RunBrettRun

Tweed Coast Enduro

Who's in?

This is my first non ironman branded race since challenge gold coast. Heard lots of good reports so looking forward to it.

Just booked accom at Casuarina Beach.

Jeeze rbr, you need to get out more!!!

Just pulled out. Training has been non existent and didn't want to die..

You'll love the drafting in this one..

• Like 1

Road was a bit rough but it was my first race on my TT, which had a stiffer frame than my S3.

Great race though. Bloody hot run last year. Ran out of ice at one of the aid stations. A couple of little hills on the run that grow as you do your second (&third?) laps.

You get a cool bag!

A real country feel, and the volunteers at rego were great. Rocked up the night before about half an hour after it closed and they were all sitting around in a circle having a beer. They let me rego!

Swim was great. Only race I've been out of the water first! !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by Cranky
  • Like 1

Awesome community run event. Down hill swim. Contemplating going but need to back up for 6 Foot mara early march

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm back for this one, although not really ready. Honest ride, tough road surface and not as flat as people think.

As has been said, great community event, a lot like HB100. Was impressed that the finishers medal already had my name on it. Sometimes it's the little things that matter.

• Like 2

All those little things add up to one really big thing done right! Never been to a 'little' event that disappointed yet! They've all delivered.

• Like 1

All those little things add up to one really big thing done right! Â Never been to a 'little' event that disappointed yet! Â They've all delivered.

Unfortunately I havent had the same experience. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Maybe my expectations are just different than yours. The only big event I've been to that's beaten out a little event has been every time I've been to Mool OD, and that's purely because I love watching the pro's racing. The small races have an atmosphere I love. Saying that, I've never been to an IM (I mean and IM, not these pussy half things that lots of people call and IM these days).

• Like 2

Hi all. I'm doing this. Did a recon weekend last weekend with my tri club - can confirm road is still 'rough'. I've done the bike leg last year and the event is enjoyable enough. This year I'm doing the full thing.

I've just started packing -- guess I'll leave the wetsuit behind -- water temperature about 27 degrees (according to seatemperature.org )

Take it, but don't expect to use it. Silly temps can appear at races sometimes.

Anyone up to speed on the swim skin/ long sleeve race kit rules? RBR??

Permitted.

• Like 1

We are staying just 4.2km away -- on the Tweed Coast Road --- is it safe enough to ride to transition on Saturday morning.

Also we still have a spare room in the Airbnb house we booked as people pulled out last minute -- if you know of anyone looking for accomodation

We are staying just 4.2km away -- on the Tweed Coast Road --- is it safe enough to ride to transition on Saturday morning.

Also we still have a spare room in the Airbnb house we booked as people pulled out last minute -- if you know of anyone looking for accomodation

Not overly familiar with the roads mate... Can't help out with that one. I'm checking in Friday evening

Not overly familiar with the roads mate... Can't help out with that one. I'm checking in Friday evening

I have ridden down that way once and dint find it too bad but on race morning with lots of anxious triathletes trying to get to the start I've decided to rack Friday as well and drive saturday morning.

Rode down to the race start last year from a B&B along Pottsville Rd, about 2kms away. Not too bad. If you're starting early, bring a set of lights. Planning to ride to the start again this year. Leaving the car with wife and kid, so they can go about their own business and maybe catch me at the finishing, when I'm in need of some fish n chips and beer!

• Like 1

Tough day. Got my first ever flat in a race. Then my second 8k later. Had raced pretty smart to that point then blew myself away chasing. Turned the run into an ironman pacing effort rather than burying myself.

In saying that not sure how hard I could have pushed it after the two flats and the big efforts to try make some time up.

Not a bad event.

Still like ironman.

Well, I can now say that my fastest and slowest time for the 2/80/20 distance has been set on the same course! Epic day.

• Like 2

Swim was tough --'how's this --

My hubby and I are about the same for swimming - time wise -- his wave was 15mins later than mine and he did a 8 min faster swim then me ,as he was swimming less against the tide then I was.!!!

What's with the winners bike time compared to everyone else. Just had a quick look at results and unless I'm reading it wrong he has done about 30 min quicker than anyone else.

