matto1

Ironpro what are your thoughts on your new canyon

On Wed Jan 25 2017 at 9:49 AM, Duncs said:

Aeroad CF SLX 8.0. Got it in all black.

Was tempted to get the tri-bike but hope I will get more general use out of the roadie.

Nice trade up from my 7 year old Giant

So, I just got the Aeroad 8.0 disc DI2. Spec'd so well for the price, still bloody expensive though.  Well, I've paid for it.  They say early June delivery. Is the delivery time generally what they say? 

Had my bike fit this morning with Nick @ Bike Fit Studio this morning, and he mentioned that he had a pro coming in after me who sees him a number of times a year.  Sure enough, a couple turned up while I was in my car and she pulled out a nice looking P5 with Enve wheels and IM stickers on it, but I couldn't work out who she was.  Then after she went in her partner pulled out what I'm guessing is her brand new Canyon TT which I'm guessing Nick was sorting out for her.  Those pics of yours look good IP, but they look so much better in real life!!

• Like 1

Actually, I think it might have been Sarah Crowley that was heading in to see him!  And her website lists her bike sponsor as "Watch this Space".....    so maybe on a Canyon for her next race?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goughy said:

Actually, I think it might have been Sarah Crowley that was heading in to see him!  And her website lists her bike sponsor as "Watch this Space".....    so maybe on a Canyon for her next race?

Good news 

great bike 

32 minutes ago, goughy said:

Good chance. I saw Nick myself not long ago and he spoke about Sarah as she's a mutual friend and he's been doing her fit for some time. I wonder if she's changing to a Canyon for Kona?

13 hours ago, A2K said:

Good chance. I saw Nick myself not long ago and he spoke about Sarah as she's a mutual friend and he's been doing her fit for some time. I wonder if she's changing to a Canyon for Kona?

Already on it.  She did school visit recently with a canyon on hand.  Cranky would have seen it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Cranky would have seen it

Yes but cranky wouldn't have known what she was looking at LOL

• Haha 1

Still overwhelmed by the joy that was spending time with me..... at least that's what I'll say while a cry myself to sleep tonight

On 16/09/2017 at 3:55 AM, ironpo said:

:lol:

9 hours ago, A2K said:

Nick Formosa

Final position tweaks for Sarah Crowley on her new Canyon post 70:3 worlds and in the lead into Kona IM. — with Cameron Watt, Sarah Crowley and Mark C Watts at Bike Fit Studio - Brisbane.

canyon.jpg

I wonder what the thinking is with both an aero and a round bottle?

Edited by FatPom

7 hours ago, FatPom said:

Mmm 

good point , maybe she uses the round one just for training and takes it off for racing 

personally I think the aero bottle thing is a load of crap 💩 

Aero bottles can be good for TTs. I'd prefer any nutrition bottle on the down tube to be clear though, that way you can mark it.

Wasn't there something years ago that showed that having any bottle on your seat tube was more aero than having nothing there?  Like something to do with the airflow around your legs etc?  Of course this just may have been a pic from her session, so who knows what or why she was using those bottles.  Maybe just wanted a drink?  Maybe the aero is about her specific nutrition and the normal is about water which she can change on the course at stations?

14 minutes ago, goughy said:

Wasn't there something years ago that showed that having any bottle on your seat tube was more aero than having nothing there?  Like something to do with the airflow around your legs etc?  Of course this just may have been a pic from her session, so who knows what or why she was using those bottles.  Maybe just wanted a drink?  Maybe the aero is about her specific nutrition and the normal is about water which she can change on the course at stations?

That's how I remember it- a round bottle on the seattube was less drag than no bottle. I don't know how they worked in relation to aero tubes. The current thinking still seems to be that filling the void near the BB is better. Seb Kienle has been riding this season with a custom 'toolbox' down at the BB around/under the aero bottle

P4 had that ie Bottom Bracket fill in bottle.  UCI banned it but Tri's we're allowed  

I haven't seen the bottle is better on down or seat tube. Would love to see the testing on that. 

It was something done by Hed if I remember, and I'm sure it was mentioned here in some thread. I only remember it because it was an interesting finding at the time. But in aero/wind tunnel testing they found that you produced slightly less drag with a bottle on your seat tube (not down tube) than if you didn't have one. I think they also found you are more aero when pedaling than when free wheeling.

All this is going OT of course...

10 hours ago, FatPom said:

Bike fits can be very thirsty work.

On 16/09/2017 at 9:56 AM, Fitness Buddy said:

Already on it.  She did school visit recently with a canyon on hand.  Cranky would have seen it

Yes

On 16/09/2017 at 12:55 PM, ironpo said:

Sure I do.  It was a really nice looking black bike!  😂

2017-09-18 11.48.52.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, FatPom said:

Maybe just looking after two sponsors while doing social media??? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roxii said:

Maybe just looking after two sponsors while doing social media??? 

I reckon something along these lines also. 

Are the lower bikes in the range electronic compatible or do you need to buy a DI2 specific version? I am considering getting the cheapest 105 version and putting my di2 on it but wanting to know if this is possible or not...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pieman said:

Are the lower bikes in the range electronic compatible or do you need to buy a DI2 specific version? I am considering getting the cheapest 105 version and putting my di2 on it but wanting to know if this is possible or not...

Just shoot canyon oz an email or do the chat thing on the website

1 hour ago, ironpo said:

Just shoot canyon oz an email or do the chat thing on the website

I thought you'd said they were shite.. 😂