Rocket Salad

In the news thread.

You gotta laugh... Margaret Court has invoked the Hitler argument, thus terminating the entire debate.

"That's what Hitler did. That's what communism did," Mrs Court said, "get in the minds of the children. There's a whole plot in our nation and in the nations of the world to get in the minds of the children."

Yep, those god-damned queers and lesbos are leading our kiddies astray, just like Hitler and Stalin.

On 30/05/2017 at 9:35 AM, Limited said:

Yeah I agree with this. The police would of been in more trouble with the media if they had gone in guns blazing and killed a hostage before Monis had acted. I would not like to be in the position of the lead cop

I agree, there have been very few successful rescue attempts.  sad as it is two deaths is not a bad outcome in a terrorist situation.  the only other thing they could have done is waited for the sniper to get a clear shot, but its not like the movies where even the perfect shot can hit its target as it has to perfectly pierce some pretty thick glass and not deviate. 

Shocking stuff happening over in London at the moment. A van running down pedestrians on London Bridge, and reports of people jumping out and stabbing others. Also reports of stabbings in Borough Markets as well. 

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/terror-incident-on-london-bridge/news-story/da2193dc6631617b937a3bbc7f462456

I've just checked in with my London-based mates, all ok. Facebooks marked safe thing is a great invention! 

Doesn't look good for those affected in London. I wonder ...hmmm.... what background are those that committed this terrible act.

Pretty sure I have a good idea...............and people think Donald trump is the mad one.

7 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Doesn't look good for those affected in London. I wonder ...hmmm.... what background are those that committed this terrible act.

Pretty sure I have a good idea...............and people think Donald trump is the mad one.

Police describing them as "Mediterranean appearance',   so no doubt it's some lone wolf Italians ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Not many Italians are doing it for Allah!

Maybe doing it for Alitalia 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Not many Italians are doing it for Allah!

Woosh 

On ‎4‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, IronmanFoz said:

I wonder ...hmmm.... what background are those that committed this terrible act.

I should have put money on that. An easy win there!

And just like yesterdays one in Melbourne.

Religion or the greater cause or what ever these idiots (idealists) believe in is totally f%&ked. Their moral compass is so far up there backside it's not even funny.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2017 at 6:15 PM, Prince said:

I agree, there have been very few successful rescue attempts.  sad as it is two deaths is not a bad outcome in a terrorist situation.  the only other thing they could have done is waited for the sniper to get a clear shot, but its not like the movies where even the perfect shot can hit its target as it has to perfectly pierce some pretty thick glass and not deviate. 

We went to the Lindt a few months after the sad incident & I had a bit of a look about pondering options.

I'd have been looking at the logistics of getting a plain-clothed female officer with a handgun and some Kahoonas in that back door some hostages were running out, just wait for the right moment to blend in, and/or when he was weary, put the gun to Monis's head and pull the trigger.  Filth terminated, all hostages safe.

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I should have put money on that. An easy win there!

And just like yesterdays one in Melbourne.

Religion or the greater cause or what ever these idiots (idealists) believe in is totally f%&ked. Their moral compass is so far up there backside it's not even funny.

I'm forming the opinion that some of these arseholes are just angry at the world and using their 'religion' to justify their actions to go out in a blaze of glory.  Sadly, it seems Islam is the perfect vehicle for feeding that anger and taking things to an extreme conclusion.  No doubt other religions (Christian, Catholic) have been such vehicles in the past.  They have largely grown up now.  Islam still has a long way to go.

It's not the religion that's grown, but the people. The religions have always said the same thing, but the peoples interpretation of that has matured over the years. The "westernised" effect has only been within some of these middle eastern countries for a short time. It was only hundreds of years ago Christianity wasn't that fantastic (some of us think it still isn't). Hundreds of years is still not enough generations to make enough change. Prior to mass communication and global travel, many of these countries were doing the same sort of thing to themselves, as what they are doing to their new enemies.

I am not trying to excuse any of this! Just explain my thoughts on it. Even if I think it's only a handful of people doing and thinking like this, that handful is a huge amount of people, many or most willing to give up their lives for their beliefs. 

Just look at how many of them are now home grown terrorists. Face it, or country is friggin awesome compared to most yet there are people who were born here that want to tear that down. Same in England, France etc. And some of these countries take in a huge amount of people, yet some of them can't see the good in that (not us, I mean the refugee terrorists themselves).

