The Customer

MP3 Players for swimming - recommendations

I need to buy a few MP3 players for swimming and wondering if anyone had recommendations.

Any bad experiences? Things to avoid. Is there one you can use running also?

cheers

I have an AudioFlood which is based on the tiny square iPod (can't recall its proper name). It works really well within the confines of the simple controls. It is nano waterproofed so has no housing - you just take it straight into the water. I bought mine as a kit with waterproof earphones which are fine audibly but can be a bit tricky staying in your ear (although they come with several different sized grommets). I clip mine to the back of my goggles and you don't even know it's there.

I can also say the customer support has been excellent. http://www.audioflood.com

I have an AudioFlood which is based on the tiny square iPod (can't recall its proper name). It works really well within the confines of the simple controls. It is nano waterproofed so has no housing - you just take it straight into the water. I bought mine as a kit with waterproof earphones which are fine audibly but can be a bit tricky staying in your ear (although they come with several different sized grommets). I clip mine to the back of my goggles and you don't even know it's there.

Â

I can also say the customer support has been excellent. http://www.audioflood.com

It's the ipod shuffle. I've got one as well. Does the trick nicely.

After a couple of failed experiments (I get bored REALLY quickly when not racing) I now have a Finis Duo. Works like a DREAM. Loud enough, comfortable enough etc. I love it.

I also have the Audioflood water proof Shuffle. Being water proof you can also use it on rainy runs and rides. I have tried 4 different types of water proof headphones and none stay in my ear. If the headsphones that come with it do not work try other brands to see it they work for you.

Any advances on this in the last few years? 
Mrs likes swimming with tunes, has a cheap Chinese one that has died so I thought I’d buy her something a bit better to replace it.