goughy

Show us ya best friends (the furry, feathered, scaled whatever)

Didn't wanna ruin the training thread chatting to Ex..... So thought I'd start this one.

Show us those other members of your family!

Mine is Bambi (I didn't pick her name but I'm used to it now), a 6 month old Border Collie. I just love BC's, and she's the third I've had. My wife wanted something smaller and with less hair to shed, but I insisted since I couldn't wait to take her out running (yeah, that turned out well).

Currently started obedience training with her, I had my previous two off leash proficient. If she shows an interest I might look at doing agility work with her.

Right now she just drags me everywhere we go.

f6e689a137047db36761e1be18eafcd2.jpg

d782dbefce89c57fdccf837ad5421976.jpg

de0544da4b6152243ec56199aaf24f71.jpg

She's got a broken tail which weirds us out a bit. The vet said it's either a deformity or was maybe broken at or just after birth. They suggested, since it doesn't affect or hurt her, to just leave it.

Edited by goughy
  • Like 3

Was going to show you my hairless best friend.

(wife prob won't be best pleased that those photos get public....)

Seriously though, had dogs most of my life. Dad always had a little dog (Jack Russell or terrier cross) and they were all unbelievably well behaved and well trained.

Last dog I had was a Jack Russell. Poor little bloke got bitten by a red belly black snake and I found him dead around the side of the house. He killed the snake as it was in the yard, but must have got bitten in the process.

that was a couple of years ago and I haven't got a new dog yet - when the kids get a bit bigger we'll get them one ..... looking forward to having a four legged friend to come on runs and generally annoy the wife.

Edited by TryTriB4Forty
  • Like 1

Our little baby is Clover. She's just over 6 months and developing quite a personality, as anyone who has had retrievers knows they do.
She's learnt that I'm the alpha here, my wife is just above her on the pecking order, the daughter equal and our son below her.
74d49ba872a2c13a52201339a5e39cd6.jpg
3ee34d69cab61bf73a286f88354f6332.jpg
9d8c989ff69501002ddd859cad0b823e.jpg

And if anybody wants to follow her exploits, my daughter has set her up on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/goldengirlclover/

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 3

i want to post mine..

can someone give me a quick instruction how to post a photo. i have been trying for 3 years now.

• Like 1

Edit: I've changed what I wrote to what TrevS put in to the FAQs a while back. It explains it better.

Posting Images
How do I post an image file?

When creating your post you'll notice just above the area your type you post you'll see option buttons.

Select the IMG button which will open a dialog where you can paste the address location of an image file. (web address can be from anywhere, it can be found by right clicking over an image of an existing webpage select 'properties' then copy the address)

select 'OK' and your done.

it will place the code for the image file in your post.
it will look similar to the following.
(although remove the * from whats shown below)

[img*]gif.gif Image_post.jpg 82.41KB 95 downloads

Note:
If you have an image on your own computer you will need to open an account & download it to image sharing site such as Photobucket etc. Once that is down you can gain the web URL for the location of your image.

However, if you are using Tapatalk on your phone, you can simply add the photo straight from the phone to Tapatalk.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

My 3 kelpies. Red dogs 12. Black one ( some border collie in him) 10. Brown and tan pure 2yrs ca7affb6eae5fa80354f99279da72881.jpg0759a8da4f5c1caa5f1f1796347a6f37.jpgd5f12c35bcc7bb2bfb4d75cf6459b14c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here is Felix our miniature schnauzer

0b3271f458d9c8e8314bd767b4f4d758.jpg

....and stumpy the blue tongue who has moved back into my renovated garage

6ccf02f08ebb12b3ae35bc7b357164c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Turtle,

Be careful of ticks with the echidnas. Our neighbour's dog had all the symptoms of a tick, but we couldn't find it. Another local suggested looking in the mouth and there it was. Apparently the dogs often pick them up in the mouth when they play with echidnas.

Cheers Ex. Have found a couple of small bush ticks on the them last year so have been checking regularly. Not the mouth tho! But play with echidnas? Thats as close as my 2 fraidy cats got!

