pippen

Half Iron Enduro Format

Looking for some feedback

We have run 2 Standard distances as Enduro Format over the last month Swim/Bike/Run/Swim/Bike/Run

Looks like everyone enjoyed the format

Would you consider Half Iron as an Enduro format

That is 950m/45/10.5/950m/45/10.5
Would be also interested to know if it has ever been done over this distance in the past?

• Like 1

I'd probably do it, haven't heard of it being done before

• Like 1

I think these things are great fun.

What I do wonder, do you have any concerns with people having gone too hard on the first half and maybe bring taped out for the second swim, and getting in trouble?

I luv the Enduro format, though I have only done much shorter ones. Not sure if it is just me but I often cramp during the second swim. Running 10km followed by 950m may be a safety issue if it causes cramping problems.

Didnt seem to have any problems over 750/20/5/750/20/5 but obvousily a bit longer?

As normal water saftety out there, as we run smaller events at same time

I'm not fit enough to do one of 'em. Let alone 2 back to back :P

What would be good is to give the punters (i.e me) that would like to only do the half'a'half (you can even steal the name :P ), the option to start as an when they wanted whilst the other race was going on. that way you'll have folks out on course all the time. Or in my case, I can chase my wifey around for her second half of the tricathalong as would other no doubt.

would definitely be up for this... in fact it's more appealing than the standard 1.9/90/21 as most of the fun of triathlon I think is not having time to get bored!

• Like 2

Someone bring back the old tour de tri please..... pretty please. Even if I have to walk!

• Like 1

or maybe one course

500/20/5 - you choose do once (Sprint), 2 laps (oly) or 4 Laps (long)

I like this idea.

Then for the RD, they get people over all distances.

I'd also suggest one of those medals that can link together like a jigsaw.

do it once only get 1 medal. do it all 4 you get the 4 and they link to be one big medal.

It's also better as a 500 mtr swim is easier to manage from a water safety and ability to swim it.

• Like 1

And consideration of a swim that wont cause problems as non wetsuit.

We all know how some folk dont like it

I like the idea. Ive done a sprint distance one and it was great.

Alo, is non wetsuit swimming or water safety is a problem, ive also done

swim bike run bike run

Which was also good

Edited by The Turtle

And consideration of a swim that wont cause problems as non wetsuit.

We all know how some folk dont like it

only people from Vic for some reason have an inability to swim without one even when it's 35c

only people from Vic for some reason have an inability to swim without one even when it's 35c

That explains why im such an oddball here! Im not a real mexican.

I loved my last few non wetsuit swims. Slower i think (im a muppet swimmer) , but more enjoyable

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

or maybe one course

500/20/5 - you choose do once (Sprint), 2 laps (oly), 3 laps (WA Long) or 4 Laps (long)

FIFY.

• Like 1

doesn't have to be non wetsuit , if u decide to put it on good for you

triple tri we always put the wettie on for all three swims , just adds another skill and difference to the race

id be in for this for sure

I reckon u could have it as a quarter half and also thre quarters and then a full IM option so do it 4 times

sounds great and something different

Edited by ironpo

I love it when Pippen is on the sauce at lunchtime the day after a successful event. He comes up with some challenging suggestions for races. And there's always some nutcase ready to try them!

Think I'd sit this one out and bring the motorbike along for a TA or something. That way I can run the GoPro and video IPs tongue hanging in his front spokes on the second and third bike after being thru the swim a few times. Hahaha

500/20/5 - you choose do once (Sprint), 2 laps (oly) or 4 Laps (long)

Sounds like a lot of fun. Not enough enduros. I think the short swim and multi-lap format makes a lot of sense.

I love it when Pippen is on the sauce at lunchtime the day after a successful event. He comes up with some challenging suggestions for races. And there's always some nutcase ready to try them!

Think I'd sit this one out and bring the motorbike along for a TA or something. That way I can run the GoPro and video IPs tongue hanging in his front spokes on the second and third bike after being thru the swim a few times. Hahaha

Lol

No chance

I wouldnt have even warmed up on the first few legs

Edited by ironpo

Little bit more feedback about my idea for Enduro Half IronFest to see if it will work

I'm thinking 4 x Sprints (500/20/5)

Male will have 1hour 15min to finish each of the stages.  Maybe Female 1hour 25min. Welcome feedback as would want this time achievable for most punters to make

If you finish stage before this time you have a rest until gun goes off for race 2, 3, 4

Maybe some bonuses for finishing either certain time and placing in each stage for the last race or next race

If you don't make the time cut off, that's fine you just continue to race the 4 x sprints back to back

Thoughts?

Would I get enough interest?
  • Like 1

Sounds awesome! I love the enduro stuff, although have only done very short ones. Would even think about travelling down for something like that!

Lots of talk on my facebook about just straight 4 x Sprints vs having time cutoffs where athlete comes under time, can rest up with time bonuses for placings that would used in last race.

Thoughts?