Peter

Superleague Triathlon LIVE

Rude Beef    36

Very keen to see this. Looked at the course maps and the multi-lap bike will be very technical. The descent towards the marina is short but steep, only just manageable in a golf buggy one-handed while nursing a xxxx. Interested to see how far they push things in the race.

Kenneth    123

I'm pretty pumped for this. But why hasn't CJMacca been on here talking up the event?

roxii    4,113

I'm pretty pumped for this. But why hasn't CJMacca been on here talking up the event?

Never mind that, why didnt he fly me up there to cover the event?????

• Like 3

roxii    4,113

This afternoons racing:

The first format to be raced at Super League Hamilton Island is Triple Mix, which tests the versatility and adaptability of athletes by challenging them to complete three stages of all three disciplines with a maximum ten-minute break between stages.

“When this sport was born it was about who can swim, who can bike and who can run the fastest and it was never discussed in any order,” said Super League Triathlon co-founder Chris McCormack.

Triple Mix will require athletes to complete three stages, as follows:

● Stage 1 - Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)

● Stage 2 - Run (2km), Bike (6km), Swim (300m)

● Stage 3 - Bike (6km), Swim (300m), Run (2km)

• Like 1

Ex-Hasbeen    3,872

So it's start on Friday at 4:30pm

And again on Sat and Sun at 4:30pm (AEST)

See it here https://superleaguetriathlon.com/

or on Foxsports in australia

here for other TV times https://superleaguetriathlon.com/?post_id=124

And remember, that's 5:30 for all you Southerners with that funny Summer time. :)

roxii    4,113

And remember, that's 5:30 for all you Southerners with that funny Summer time. :)

:lol:

You mean "for the rest of the modern world"

That's good though, means I should be able to get home in time. Weather in Sydney is shithouse so I dont think Crits will be on, so will be good TV time.

Kenneth    123

Be interesting how the long course guys go today.

Think they may get a head start tomorrow afternoon by crushing the tt in the morning. Run leg speed will hurt them today though. Apparently birtwistle has a sub-8 3k. Daym

Peter    1,611

Thanks.

Kenneth    123

Â

Â

Â

Never mind that, why didnt he fly me up there to cover the event?????Â

Good question. Different tact - throw josh a finders fee for getting more pros on the forum

roxii    4,113

I hope they have some cameras set up at a few critical locations on the bike.

There will be some super fast, sharp corners on Hammo and I reckon we are guaranteed a few big crashes.

IronmanFoz    664

Late afternoon storm forecast across the 3 days. Could be some slipping and sliding in the bike given the roads are pretty smooth.

Peter    1,611

It's going to be cool to see who is the new Brad Beven.

roxii    4,113

Just an observation;;

These guys are doing LOTS of pretty good media on social media platforms which is great for generating interest.

One thing of note though is there seems to be a pretty big "gravy train" there which I hope serves a good purpose (yeah I'm jealous I'm not on it :lol:) but could be a bit of a drain on the bottom line.

For this to succeed it needs to be self sustaining, looking at the videos so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of sponsorship happening. I just hope it can make a buck so it keeps on going.

Kenneth    123

Just an observation;;

These guys are doing LOTS of pretty good media on social media platforms which is great for generating interest.

One thing of note though is there seems to be a pretty big "gravy train" there which I hope serves a good purpose (yeah I'm jealous I'm not on it :lol:) but could be a bit of a drain on the bottom line.

For this to succeed it needs to be self sustaining, looking at the videos so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of sponsorship happening. I just hope it can make a buck so it keeps on going.

I've enjoyed the interviews. You can tell Macca is trying to make some rivalries public and giving the guys a personality.

For success, like any startup, the pockets need to be deep enough for long enough until the tide turns. This one is all about creating exposure and getting the ball rolling. Pretty much a test event - they might have to change the format for the next one to level it one way or the other. They more than just the itu guys winning to make it interesting.

Wonder if Brownlie will start towing the line. Only seen him in an adidas shirt so far, where all the other have the Superleague merch on. Surely they're (organisers and athletes) aren't happy about that.

Also saw Emma Frodeno is involved. Where's the other half?

Peter    1,611

Also saw Emma Frodeno is involved. Where's the other half?

I wouldn't be surprise if Emma is there to commentate and Jan might be on the bike for vision?

Or doing the old commentator out on the course?

Kenneth    123

She might be involved in the marketing. Would be good to see Jan racing. Clashed with other priorities or too scared?

Kenneth    123

Looks like it will work, from 4:30 anyway. Thought we were being geoblocked for a while there.