I believe we are still many many generations away from getting any solution to the problem (if ever) that wouldn't involve just wiping them all out.

While many are still concerned here, we are blessed in that we don't have a physical connection to Europe/Asia/Middle East. 

35 minutes ago, goughy said:

It's not the religion that's grown, but the people. The religions have always said the same thing, but the peoples interpretation of that has matured over the years. The people are the religion Goughy?

The "westernised" effect has only been within some of these middle eastern countries for a short time. It was only hundreds of years ago Christianity wasn't that fantastic (some of us think it still isn't). Hundreds of years is still not enough generations to make enough change. Prior to mass communication and global travel, many of these countries were doing the same sort of thing to themselves, as what they are doing to their new enemies.  Agree.  We are dealing with some pre-historic people who are resisting being dragged into the 21st century (can't blame them on some scores, but killing people !!!!)

I am not trying to excuse any of this! Just explain my thoughts on it. Even if I think it's only a handful of people doing and thinking like this, that handful is a huge amount of people, many or most willing to give up their lives for their beliefs. 

Just look at how many of them are now home grown terrorists. Face it, or country is friggin awesome compared to most yet there are people who were born here that want to tear that down. Same in England, France etc. And some of these countries take in a huge amount of people, yet some of them can't see the good in that (not us, I mean the refugee terrorists themselves). Because they are pre-historic animals who place a pre-historic value on human life.

I believe we are still many many generations away from getting any solution to the problem (if ever) that wouldn't involve just wiping them all out. Agree.

While many are still concerned here, we are blessed in that we don't have a physical connection to Europe/Asia/Middle East. Agree - but it is only a matter of time sadly.  Had a client whose brother was with his 5yo daughter at Manly beach.  He took her to a rockpool and three thugs 'of Middle Eastern Appearance' came up and told them to get out of their rockpool or they'd bash him.  He said 'so you own this rockpool on a public beach' and they said 'yes, so f*ck off'.  He reported it to police who said 'sorry mate, nothing we can do'. Pre-historic filth who've brought their territorial pissings here.

And yeah, I know, our ancestors did exactly the same to the aboriginals.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

3 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

So re rock pool if an english person said the same thing to the middle eastern appearance and they reported it would the outcome be the same????

Most likely you would be charge of racism.  This is where itvis f@#$ed up.

15 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

So re rock pool if an english person said the same thing to the middle eastern appearance and they reported it would the outcome be the same????

Most likely you would be charge of racism.  This is where itvis f@#$ed up.

Precisely Andrew.

And I know I'm starting to sound like Niseko, but like FP, I'm a bit in column A and a bit in column B, and I'm pretty sure the biggest threat to people in our major cities is not coming from an English person anymore....other than being snow-blinded by their white legs ;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Precisely Andrew.

And I know I'm starting to sound like Niseko, but like FP, I'm a bit in column A and a bit in column B, and I'm pretty sure the biggest threat to people in our major cities is not coming from an English person anymore....other than being snow-blinded by their white legs ;)

It has nearly got to the point where a foreigner can shoot you and then just say you were racist to them and then they will get away with it.  Why are they being protected?  The one last night is 3km from me.  If you are the wrong spot your f $#/ed

Yep and us the Brits, the French, Germans, Swedish etc are all going to have to get used to more and more terrorism.

And terrorism is pretty low-down the list of problems with Islam.

Letting in so many Muslims is an immigration mistake that our countries will never fully recover from.

Google jumping the gun......

Screenshot_20170608-130505.png

When I lived in London in the 80s & 90s, the UK Bobby was joke, with his little truncheon.

Now they've got their act together.  This is how you deal with terrorists and other shitbags trying to kill innocent people (like that recent arsehole in Qld who killed a cop).  Time for our police to study and learn.  No asking them to put their weapons down and giving them time to get more shots off (like they did in Qld).

Threat eliminated in seconds.  Hope that poor bloke minding his own business that these three pieces of filth jumped on and stabbed is OK.  Just disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4582194/Video-shows-moment-London-Bridge-terrorists-shot-police.html

Mind you, would have been even better if they'd put the handbrake on their car.

6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

When I lived in London in the 80s & 90s, the UK Bobby was joke, with his little truncheon.

