Sign in to follow this  
prhino

Bike build / assembly - Melbourne

I'm looking to get a bike built up from parts I've bought. Can anybody suggest a LBS in Melbourne that does this? Previously I've gone to iRide for this sort of thing, but they've closed down.

Note: the frame was

Steel frame roadie, with disc brakes. Nothing unusual. Any decent bike mechanic should be able to do a do a good job, regardless of the type of bike. It's more about whether they're willing to put a bike together, when the parts didn't come from them.

Any decent mechanic will be able to do it, you're right. Let's not forget some mechanics are far better than others at certain things.

If I was in your shoes and wanted the best possible result, I would be calling Dan at Shifterbikes. His work is second to none, and it's always a drool when there.

A little off topic but probably something I might look into in the new year. There are a few bike shops around now that are happy to work with whatever you bring to them, some will even point you in the right direction for online purchases depending on whether price or time are your main priorities.

• Like 1

A little off topic but probably something I might look into in the new year. There are a few bike shops around now that are happy to work with whatever you bring to them, some will even point you in the right direction for online purchases depending on whether price or time are your main priorities.

I think I'll try the shop that's building my wheels (they're supplying the rims, hubs, spokes, etc).

The frame is not available in Australia, so there's not much reason for any shop not to do it.