Two months ago I left Hervey Bay with a few clothes, two bikes and my best mate, Buddy. I've had him for 12 years, since he was baby, and he has been a godsend for me in what has been a tough couple of months.

He has character by the bucket load and is incredibly affectionate. He also loves sharing my breakfast with me on Mum's back patio.

e7d4fb5ef9300ac7b91429ea0c8b48c8.jpg

a5fd8d32b780d5c40146f2a8565ebf5a.jpg

881254207ce6851f4b98441a62b0573a.jpg

6761e0ae8ee5e1a91f1741e2ddf8aa86.jpg

a6aaeea14bcd566ea06de5b75e284937.jpg

Sent from my PNDP51MS7BLK using Tapatalk

• Like 8

This is Sasha our Amstaff Ridgeback cross. She went missing for 5 days in November, it was a horrible 5 days but such joy when we got her back!f9011094b744b7fdbadca2a4678d7b2d.jpg

• Like 3

This is Sasha our Amstaff Ridgeback cross. She went missing for 5 days in November, it was a horrible 5 days but such joy when we got her back!f9011094b744b7fdbadca2a4678d7b2d.jpg

god, i couldn't sleep if i lost her. worth a bit go money too i would think

Edited by Prince

god, i couldn't sleep if i lost her. worth a bit go money too i would think

It was horrible, very little sleep and as I work from home mainly very little work. I spent the whole time looking for her.

She was actually a rescue. so not too much money but brings joy no money could buy!

how did you find her. yu can get this tile apps thing that now that go on the coller but you have walk with your phone around to pick up the booth signal or unless sasha can push the button and it rings on your phone.

Edited by Prince
  • Like 1

how did you find her. yu can get this tile apps thing that now that go on the coller but you have walk with your phone around to pick up the booth signal or unless sasha can push the button and it rings on your phone.

We had a big facebook campaign and put posters up all over the neighbourhood (my partner rode 40k the day after we found her taking the posters down). She was recognised from one of the posters and the family that saw her saw her go into the backyard of an empty house and called us. Luckily we were only 500 metres away (she was actually only 800 metres from home!) and rushed over and got her back. :)

• Like 2

62ec4fa3363d12a4156c4c3ad679cf4b.jpg8a20d3c36b9718b76889ee329d1aece2.jpgf95670cf1004a90b70a846db14d5957a.jpg

OK

This is Coco.

The Ex wife and I rescued her from the dogs home.

Most gentle dog I have ever come across without being a brain dead tard. She bitz of everything. Poodle, spaniel, goat, sheep and she circles the BBQ when I am cooking like a Shark....so I refer to her as the "goat sheep shark dog"[emoji1] [emoji1]

Beautiful dog. I will miss her when she goes to live at the ex's place.

Pics are of Coco being tough in my Ute, Stoic at the Beach and finally Beautiful in her peppermint and cream sweater after being freshly clipped.....LOL [emoji3] [emoji1] [emoji106]

I miss the Kelpie/Blue Heeler we had in Mackay. She was a genius.

Great thread Goughy [emoji106][emoji41]

• Like 3

We have 4 cats.... this one is my boy Tommi (we have a rally driver theme with the names). Tommi is a foster failure, I rescued him and he stayed.

2016-01-23%2016.29.48.jpg

The other 3 pretty much live in the enclosure during summer. Maddie, Ed and Jack, there is also a kitten in this pic Timo, who was one of my foster kittens for a while. Jack and Maddie are at the back (black and grey), Ed just in front (silver tabby), Timo (brown tabby) and Tommi. I assume this picture was taken in mid winter, as they have all piled in on my legs.

560262_10150876099778551_1566045497_n.jp

• Like 2

I didn't bother including our cats, as they don't acknowledge I exist unless they're hungry..... so I don't acknowledge them unless I'm hungry!

I'm hungry. We have Lilly and Pippy. Lilly has 3 legs after she didn't come home one night, and they next morning I found her hanging upside down in some barbed wire in some fence in the property behind us. Neither cat is allowed outside now which doesn't bother Pippy as she's never been outside and is a tiny little russian blue looking thing, but Lilly's mission in life is to get outside again.