Now they've got their act together.  This is how you deal with terrorists and other shitbags trying to kill innocent people (like that recent arsehole in Qld who killed a cop).  Time for our police to study and learn.  No asking them to put their weapons down and giving them time to get more shots off (like they did in Qld).

Threat eliminated in seconds.  Hope that poor bloke minding his own business that these three pieces of filth jumped on and stabbed is OK.  Just disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4582194/Video-shows-moment-London-Bridge-terrorists-shot-police.html

Mind you, would have been even better if they'd put the handbrake on their car.

I have to say that living ijn the UK on and off for the last 15 years, i reckon the british police do a bloody good job.

Still coppers doing foot patrols and engaging with people in busy areas, pretty visible.  More serious looking coppers at all the plaves you'd  expect (airports, london hot spots, sportomg events etc), and seemingly abundant police for big3 events.

Plus bloody impressive that in under ten minutes from first calls bejng made in London the nutters where all dead.  And within 24 hours identified and raids carried out on properties.

Not sure what crime stats are etc, but in my time living there i felt as though they had a prettty good operation to atleast make you feel safe....

• Like 2

Can't wait to hear what twisted logic the Islamapologists employ to excuse the disgusting behaviour on show by the Saudi soccer players and fans at last nights game.

1 hour ago, A2K said:

Can't wait to hear what twisted logic the Islamapologists employ to excuse the disgusting behaviour on show by the Saudi soccer players and fans at last nights game.

They said it is not their custom to observe a minutes silence. Hell then, we should be allowed to drink and the women wear bikinis where-ever they like when we're there. That's our custom.

They said in the news this morning that they have in fact, in some circumstances, observed such silences in the past. 

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

They said it is not their custom to observe a minutes silence. Hell then, we should be allowed to drink and the women wear bikinis where-ever they like when we're there. That's our custom.

exactly. I'll be in the middle east in a couple of weeks so I'm gonna drink beer and wear my bikini and see what happens.

1 hour ago, goughy said:

They said in the news this morning that they have in fact, in some circumstances, observed such silences in the past. 

So what? They didn't do it this time. In Australia this is OUR custom so STFU and show some respect. Not you Goughy :wallbash:

• Like 1

I am a little confused. What did they do that was disrespectful. The footage I saw just showed them standing on the pitch (each alone) in there formation. I didn't see any of them running around or calling out etc. 

what is the big uproar about exactly.

Edited by IronmanFoz

25 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I am a little confused. What did they do that was disrespectful. The footage I saw just showed them standing on the pitch (each alone) in there formation. I didn't see any of them running around or calling out etc. 

Polictical correctness 

47 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Wouldn't mind a dollar for every time a drunken yob has yelled out during a minutes silence. 

On 6/6/2017 at 11:09 AM, ComfortablyNumb said:

While many are still concerned here, we are blessed in that we don't have a physical connection to Europe/Asia/Middle East. Agree - but it is only a matter of time sadly.  Had a client whose brother was with his 5yo daughter at Manly beach.  He took her to a rockpool and three thugs 'of Middle Eastern Appearance' came up and told them to get out of their rockpool or they'd bash him.  He said 'so you own this rockpool on a public beach' and they said 'yes, so f*ck off'.  He reported it to police who said 'sorry mate, nothing we can do'. Pre-historic filth who've brought their territorial pissings here.

Ok, so repeat this every weekend for a decade and you have the Cronulla riots.

• Like 2

Vision from Fox Sports shows the majority of Saudi players continued to stretch or were moving to their position on the field as the minute of silence was being observed.

Saudi football officials made it clear to the FFA that the tradition of a minute’s silence.“was not in keeping with Saudi culture”.

Clear enough or do you want me to spell it out for you?

• Like 1

Looking at all the footage and admittedly didn't watch the start of the game..... most of them appear to be standing still albeit 1 or 2 taking a few steps. Other limbering up ie: shaking legs etc. Sounds to me that most of the issue is they didn't form an arm in arm stance like the Australia which looks fantastic by the way (unity). And I notice some of the walking by the Saudi's appears to be before the 1 minute silence started.

The bigger problem was some of the yobs yelling out in the crowd. Happens at every event during 1 minute silences. I also note tonight that during the first NRL game Manly v Newcastle there was a minute silence and the MMM commentators talked right through it... is this OK? Where is the political correctness police this time. Can I expect to be bombarded by media commentary tomorrow about it?

