) at her time, even though she didn't do it herself.

This is at the pointy end.  Can you imagine how much of this goes on throughout the whole ranks?

Cottoneyes    798
12 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

From what I've seen in the past, he's fairly thorough. He checks times, then photos. I would assume if you didn't miss a timing point, ran reasonably consistent, and you didn't change sex clothes or colour between start & finish, he'd let you pass.

That said, I reckon he must have just missed Boston qualification one year, cause the amount of effort he goes through to out qualifiers that cheated is incredible.

Ex, Was referring to a case on here from years back where someone was called out for course cutting, but offered up it wasn't their A race so it didn't matter