Jump to content
Rocket Salad

In the news thread.

Recommended Posts

Syria war: 'At least 68 children among 126 killed' in bus bombing - 17 May

Pray for Manchester. Ariana's World Tour cancelled - oh no!

Edited by The Customer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, goughy said:

Doesn't seem like it in this case.  One brother arrested in England, and another brother and his father arrested in Tripoli.  News was saying the brother arrested in Tripoli was heading home to carry out another attack.

Turns out the family knew he wanted 'revenge' for Syria.  Can't see anything about where they alerted authorities, what a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Intolerance, absolutely spot on.  Let's make sure we don't make the same mistake

So you want to tolerate 8 year old girls being blow to pieces at a pop concert? 

 

I dont want to tolerate that at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Customer said:

Syria war: 'At least 68 children among 126 killed' in bus bombing - 17 May

Pray for Manchester. Ariana's World Tour cancelled - oh no!

I pray for a world where the followers of this backwards, violent, racist, mysoginistic and homophobic ideology are left to blow themselves to pieces as much as they like in their own sand infested shit holes for the next 600 years until the catch up with the civilized world and leave the rest of us alone. 

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 4,000 radiclised Muslims in England alone who are on 24 hour, personalized monitoring, at the cost of millions of pounds.

And still the bleeding hearts want to let more in! And cry inclusiveness, intolerance, bigotry and acceptance. And the Muslims play the victims and get more support for sideways glances than bomb victims. 

 

The world has had gone completely and utterly mad. 

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Niseko said:

There are 4,000 radiclised Muslims in England alone who are on 24 hour, personalized monitoring, at the cost of millions of pounds.

And still the bleeding hearts want to let more in! And cry inclusiveness, intolerance, bigotry and acceptance. And the Muslims play the victims and get more support for sideways glances than bomb victims. 

 

The world has had gone completely and utterly mad. 

I have heard that the number is closer to 3,000, but what's a thousand-odd nutcases walking the streets ready to do whatever they want?

Watching Question Time over here (similar to Australia's Q&A), there was a statistic that only 0.3% of all usable leads on terrorist activity come from the Islamic community. Given that they are only 4.4% of the known population, that's far too low, but given that they are responsible for most of the terrorist incidents in the UK .... well, that is appalling and they need to start shopping their mates and families.

And they are still only 4.4% of the population which are causing 95% of the fear and mistrust in the community at the moment.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Niseko said:

I pray for a world where the followers of this backwards, violent, racist, mysoginistic and homophobic ideology are left to blow themselves to pieces as much as they like in their own sand infested shit holes for the next 600 years until the catch up with the civilized world and leave the rest of us alone. 

So you don't mind that 68 children were blown up in Syria?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Customer said:

So you don't mind that 68 children were blown up in Syria?

As bad at it seems, no, I don't think he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it, but It bothers me and I think everyone far less than what happened in Manchester. England are our allies and there's a far argument that we are at war, so who gets bothered as much at when the enemy suffers from losses? And when I say enemy I mean the Islamists seeking to dominate the world.

In just 48 hours :
Explosion in Manchester
Explosion in Bangkok
Car bombing in Syria
ISIS attack in Marawi
Suicide bombing in Jakarta  

All done by radicalized Muslims and yet people still defend and defend Islam  as a religion of peace  

I can't help but notice that you are sounding more and more like a member of a group such as Hitzbut Tahrir, Hamas etc. 

Ask them to condemn a terrosit attack against us and they ignore the question and focus on people dying in the Middle East. 

On a radicilastion scale of 1-10 where a suicide bomber is a 10 what score do you think you'd be? 

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Niseko said:

I don't like it, but It bothers me and I think everyone far less than what happened in Manchester.

Speak for yourself. Don't assume what 'everyone' thinks. A child is a child, regardless of the colour of their skin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair point. I should have worded it better, I guess I meant all Australians.

But the direction Australia has gone recently, I'd have to clarify and say 'what Australians actually think' as probably most would lie as to their actual feelings.