See the problem we have is too many do gooders and political correct people in the media and this sensationalism is exactly why certain countries get attacked. Insulting the Saudi's (right or wrong) like we have done (because no doubt this will have attained global news) is the exact reason extremists use when plotting attacks.

I am certainly not sympathetic to them by any means just calling it as it is.

Also..... and its all very well for the leaders Turnbull/Shorten and others globally to shame the London attacks etc, but how about they do something about it to prevent this sort of thing occurring again.

Socceroo.jpg

Edited by IronmanFoz

8 hours ago, roxii said:

Wouldn't mind a dollar for every time a drunken yob has yelled out during a minutes silence. 

I was incredibly impressed at the Liverpool vs Sydney FC game a few weeks ago - 75,000 people and you could have heard a pin drop whilst remembering the Manchester attacks. Not a yobbo to be heard; it was very, very impressive and I felt quite proud actually.

• Like 2

And Alan Joyce getting recognised in the queen's birthday honours, in part for his contributions towards gender equality...... how's them apple's Margaret :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

And Alan Joyce getting recognised in the queen's birthday honours, in part for his contributions towards gender equality...... how's them apple's Margaret :)

She can just cuddle up to her AO & MBE and live in her past. :)

Nasty looking fire in an apartment block in London.....

No one has mentioned the 'T' word as yet, but you can bet everyone is wondering to themselves.

I wonder if lighting a fire in a high rise would have been in ISIS's manual that was downloaded 50,000 times in England? 

It certainly fits their M.O of causing maximum damage with minimal resources.

The building was renowned for being dangerous. There was an action group formed by residents that reported that this exact thing would have to happen for changes to be made. The company that manage it had a 14 story building go up a few years ago, described by firefighters as 100% alight.

Building codes & material standards are supposed to contain and prevent the vertical spread of fire in high-rise constructions, because this phenomena is such a well-known risk.

However, the use of cheap sub-standard materials and the brazen flouting of construction codes by developers, has seen an increase in these incidents around the world. It's been happening too often in China.

I know that the high-rise where I live, the body-corporate had to take the developer to court in order to get glaring deficiencies in the inter-floor fire-damping corrected, despite the fact that the original implementation was obviously illegal even to a cursory inspection.

Knowing what I do now, there are a lot of new high-rises in Sydney and Melbourne that I'd be leery about.

My wife was just saying that the outside had been renovated recently and a cladding material used that the residents feared would spread a fire just like this one has. 

So we have a shooter targeting politicians, a postal worker going postal shooting 3 and himself, and possibly a shooter at an airforce base. If only they had more guns they could stop all this.

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

So we have a shooter targeting politicians, a postal worker going postal shooting 3 and himself, and possibly a shooter at an airforce base. If only they stopped the immigrants coming in they could stop all this.

FIFY

33 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

FIFY

Something we agree on EX but doing this would be racist and politically incorrect so would never happen

26 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Something we agree on EX but doing this would be racist and politically incorrect so would never happen

Actually FB, I was having a go at Trump. The Post Office worker was possibly an immigrant, but certainly not from the Middle East, and the shooter at the baseball game targeting politicians was a retired Illinois person. 

The airforce base incident was actually a training exercise, and a false alarm.

• Like 2

Well, at least that's some good news!

On 2017-6-14 at 4:10 AM, goughy said:

Nasty looking fire in an apartment block in London.....

I live about two miles from it and the air has been thick with soot and debris still this morning. Still burning. Horrible, horrible incident. Those poor people. Scotland Yard are looking to open a Corporate Manslaughter investigation already.

I would imagine there are some shredders going into overdrive at the contractor's offices .....

Rebel Wilson win her case today against the mags. The reason I'm interested, is because the mags do write crap and print false stories week after week after week. Regardless of who stood up to them, it's just nice to see someone have a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goughy said:

Rebel Wilson win her case today against the mags. The reason I'm interested, is because the mags do write crap and print false stories week after week after week. Regardless of who stood up to them, it's just nice to see someone have a go.

How much they have to pay?

Hasn't been awarded yet, and obviously the mags will fight it.  I just see the crap they publish on the covers...... and every story is from a source "close to the couple/individual" etc, and have wondered for years why someone hasn't taken them to task. I'm not necessarily a big fan of Rebel as such; she was funny in the first pitch perfect, but otherwise she's just ok. I guess most people couldn't be bothered with what she did here, but good on her for standing up to the crap they print.