Our last cat, Vinnie, was like that. He would wander up to strangers walking down the street etc for a pat. But he also grew up with a last BC, and as a kitten would sleep with her, and sit on her and claw her back etc.

Edited by goughy

As many of you will remember, I lost my little girl Daphne at the start of December to osteosarcoma. 12 and a third was a fantastic age for a Great Dane. But she left a hole that needed filling...a giant hole!!

Say hello to Rhubarb!!

Here she is at 4 weeks...

Sitting.jpg

And again at 9 weeks:

Rhubarb%208%20weeks.jpg

• Like 8

Always had dogs and generally birds which is why I don't like cats.

Currently, one shoodle (shih Tzu x poodle cross), I refer to the cross as a shit-poo or a poo-shit but the wife doesn't like that), great dog.

Hand reared birds - 1 x red tailed female black cockatoo, 1 x male eclectus (they are in love, go figure)

2 x rabbits that just won't die - seems to be a decade since the girls lost interest in them and I have been looking after them ever since.

3 x poor performing back yard chooks, showing them a KFC bucket hasn't worked like last time, might be time.

Hand reared birds - 1 x red tailed female black cockatoo, 1 x male eclectus (they are in love, go figure)

Wow didnt know you could do that with a Black cockatoo, they are awesome looking birds.

Wow didnt know you could do that with a Black cockatoo, they are awesome looking birds.

And bloody big too.

We have a lot of yellow tails around our place. Probably the most majestic bird when flying along in a group.

I better take a photo of my daughters snake. Just fed him a couple of rats. I should have got an action shot ...

• Like 1

As many of you will remember, I lost my little girl Daphne at the start of December to osteosarcoma. 12 and a third was a fantastic age for a Great Dane. But she left a hole that needed filling...a giant hole!!

Say hello to Rhubarb!!

Sitting.jpg

And again at 9 weeks:

Rhubarb%208%20weeks.jpg

is she from the pound? nice dog if she was.

Say hello to Rhubarb!!

Sitting.jpg

And again at 9 weeks:

Rhubarb%208%20weeks.jpg

Beautiful dog [emoji846][emoji106]

is she from the pound? nice dog if she was.

Nope - a breeder. My last Dane was a rescue and I was luckily able to use her to visit aged/dementia care facilities. My goal with Rhub is to complete official therapy dog training so temperament was the key - something I couldn't guarantee from a rescue.

Two walks today and still wants the ball thrown!  She's 16 months now. Obedience training is going well, and I reckon we may trial or do agility together one day. She can shake hands and hi 5, spin in both directions and not to bad at doing roll over. Might have to teach her to play dead next since she loves lying on her back for tummy rubs.

FB_IMG_1508666741861.jpg

My girl is growing up too Goughy. Not quite so well trained, but can tear a stuffed toy apart quicker than any dog I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Bambi still has the first pillow pet she got, which was when she was a pup. 

I saw this the other day and thought "This is so Clover".

...Killed another stuffed animal today... Man, it was sweet!!!  Got the squeaker out an' everything!!

She has one toy she has kept & carried around for a year. Nothing else (even the supposedly indestructible rope toy) lasts more than a day.

• Haha 1

This is Maggie. Maggie is nuts. Maggie is obsessed with chasing balls, eating (or foraging) and swimming. 

Dumb as a bucket of hammers, but I couldn’t imagine our lives without her!

1A3A320C-6DA9-4CFD-8500-63D65652297E.jpeg

• Like 1

Here we see Tilly and Bella making a very solid "please sir, I want some more" case

Go on, say no.  I dare you...

TillyBella.GIF

I could do it!

11 minutes ago, goughy said:

I could do it!

You'd have to be a cold-hearted bastard...

• Like 1

We got these a few weeks ago now, they should start laying around about the time we will be down at Busso

They are named Drumstick and Nugget and a proving quite the escape artists so far

chickens.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1