prizna

What training did you do today?

6 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

90min Zwift 447m

You either climbed very slowly or did a flat loop first. (I'm guessing the latter B))

Block session today. 6km in the dam this morning. Same course as Sunday, but 4 minutes quicker (That won't help my strava placing). Then home for a 30min walk with the dog. I'll swear she puts more strain on my shoulder & arm than swimming 6km does.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, FatPom said:

You either climbed very slowly or did a flat loop first. (I'm guessing the latter B))

Went out hard and blew at 35min :lol:

Did the road to ruins loop then headed off towards the Epic KOM. I climb pretty easy. On the aero bars as an aerobic TT effort. Easier I find to keep a steady output uphill. Ah la Wiggins. Except any "brown paper bag" delivered to me should have Maccas in it :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, monkie said:

2.7km in the pool this morning with 1km of kickboard (GREAT for the leaderboard, not so great for the pace) then a Mongetti Fartlek this evening after eating three donuts. FTP test in the morning at the start of a TR block.

I'm way over due for an FTP test but I'm scared of the torture! 

What's a Mongetti Fartlek?

10 hours ago, Go Easy said:

We are only eight days into 2018 and that was my 4th Half Marathon run for the year...  I'm really enjoying my running at the moment!

That's awesome! 

20 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Went out hard and blew at 35min :lol:

Did the road to ruins loop then headed off towards the Epic KOM. I climb pretty easy. On the aero bars as an aerobic TT effort. Easier I find to keep a steady output uphill. Ah la Wiggins. Except any "brown paper bag" delivered to me should have Maccas in it :lol:

:lol:  been there, done that!

I have my P3 in the trainer, so I do as much as I can in aero. I also elect to have a TT bike in Zwift, so it's heavier and you get no drafting benefit. Eggs against the wall and all that. :wallbash:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

2x90sec, 4x60sec, 4x30sec, 4x15sec with a slower tempo recovery of the same time between each repetition. The session takes 20mins in total.  You can pace the efforts as you wish.  Recovery segments are slightly slower, ie not a jog.  You should try and maintain the same pace for entire set.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cranky said:

I'm way over due for an FTP test but I'm scared of the torture! 

FTP went well... somehow scored 3W higher than pre-honeymoon test so looks like all the wine and cheese didn't do too much harm! Needed a bucket afterwards though especially given how humid it is here.

Mongetti Fartlek is an intervals workout I like: 10min warm up then 2 x 90s as hard as you can with 90s good recovery (i.e. not collapsing), 4 x 60s as hard as you can with recovery, 4 x 30s the same and then 4 x 15s the same then 10 mins warm down.

If you go at it properly it gets the job done in 40 mins. Not recommended too soon after eating :whip:

Just noticed Cat Lady beat me to it!

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1

35 min easy run at lunch and a 30 min Zwift London Loop. Been happy on Zwift the last two days. Yesterday I got a 30day PB on Epic Climb and today I got a 30 day PB on Box Hill and London Loop and had and increased my Zwift FTP to 238 :D

Bloody knackered now:sleep1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monkie said:

Mongetti Fartlek is an intervals workout I like: 10min warm up then 2 x 90s as hard as you can with 90s good recovery (i.e. not collapsing), 4 x 60s as hard as you can with recovery, 4 x 30s the same and then 4 x 15s the same then 10 mins warm down.

I wonder how that would go OW swimming? Might try it on the weekend.

• Like 2

Nil 

Resisting digging the fatigue hole any deeper before the weekend. 

Just now, FFF1077 said:

Nil 

Quality recovery is the sign of a pro mate. :D

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

Quality recovery is the sign of a pro mate. :D

Yeah. 

I have the cash flow of a seasoned second tier Triathlon pro too..... LOL :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, FFF1077 said:

Yeah. 

I have the cash flow of a seasoned second tier Triathlon pro too..... LOL :lol:

Last year my contract was due to end Sept 20th but IM Wales was Sept 10th. So I ended the contract a month early to concentrate on the race prep. Told all my mates I was now a professional triathlete, less talent but similar income.:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Nil 

Good for you

12 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Ok that is by far the most painful surgery I've ever had :unsure: In a world of hurt. 

Not good

Get into the drugs! 

3 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Ok that is by far the most painful surgery I've ever had :unsure: In a world of hurt. 

Is your shoulder feel like is burning? Thats what mine felt like for first 48 hours.  In reference to pain killers i did not take any except for 2 panadol that night.  They kept telling me to take endone but i said no.  My pop used that for his cancer and he says it is a bit addictive.  So i just accepted that it was going to be a bit ugly for a few days.  In hindsight I probably should of taken them.  

29 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Is your shoulder feel like is burning? Thats what mine felt like for first 48 hours.  In reference to pain killers i did not take any except for 2 panadol that night.  They kept telling me to take endone but i said no.  My pop used that for his cancer and he says it is a bit addictive.  So i just accepted that it was going to be a bit ugly for a few days.  In hindsight I probably should of taken them.  

Don't regret it Andrew, had Endone and Morphine alot with Kidney stones last year, really did not like the come down from them.  Found mentally it really drained me and I wasn't thinking with the same clarity for a few days after.  Second time I had them I used them very sparingly, after the initial stage only took around a quarter of the amount being offered to do the withdrawal before my release

4 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Don't regret it Andrew, had Endone and Morphine alot with Kidney stones last year, really did not like the come down from them.  Found mentally it really drained me and I wasn't thinking with the same clarity for a few days after.  Second time I had them I used them very sparingly, after the initial stage only took around a quarter of the amount being offered to do the withdrawal before my release

Not burning Andrew but the most deep intense ache I've ever felt. But all the medicos and nurses said shoulder surgery is very painful due to all the muscle they cut through and peel back.  I'm on panadol as first line painkiller, Targin a type of slow release Endone, and Endone if it gets unbearable.  I'm happy to take them even though they make me feel dozey. Been trying to do a little work and struggling big time!

Before & after pics.  Feels like it will be a rough few weeks sleep-wise.

Also icing which helps and physio has given me some exercises to do but damn they hurt esp the arm over head one.

ShoulderXray2.jpeg.jpeg

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

75 mins on Zwift exploring the Surrey Hills including 6 x5 min at 110%. 

Spent first 20 mins of ride chasing an annoying  squeak on bike before realising it was birds chirping in my countryside location.... 😆

• Haha 2

I did an interval session on the corso this morning - sooo much more enjoyable with a group compared to solo -  harder as well as it keeps you honest 😂 Only problem was I just HAD to join them for coffee after rather than running off the bike.   Cost me tho with Cranky pipping me on the morning strava board 😂😬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

I did an interval session on the corso this morning - sooo much more enjoyable with a group compared to solo -  harder as well as it keeps you honest 😂 Only problem was I just HAD to join them for coffee after rather than running off the bike.   Cost me tho with Cranky pipping me on the morning strava board 😂😬

Probabl more race specific riding I  groups also... 😂

• Haha 1

My fast pace session this morning.  Was 11x800 with 45sec rest.  The reason 11 as once i couldnt hit target time i stopped.  Note the first few were a bit quick

35 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

My fast pace session this morning.  Was 11x800 with 45sec rest.  The reason 11 as once i couldnt hit target time i stopped.  Note the first few were a bit quick

I did 10 x 400 last week. Farking so boring and hurt. 

Points to you for doing 800's.