I've done all 3 enduros now and that was by far the toughest....swim was def slow but didn't feel particularly hard, wheeled the bike out of T1 and disc had a flat, dramas changing it as co2 wouldn't fit and bent valve lost all pressure and rode 90 on semi inflated wheel. Buried myself after 2 laps and didn't recover. Decided to do the run anyway and actually ran well. First time I've ever walked aid stations but with that heat there was no choice for me. Another great local event with good support and beers at the finish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know someone who got DQ as they did 3 laps not 4. The TO only did it as they were looking at the results comparing them to other bike times

I'm also glad I wore one piece short sleeved tri suit ... still got burnt on lower arms and legs ( had 2 coats of sunscreen on ) -- saw a girl in just a crop top and tri Knicks on - she must have gotten badly burnt

What's with the winners bike time compared to everyone else. Just had a quick look at results and unless I'm reading it wrong he has done about 30 min quicker than anyone else.

Looks like they did 2 laps of bike course.

I've done all 3 enduros now and that was by far the toughest....swim was def slow but didn't feel particularly hard, wheeled the bike out of T1 and disc had a flat, dramas changing it as co2 wouldn't fit and bent valve lost all pressure and rode 90 on semi inflated wheel. Buried myself after 2 laps and didn't recover. Decided to do the run anyway and actually ran well. First time I've ever walked aid stations but with that heat there was no choice for me. Another great local event with good support and beers at the finish!!

I made a rookie error nutrition wise on the bike and that pretty much ended my day. I relied on picking up sports drink from bike aid stations and they only had water. I needed to walk aid stations to make sure I remained upright and alive! The volunteers did a great job on the run. I'll chalk that one up to "character building"

• Like 1

Looks like the results doesn't include the DNF's ??

It's in the "overall results". Surprisingly, not very many

I think the men's tag team winners got DQ'd because the swimmer went off in our mates wave which was a teams but u did all the legs. It was clearly announced before entering the water. Im not the best swimmer going round but was wondering why he had put 15mtrs into me by the first turn can [emoji23] the looks on there faces at prezzos was priceless

This was my second 70.3 (first being Sunny Coast in 2015) and my first doing all three legs at Tweed (did team last year).

I thought that it was really tough - mentally and physically. Finished an hour slower than my previous 70.3 time. I'm a rubbish swimmer, and swimming essentially into the tide just wore me out. Think QSM need to drop the 'tide assisted' thing from the marketing as out of the 4 events I've done with them apparently 'tide assisted', 3 have been against the tide. I realise they cannot control/predict tides (and hell, I just need to get a lot better at swimming), but since they basically were trying to delay the start to get the tide (which didn't really happen), it results in people doing a half marathon in the hottest part of the day.

Saw a lot of people getting flats on the bike course - more than last year. Also quite a bit of people walking bits of the half (me included) but that's to be expected in what was pretty warm conditions. Thank god for that ice!!

Saying that, I do love the location and think its a great event generally. The beers at the end were divine! Unsure I'll be back for the full distance again but I'd love to keep coming - maybe for a team or for a shorter distance.

You will see tonnes of people walking in halfs, that's normal.

This was my second 70.3 (first being Sunny Coast in 2015) and my first doing all three legs at Tweed (did team last year).

I thought that it was really tough - mentally and physically. Finished an hour slower than my previous 70.3 time. I'm a rubbish swimmer, and swimming essentially into the tide just wore me out. Think QSM need to drop the 'tide assisted' thing from the marketing as out of the 4 events I've done with them apparently 'tide assisted', 3 have been against the tide. I realise they cannot control/predict tides (and hell, I just need to get a lot better at swimming), but since they basically were trying to delay the start to get the tide (which didn't really happen), it results in people doing a half marathon in the hottest part of the day.

Saw a lot of people getting flats on the bike course - more than last year. Also quite a bit of people walking bits of the half (me included) but that's to be expected in what was pretty warm conditions. Thank god for that ice!!

Saying that, I do love the location and think its a great event generally. The beers at the end were divine! Unsure I'll be back for the full distance again but I'd love to keep coming - maybe for a team or for a shorter distance.

Well they can actually predict the tides, they are merely a function of gravitational pull based on moon phase! They just need to pick the month they want to run the event and there should be at least two weekend mornings in that month that should be conducive to a 'tide assisted' swim.

Now whether the local authorities approve those dates is another thing but it should still be achievable.

Looonngg swim! Swam about 15 minutes slower than last year! Bike was windy and bumpy, dropped my bottle on the 2nd lap and had to stop to pick it up. Run was hot but plenty of shade along the course. Overall a 5:25 and 40 minutes slower than last year, a combination of the race conditions and lack of training, probably more the latter! Still love this race though, likely to be back next year - just for the race kit bag!