Bored@work

Mitch Anderson 12hr bike ride

Last update I saw (50 min ago) he had done 343km, still averaging 41

Yep, me. That's why I asked

You missed the joke.

Mitch once posted that on here to a topic ruley or yoyo bought up.

Haha

Go to search and search on

Tossbag

Youll get the joke.

• Like 2

That's so impressive - is he stopping for bottle changes or is someone handing them to him on the move?

Based on the photos it looks like there is a crew down there handing him bananas and choc chip cookies. Check out the 8 in 8 Facebook page

Haha

Go to search and search on

Tossbag

T

Youll get the joke.

Wasn't it with reference to our opinion on something either about him or something he said?

He's done 420km at 10:16, he'll smash the record at this rate

Edited by -H-

If any of Mitch's people read this, it would have been great to use the hash tag from the pre-event posters in updates on the day.

As for the actual ride, he's doing an amazing job.

• Like 1

Wasn't it with reference to our opinion on something either about him or something he said?

He endeared himself to the plebs by taking a Kona spot as an AGer (for a year only before taking a pro license again), then expressed his disdain for our opinions in poetic fashion.

• Like 2

Wow very surprised. No one in that photo has a hipster beard.

aren't hipster beards for those with entry level/crappy jobs trying to pretend they are something greater than they are?

despite drinking plenty of coffee and hanging around in st kilda from time to time thats something that Mitch's crew definitely aren't.

Anyone of those hipster beard types who tried hanging around for the saturday ride with them down to dromana or portsea would get spat out the back pretty early on and probably not return after a couple of rides.

• Like 2

490km I think. Prettyamazing. World champion. Was windy too. Crowd of about 100.

Edited by longshot
  • Like 2

490km I think. Prettyamazing. World champion. Was windy too.

Please. The bay is like glass. Has been all day.

Still impressive. I couldnt do 40k for 1 lap.

Â

I got the joke. Â I'm just in a shit mood today.

Taper rage?

Taper rage?

Yep, that & the fact the Mrs Bored@work is on diet & removed all the good food from the house.

It's been 2 weeks since I last had a donut.

aren't hipster beards for those with entry level/crappy jobs trying to pretend they are something greater than they are?

despite drinking plenty of coffee and hanging around in st kilda from time to time thats something that Mitch's crew definitely aren't.

Anyone of those hipster beard types who tried hanging around for the saturday ride with them down to dromana or portsea would get spat out the back pretty early on and probably not return after a couple of rides.

Hey, that hits really close to home thanks very much.

Please. The bay is like glass. Has been all day.

Yesterday was windless, today was pretty windy. Readings from St Kilda Yacht Club (from BoM website):

13/07:00pm - - - - - SSW 35 41 19 22 - - - 13/06:30pm - - - - - SSW 37 41 20 22 - - - 13/06:00pm - - - - - SSW 39 44 21 24 - - - 13/05:30pm - - - - - SSW 41 46 22 25 - - - 13/05:00pm - - - - - SSW 35 41 19 22 - - - 13/04:30pm - - - - - SSW 32 37 17 20 - - - 13/04:00pm - - - - - SSW 35 39 19 21 - - - 13/03:30pm - - - - - SSW 32 35 17 19 - - - 13/03:00pm - - - - - SSW 32 35 17 19 - - - 13/02:30pm - - - - - SSW 30 33 16 18 - - - 13/02:00pm - - - - - SSW 20 24 11 13 - - - 13/01:30pm - - - - - SSW 19 20 10 11 - - - 13/01:00pm - - - - - SSW 19 22 10 12 - - - 13/12:30pm - - - - - SSW 20 22 11 12 - - - 13/12:00pm - - - - - SW 13 17 7 9 - -

-

Â

Yep, that & the fact the Mrs Bored@work is on diet & removed all the good food from the house.Â

Â

You live 6 blocks from a mcdonalds.

Yep, that & the fact the Mrs Bored@work is on diet & removed all the good food from the house.

I get a donut every time I go fishing.

It was not ssw of 30+ at all today.

The bay was glass this morning for the wstc club triathlon and then again at Williamstown tonight 4pm.

Hey, that hits really close to home thanks very much.

Nah mate u wouldn't get dropped...hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just need a better hiding place for it.

I've got chocolate hidden in places around this house that even I've forgotten. :)

Officially 489.8km - his Garmin had 501.6 which will be a tricky record to beat when he uploads to Strava

247km in the first 6 hours, "only" 243km in the second 6 hours. So you can see he really died in the ar$e ...

Conditions were mixed. First 3 hours were perfect, swirly wind picked up from then on which would have been easily enough to have a nett negative impact on speed.

Bigger problem was probably the direct sunlight which had some real bite for the 11am - 3pm period. Wore ice around his neck for a little bit.

Two flat tyres and two off-the-bike natural breaks cost about 3-4 minutes total.

Went to the well though - never seen him hurt this much on the bike (although it would be tricky for me to see him hurt given I'm miles back ...)

• Like 2