goughy

Show us ya best friends (the furry, feathered, scaled whatever)

After losing our 6 year old staffyxridgeback at start of April I didn't hink I'd be ready for another dog till next year at eraliest.

This is Poppy, a staffyxsharpei that was at the RSPCA. We went and saw her and promptly adopted her. :)

7 months old, was found wandering the streets and taken to RSPCA by the police.

Poppy.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JeffS said:

After losing our 6 year old staffyxridgeback at start of April I didn't hink I'd be ready for another dog till next year at eraliest.

This is Poppy, a staffyxsharpei that was at the RSPCA. We went and saw her and promptly adopted her. :)

Poppy.jpg

She is divine! Congratulations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffS said:

Poppy.jpg

😍😍😍  

• Like 1

People always wonder how they'll move on after the passing of their best friend, and always think that it'll take a while, but I actually think adopting a new pet helps.  You're not replacing, and not moving on.  But I really think it actually helps to have that new friend to look after, and for the company.  Someone else who is totally relying on you.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, goughy said:

People always wonder how they'll move on after the passing of their best friend, and always think that it'll take a while, but I actually think adopting a new pet helps.  You're not replacing, and not moving on.  But I really think it actually helps to have that new friend to look after, and for the company.  Someone else who is totally relying on you.

This.

We lost 2 dogs within a year. They were 17 & 16. Thought we could never do it again, but Clover has been the best tonic for the loss. We'll never forget the others, and she hasn't replaced them. I think having a totally different personality has just meant that we have a new best friend, and will still always remember the previous.

My God it'll be hard when she eventually leaves us though.

• Like 1

Gorgeous TC. 

And beautiful photos. Your work?

No, these were professionally taken LOL Marta doesn't get out of bed for less than 10K per day.

Here she is belting out "Down town train" by Tom Waits...

49038008_222425418685661_3669129409228439552_o.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Haha 2

This is Muzzy.

He lives in a little long narrow pool in a steep rocky section of a stream I fly-fish in.  Most of his mates died in August in the drought.  I went there one day and there were dead Murray Cod floating everywhere as the O2 level fell too low - which must have been very low for a resilient native species like Muzzies.  Sad day, it will take years for this stream to recover to it's former glory.

Then in Feb, the creek flooded.  Why Muzzy didn't swim downstream in the high flow to a larger pool is beyond me, but he chose to stay in this hidey hole in the rock face - it is only about 7m long & 1-2m wide with a deep slot at the top end.  Can't be much food washed in there, but he is way to smart to eat my flies - just follows them, then stops & looks at me as if to say "not this dickhead again".

• Like 1

I hope you never catch him and you guys have a long and happy friendship. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

EAT HIM!!!!!!! He's mocking you.

Cut your tongue out!

How this this poor little guy survives is beyond me.  Most cod live in nice big deep holes with lots of cover & food.  Hope he breeds as has superior genetics, but unlikely in his tiny batch-pad.

Cat sitting again. She cracks me up. Looking more like Thumper

20200620_081602.jpg

• Haha 3

I saw you had posted and while waiting for the page to load (I swear I am on dial-up a lot of the time) all I was thinking was..."be the thumper pic, be the thumper pic...." Love it! LOL

• Haha 2

ungroomed standard poodle image

Ungroomed standard poodle | Poodle puppy, Poodle, Cute puppies

Apparently poodle hair will grow like ours, unendingly (well, for some of us still ;);) ) and need trimming and grooming every 4 to 6 weeks.

Labradoodle image

How To Train A Labradoodle To Sit - In 5 Easy Steps - Labradoodle Home

When working from home it's important to step away from the desk and spend time with our loved ones...! 🤔🤣🙊🤷‍♂️

20200630_162047_01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2