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Margaret Court causing a ruckus.  Saw her on The Project last night (though I missed the start), and while it's one of my favourite shows I thought they went a bit too hard at her and on the wrong tack.  While I don't agree with her views, she is allowed to have them.  But the problem I have with her view, and also in the way they dealt with her last night, was that there isn't enough talk about the separation between religion and state.  She continually brought up the bible etc etc, and they slammed her, but why the heck did they not point out that christianity doesn't have ownership over marriage, that all other religions have it and the simple fact that marriage within the state and marriage within religion are not the same.

I can't see how someone can say they can't allow gay marriage because the bible is against it, yet that same person recognise my marriage which was presided over in a park by a celebrant, with nothing to do with god at all.  To me, if they can't accept gay marriage because of religion, then they can't accept mine either!

While I think religion should also accept marriage equality, that is a totally different argument all together, and if a church doesn't want to then it's for them and their constituents to argue over!  That's got nothing to do with me what so ever.  But religion shouldn't be driving something that no longer has anything to do with them.

I so hope there is a god, called buddha, so when all the christians get up there they get to have that 'wtf' face! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that long ago that Aborigines were not allowed to vote in Australia. And not long before that women were allowed to vote. Today in 2017 can you imagine that? It seems insane but there were people arguing against both those decisions at the time. Hopefully as a society we move forward and become 'better' over time. In 50 years from now marriage equality will be viewed the same way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering what Waleed's own religion does with homosexuals his condescending and sanctimonious attitude was very hypocritical. He is such a wordsmith he makes everyone love him as he ostensibly is calling for 'inclusion' and reducing 'division, but if you break down what he says it's usually him saying "Don't worry about Islam, there's nothing to see here at all'.

 

This breakdown of his BS is terrific: 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Niseko said:

He is such a wordsmith he makes everyone love him 

Actually he is getting more disliked daily.

If I was the producer of "The Project" aka NEWS for dumb people

I'd drop him fast. He will damage the show beyond repair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still love the project, but think they conducted that interview horribly, and completely on the wrong tack. But I don't agree with Margaret Court at all either. But should have let her say her piece more as that alone was burying her, at least in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does Rebel Wilson seriously believe she was going to be a superstar? and missed out on roles because USA studio executives read something negative about her in a Australian tv magazine?  puh lease....shoot me now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I'm happy for someone to take on those mags. I mean, they just print fabricated bullshit all the time, so I actually hope she gets somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty gripping Four Corners tonight about the end of the Lindt Seige - seems the wallopers in charge might have made a few pretty serious errors of judgement. Just a very sad story for the families.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, trinube said:

Pretty gripping Four Corners tonight about the end of the Lindt Seige - seems the wallopers in charge might have made a few pretty serious errors of judgement. Just a very sad story for the families.

Whilst the guys in charge may have made errors, I have nothing but respect for those on the ground, who ran into a room to confront an armed man who was suspected of having a bomb, and being ready to explode it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Whilst the guys in charge may have made errors, I have nothing but respect for those on the ground, who ran into a room to confront an armed man who was suspected of having a bomb, and being ready to explode it.

Yeah I was reading something last week (cant find it again) but basically saying the front line police rang their families to say goodbye before going in as if all was suspected they werent expected to survive.  

WOW!!! 

I havent seen the show but my thoughts: 

In hindsight I think its easy to say what "should" have happened, but if the cops went in early and tried to shoot Monis, then there is every possibility that there would have been deaths, such as happened anyway with Katrina Dawson so while there may be processes they could do better in the future its hard to argue about what could have happened versus a hypothetical scenario.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roxii said:

In hindsight I think its easy to say what "should" have happened, but if the cops went in early and tried to shoot Monis, then there is every possibility that there would have been deaths, such as happened anyway with Katrina Dawson so while there may be processes they could do better in the future its hard to argue about what could have happened versus a hypothetical scenario.

Yeah I agree with this. The police would of been in more trouble with the media if they had gone in guns blazing and killed a hostage before Monis had acted. I would not like to be in the position of the lead cop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, goughy said:

Meh, I'm happy for someone to take on those mags. I mean, they just print fabricated bullshit all the time, so I actually hope she gets somewhere.

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×