Go Easy

2017 Goals - What are they?

On 03/01/2017 at 10:18 PM, Bored@work said:

O.K I'll be serious this time.

More holidays, get promotion at work, & chase that sub11 IM time.

Two trips to the USA, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Melb, = ticked of the Holidays goal 

Got promoted at work 

Chased the sub 11 IM time - missed it by 6min in Texas. 

2 out of 3 isn't too bad.  

More travel in 2018 (Dubai, Spain, Italy, France & another trip to the USA) Going to chase another promotion at work. My wife also wants a new house (Only problem is we can't find one we want, been looking for 2 years now) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

I have been a good Dad. 

Missed the train every day. 

Missed the get it done.

Got your priorities right...  Big Tick!

The rest is just fluff that makes us feel good.  Yes, it's worth doing, but it has to be kept in it's right place.

PS - Training every day was always going to be tough (if not impossible) to maintain.

Love reading about your journey Sam, I hope next year is just as good if not even better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

More travel in 2018 (Dubai, Spain, Italy, France & another trip to the USA)...

Will these trips be to do events, running, triathlon etc, or just a pure holiday?

Apparently it's possible to go to places without it being for a race...  it's hard to believe I know, but they tell me it happens :lol:.

PS - Dubai is a great stop over on the way to Europe, it certainly helped us avoid the jetlag.

Agree GE about Dubai. We had three full days there last year and it was great. Would love to spend more time there. This time though when it’s a little cooler than the 45C each day we had. 

FM

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Just a holiday. I’m retired from racing. Sold all my stuff. Tried for a sub11 & failed. AP & Ironpoo’s comments hurt my feelings. 

Pffft...  AP & Ivp, what would they know about triathlon :lol:.

You could always pick a few runs, swims or rides to do just for the experience.  I believe there's a little bike race in France that's worth watching if you happen to time your holiday's right.

41 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Agree GE about Dubai. We had three full days there last year and it was great. Would love to spend more time there. This time though when it’s a little cooler than the 45C each day we had.

I live in a fairly warm part of Australia and I've never felt anything anywhere near the heat we felt in Dubai.  It was like an interval session darting from one piece of shade to the next.  Well worth it though!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 12:30 PM, -H- said:

I'm aiming to run further than I swim this year

Mission accomplished, although the swimming has been catching up in the last couple of months!  By Sunday arvo I'll have swum 500km, ridden 9,000km and run 683 (that one has been stagnant for a while).  Now I have a new goal of getting my knees sorted so I can run again, even if only 5km at a time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Apparently it's possible to go to places without it being for a race... 

Dont be ridiculous.......

:bann:

• Haha 2

On 02/01/2017 at 7:57 PM, goughy said:

To not work a single weekend this year. My wife doesn't think I can do it. I reckon I won't make it past next weekend.

The end goal of that is then the same as buggeracup and ex's, more time in particular with kids and family in general.

Yeah, failed miserably on all fronts (says the guy who's working today and tomorrow......).

I think my problem lay in my spelling comprehension.... I thought a Goal was a place you kept crims!

• Haha 3

On 02/01/2017 at 9:00 AM, wombattri said:

Would also like weight consistently below 75kg. HIM's are the focus this year - just keep trying to improve. Work wise, second year of my own consulting gig (so far so good). Keep wife and kids happy and healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me - the Hawaii 70.3 for my 40th birthday was a highlight, but the holiday afterwards with the wife and kids was even better. Results-wise PB’s were set for OD (2:14), Marathon (3:22) and 70.3 (4:46) so it was a good year for that. 

Work went well - not complaining but would like a little less of it! Got pretty sick from two overseas work trips, which threw a spanned in the works for the Noosa tri!

Kept weight to low 70kg’s for most of the year, but now the Christmas spirit has taken it back over 75kg again!

Family is great, which is the best thing. 

Edited by wombattri
  • Like 2

On 03/01/2017 at 9:39 AM, skel said:

5km in 19:59min

Less FB (having a month off) - just takes up too much time and head space (even though I only do a few sessions a day)

Get my veggie production a better (only have two small "bins" but they were suprisingly productive......until the mice moved in)

Oh yeah......and world peace

Okay......

1st 1500m race ever, 5:48min

5km PB down from 22:06 to 20:51

10km PB down to 45:51 (x2)

No injuries 😀

Had about 4 months off FB

Veggies, have fun grow a few things. Very successful with the basil. 

World peace.......yeah, well.  

🤩❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Only goals for the year were to race and train lots and have a good time.  Well I certainly did that.  15 races! Yikes, not going to add that up, then again, triathlon is my only vice so I am pretty sure I come out ahead.  

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 12:13 PM, Go Easy said:

I reckon a fair goal for me would be to average the Ironman distance (3.8/180/42) in training each week for the full year...

This meant that I needed to Swim - 197.6km;  Ride - 9,360km;  & Run - 2,195km.

I did the swim distance fairly comfortably, struggled but managed the run distance ok, but if we're talking road riding or time on the trainer I was about 9,340km short of my riding goal.  Yep, I managed to do a massive 20km ride in a Sprint Triathlon way back in February!!

I did get to clock up a few K's commuting to work on my Mountain Bike, plus did a few Off Road Tri & Multisport events, but it was a long way short of doing any decent bike training.  If I want a decent result at our Trannies Challenge IM in Cairns in 2019 then I'll need to get a few base K's on the bike done this coming year.

My other goals for 2017 were to:

Run 100 Half Marathon distance runs (21.1km) - I managed to do 80 of them.

Run 365 Laps of a Lake near our place (5.5km per lap) - I achieved a yearly total of 303 laps.

So I didn't really achieve any of my goals, but I did give them a fair shake.  At the start of the year when my son's girlfriend found out that I was going to try to average running a lap of the Lake for every day of the year, she bet me a $2.00 lottery ticket that I couldn't do one running 'backwards'...   With only one day to go, and my other goals in disarray I thought I'd give it a crack.  Run/Walking 5.5km backwards is not easy, and I'm now sporting some very painful calves, but at least I won a $2.00 lottery ticket.  Cheering!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My NYE resolution last year was to never use my phone while driving. 

Nailed it!!! I was terrible for using my phone at the stop lights. Took a while to break the habit. 

Only NY resolution that has stuck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How lucky was I. After looking through the pages I realised I had no goals for the year. 

FM

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Flanman said:

How lucky was I. After looking through the pages I realised I had no goals for the year. 

FM

I didn't post any either, just let the ones from 2016 carry over.

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 8:27 AM, Bored@work said:

My NYE resolution last year was to never use my phone while driving. 

Nailed it!!! I was terrible for using my phone at the stop lights. Took a while to break the habit. 

Only NY resolution that has stuck 

Thats awesome.  I wish everyone would put their phones in boot when driving.  So dangerous and nobody is that important to need to be on it while in car

4 hours ago, pieman said:

Thats awesome.  I wish everyone would put their phones in boot when driving.  So dangerous and nobody is that important to need to be on it while in car

Agree. 

My daughter is also 13 & will be driving soon. I don't want her copying my bad habits.

Mine starts in about 3 weeks. Her car has two glove boxes, and she's decided the top one is for her phone.

• Like 2