matto1

Ironpro what are your thoughts on your new canyon

He thinks they suck and is regretting his purchase.....

Of course I may be wrong and the only reason he hasn't replied yet is because nothing will get him off his Canyon?

• Like 2

I'm very happy at this point

Only one ride , and I need to dial in the possie butthe feel of the bike is amazing

First thoughts are

It's very very stiff , but the ride is so smooth and responsive it's amazing

It's very

Its very light for a TT bike and as it sits now with pedals, 404s clincher and cages it's at 7.4kgs

The Germans sure now how to engineer things

The box it came in is freaking huge

It's very plain , a bit like a stealth bomber

The brakes work very well , and while are abit fiddly to adjust once u have worked it out are very quick to adjust between wheels

It's a very cool bike

I'll post some pics later

• Like 3

I hate to say it....... but I like it. And two frame mounted cages - how revolutionary!

• Like 2

And two frame mounted cages - how revolutionary!

It also has a very cool bracket that allows you to have a bottle bolted to seatpost so it's hidden away up behind the saddle

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 2

Yes

But the other name seems to pop up quit often

Pretty sure the first time I met you someone who was racing port mac yelled that to you while running past.

Edit to say I thought you were a cop. When I learnt you mowed grass the name made no sense to me.

Edited by RunBrettRun

Pretty sure the first time I met you someone who was racing port mac yelled that to you while running past.

Edit to say I thought you were a cop. When I learnt you mowed grass the name made no sense to me.

Lol

Where do you get those toilet rolls with square holes? ;)

That's funnie

Beleive it or not but that is a cow

One for hiltz

The di2 box is hidden away behind this coverf5ba93571559489339a32ea33852f9a7.jpgf0889cbec8096361fd92287fd2ecb3a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All back together

This is the cover with the plate on the top which the aero bottle slides onto

The bike also comes with a cover with no plate to tidy it right upf4253ab75283ccf561c8ac1d7dff6285.jpgb0f06ce56c8f3fd3eeca112b033379fe.jpg27b7313e680cddd92a7d85d387049183.jpg

It also has a very cool bracket that allows you to have a bottle bolted to seatpost so it's hidden away up behind the saddle

Cheers

Ivp

Now your just trying to turn me on!

IP, your bike looks light years better than without the Tupperware box and panzer tank paint here:

kaiemd.jpg

Yes

I don't think I'll be useing all that stuff

Maybe use the rear and front bottle in a easy and fast ironman like busso or Arizona, but that would be it

• Like 1

It's funny the guy at sunny coast said you couldn't remove the bracket for that box which really put me off. Agree it looks great without it.

It's funny the guy at sunny coast said you couldn't remove the bracket for that box which really put me off. Agree it looks great without it.

Agree

I think I know more about this bike than the dudes at cAnyon OZ

Agree

I think I know more about this bike than the dudes at cAnyon OZ

They couldn't even tell me were the di2 box or battery was/is

Cheers

Ivp

One thing I'll say is great about this bike is that the Di2 is a complete set (at least I think it is?). I'm looking at various bikes at the moment and am quite disappointed to see a lot of TT bikes with Di2 but only on the aero bars. There is no sense in that at all, the major plus for electronic on a TT bike is shifting from the bull horns, especially in traffic or technical roads.

I wouldn't buy a TT bike with Di2 only to shell out another £300 to make it a full set. This is where Etap wins on build decisions IMO.

One thing I'll say is great about this bike is that the Di2 is a complete set (at least I think it is?). I'm looking at various bikes at the moment and am quite disappointed to see a lot of TT bikes with Di2 but only on the aero bars. There is no sense in that at all, the major plus for electronic on a TT bike is shifting from the bull horns, especially in traffic or technical roads.

I wouldn't buy a TT bike with Di2 only to shell out another £300 to make it a full set. This is where Etap wins on build decisions IMO.

Totally agree FP

One of the huge beifits of di2 is to have it on the hoods on the TT

Not sure why anyone would buy or build a bike without it

Cheers

Ivp

Totally agree FP

One of the huge beifits of di2 is to have it on the hoods on the TT

Not sure why anyone would buy or build a bike without it

Cheers

Ivp

I don't think anyone would on a self build but lots of complete TT bikes have it on aero only (built to a price I guess!)

39262e61243e9b0638de9a6c9165a99c.jpganother cool feature of the speedmax is this spot to carry your spares including the co2 , the air chuck and some cool

Little tyre levers that all go in a sausage thing and slides up the top tube

• Like 1

Yeah I love that idea.

It's very cool

As I hate anything extra hanging off my bike this seems like a no brainer , and doesn't add any wieght to the bike :-)

• Like 1

So that's in front of the seat post, on the top tube? Noice.

So that's in front of the seat post, on the top tube? Â Noice.

Yes in front of seat post and the sausage thing goes in the top tube from the storage hole

I'm still waiting for an etap build. Otherwise next year I might just buy one if I can get someone to buy the the wheels and groupset.
Does the behind saddle mount come with the bike? also the bento box and aero bottle?

Did they give you any discount or was it the full 10K for that?

39262e61243e9b0638de9a6c9165a99c.jpganother cool feature of the speedmax is this spot to carry your spares including the co2 , the air chuck and some cool

Little tyre levers that all go in a sausage thing and slides up the top tube

Is it space for or does it also come with spare tyre, co2, air chuck, tyre levers?

Is it space for or does it also come with spare tyre, co2, air chuck, tyre levers?

Comes set up with the stuff and sausage thing as the chuck and levers are specially made

I'm still waiting for an etap build. Otherwise next year I might just buy one if I can get someone to buy the the wheels and groupset.

Does the behind saddle mount come with the bike? also the bento box and aero bottle?

Did they give you any discount or was it the full 10K for that?Â

The saddle

Mount is extra $$ but bentonand aero bottle comes standard

You won't get any discount buying a canyon but the pricing on other "super bikes".these days Makes this thing look like a bargin

Did they give you any discount or was it the full 10K for that?

Plant X have just launched their EXO 3 with Etap for £3999

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXEXO3ETAP/planet-x-exo3-time-trial-bike-sram-red-etap-edition

• Like 1

It is a planet x. The etap in the build is £3799 and the frame is £200

• Like 2

It is a planet x. The etap in the build is £3799 and the frame is £200

Correct

I reckon they are throwing the Planet X for Nuffin if you buy the etap LOL

• Like 2