In the news thread.

36 minutes ago, The Customer said:

And when you get to the top you always say, "Thank God!"

Shortly followed by 'where's the effing cake?'

No they just passed their IQ test. 

Edited by Rog

26 minutes ago, Rog said:

Edit...

Two very different sides of politics. I didn't follow very closely but I'm surprised it wasn't closer. Didn't the Dutch have a similar result?

Edited by Rocket Salad

On 08/05/2017 at 6:32 AM, Rocket Salad said:

Did France just vote for more terror attacks?

I'm laughing at the left celebrating a merchant banker getting elected.

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. Would have been a lot of kids and teens there.  19 confirmed dead and about another 50 injured.

First reports said bomb, then they were saying possible electrical fault or even balloons, now they are saying police are treating it as terrorist activity. With everyone on tenterhooks now, it doesn't take much to start a panic.

I suppose even if it was just an electrical fault, you could say that terrorists (and the media/political hype up) are to blame for the deaths.

I think I'm starting to get used to this sort of thing now. Happens 2 or 3 times a year.

1 hour ago, Rocket Salad said:

I think I'm starting to get used to this sort of thing now. Happens 2 or 3 times a year.

What?  The media calling it a terror attack without any knowledge or confirmation and then chamging it to what actually happened?

btw. I firmly believe the media is shit 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

What?  The media calling it a terror attack without any knowledge or confirmation and then chamging it to what actually happened?

btw. I firmly believe the media is shit 

Confirmed suicide bomber,  sounds like a nail bomb.

Truly sickening. And terrorism is pretty low down on the problems with Islam. The inability to separate church and state and quest for global jihad and domination is a far greater concern. 

The mentality of the bomber is firmly focused on the promise of nirvana in the afterlife. And yes the 72 virgins. 

Dont be surprised if the bomber was was born and raised in England and been a bit of a wayward Muslim. Boozing and rooting around etc.  and possibly radicalized in jail and no doubt known to authorities. 

• Like 2

Libyan descent, born in Manchester and had three siblings!

8yr old girl named as one of the victims, her mother is in a serious condition in hospital in a coma with no idea her daughter has died.  Just gut wrenching.

Ariana has cancelled her world tour.

And the fake news - early reports were that a group of 50 unaccompanied  children were being sheltered in a Holiday Inn while their parents were trying to be found - confirmed to not have been true at all.  

Manchester is terrible, but how many of you heard about the bombing in a Bangkok hospital that occurred around the same time, or the ISIS attack in Marawai, Phillipines yesterday?

Not at all.  And what you say is right..... horrible in Manchester, but these things are happening all around the world, and the further from a "westernised" country, the less we hear.

9 hours ago, goughy said:

And the fake news - early reports were that a group of 50 unaccompanied  children were being sheltered in a Holiday Inn while their parents were trying to be found - confirmed to not have been true at all.  

I know it's trendy from  to label anything 'fake news' and there are some holes in this story but I'm yet to see anything that 'confirms' it was completely fabricated.  Could you share a link?  (I'm genuinely curious).

And there is one thing in common with all the attacks.

It starts with an I. 

And be I don't mean 'Idiots' putting their head as far up their own arse as possible and pretending these are 'lone wolf' attacks and making up hashtags about deviceness and hate. 

Edited by Niseko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niseko said:

And there is one thing in common with all the attacks.

It starts with an I. 

And be I don't mean 'Idiots' putting their head as far up their own arse as possible and pretending these are 'lone wolf' attacks and making up hashtags about deviceness and hate. 

The other thing in common is the family will come out and say 'We had no idea about any of this'....blah blah

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niseko said:

It starts with an I. 

Intolerance, absolutely spot on.  Let's make sure we don't make the same mistake

6 hours ago, FatPom said:

The other thing in common is the family will come out and say 'We had no idea about any of this'....blah blah

Doesn't seem like it in this case.  One brother arrested in England, and another brother and his father arrested in Tripoli.  News was saying the brother arrested in Tripoli was heading home to carry out another attack.

We always say that you should never take advice on Ironamn from someone who hasn't done one.

Maybe we should try imparting that logic on suicide bombers, don't take advice on suicide bombings from anyone who hasn't already successfully done one themselves....... Oh wait 

• Like 1