Sign in to follow this  
Tall Paul

Mooloolaba Tri 2017

Great conditions for the swim and bike this year. Temp on the run plus being a bit short on training made for a tough leg. Good to see the pros doing OD again instead of Sprint.

Edited by bRace

Were they! That's great to hear. I didn't enjoy watch a sprint quite as much as the OD.

Thats quite cool!

Quite cool until it said we were swimming in sh*t!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

But the water was so clear and enticing at race start!!!

The salps would have eaten all the sh*t

• Like 1

The salps would have eaten all the sh*t

I reckon a few athletes must have eaten some salps with all the sh#t they were talking in recovery

• Like 1

Some interesting comments. Mooloolaba actually had about 500 more entries this year than last year, so definitely not dying off. Of course no race is ever perfect for every person. Take the opportunity to give feedback if there are things you didn't like. There were actually drink bottles that were being given out in the recovery area where the water was being given out. Youngy, it was a qualifier for Rotterdam. Canada is the Aquathlon, Long Distance and Duathlon I think. Rotterdam is Standard and Sprint. I had a late wave, so a hot, tough day but I really enjoy Mooloolaba...and this was the National Championships so how lucky are we??!! And for people who weren't there, the ITU athletes actually did a full Olympic Distance this year. There are certainly things I will give feedback on, but I still enjoy it each and every year and would love to hear people spread the positivity about our sport.. :)

• Like 4

My biggest gripe is the lack of recovery space in the recovery area. I must have been allowed to sit in one of the only shaded chairs for all of 40 seconds before being moved on. As a fat, unfit guy who had just waddled to a 3:16, it really annoyed me. It wasn't like people were lining up to sit there either.

I was disappointed that the survey today was just about tourism, not the race.

At yeppoon last year they had big inflatable pools with cold water in them in the recovery area. Was the best thing I have seen in a recovery area.

I would assume that numbers were up due to the $150 early bird special. Great value for an event like that

I would assume that numbers were up due to the $150 early bird special. Great value for an event like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote0]

Agree.. just do a time series of entries over all events since 2010 and see the declines. If entries were lll up then that's great as it is muy favorite event and if it goes i wont replace it with noosa..

Was good to see the itu back at the longer distance although scheduling both the same day means spectators are limited.

I'm back next year to undo my dnf and hopefully the organisers keep tying to rebuild

• Like 1

I love the race and the weekend at Mooloolaba. Good course and good location. My only minor criticism would be the recovery area. From what I saw I think they only had water, endura (in race bottles), and some water melon. I was an early wave so I was fine, but a couple of mates finished about 10.45 and there were was no water melon and no bottles left.

Anyone know the dates for next year? I need to get some closer accommodation.

I guess they will announce it pretty soon. Accom doesn't sell out too quickly.

I guess they will announce it pretty soon. Accom doesn't sell out too quickly.

Doesn't sell out at all - we stayed on the spit and rhere were vacancies all along there - I even think the caravan park there had some spots

2018 dates out. 9th to 11th. Accom booked, 200m from transition She matched the booking.com price, but said she was putting the prices up straight away when she found out it was tri weekend.

Edited by mhvh

I didn't,the guy before me did, but she hadn't had time to change it on booking.com even though she had changed it on their site. She honoured the booking.com price though

On 10/03/2017 at 7:16 PM, Tall Paul said:

They put Cranky in charge of ordering them

They're coming!