prizna

What training did you do today?

10 hours ago, pieman said:

90 min trainer road workout.

(I need to pay more attention to the workout description instead of thinking a flattish power chart means easy..)

Just spent 90 mins constantly between 12 and 30w below ftp..  dead legs

Yes I have fallen into that trap 

I just did a F45 circuit class for the first time. It was something different & a quick 45min work out.  

I enjoyed it & will probably head back & do a few more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I just did a F45 circuit class for the first time. It was something different & a quick 45min work out.  

Well done.  Great to see using different avenue.  

Love the actual concept but the execution of these sessions are not great.  There is nothing functional about doing something fast but with poor movement patterns.  The biggest problem the trainers cannot teach proper technique as it will interupt the class format.  Hard generally is not better.  Better is better.

But still good on you for having a go and enjoying it.   

*My intention here is to educate not bag.  

• Like 2

25km (1:45) - 30 degress.  Man i felt in control of the whole run.  Nothing better then the body when running feels easy. Daily mobility work and hip focussed strength work does wonders for holding it together. 

Core strength circuit post run.  

- Plank with hip extension 2x1min

- Side Plank with knee drive hold 2x30sec each

- Dead Bug with Reach. 1min

- 20 Runners SL Squat

- 30sec Lateral Band Walk each way

- 20 Mini Band Squats for mobility.  

Rode this afternoon as well.  60km temps hit 42 degrees.  Good that i coped well.  Took easy though

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Well done.  Great to see using different avenue.  

Love the actual concept but the execution of these sessions are not great.  There is nothing functional about doing something fast but with poor movement patterns.  The biggest problem the trainers cannot teach proper technique as it will interupt the class format.  Hard generally is not better.  Better is better.

But still good on you for having a go and enjoying it.   

Yep totally agree. I only grabbed the two week trial & I thought the same thing. I'm not racing anymore & it's 42 degrees in Radelaide today. So I got up early & did the 6:30 class. 

When in Ironman training I see a strength & conditioning coach. 1 hr per week, one on one. He concentrated on functional form and corrected in balances with in my body. My right side was a lot stronger than the left, tightness, lack of flexibility etc. I'm confident it was one of the factors that helped me get from a 4:54 marathon time down to a 4:02 over the last two years. 

I'll probably give park run ago next week with my daughter. She's gotten into fitness lately (I didn't push her & I'm still not sure what motivated her) but I'm enjoying spending the time with her. For christmas this year she asked for a yoga matt, ball & stretching cords. She watches youtube & does all the stretches etc. We are also going to start doing yoga together. 

49 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

All good, your posts are always trying to educate and help people rather than bag them. Other people can't seem to grip this concept & use this site to promote themselves & belittle others. I like the way you post and stand by your comments. Thanks for contributing the forum.

• Like 4

28km ride for me. Love where I live and the close proximity to the beach... but... no matter which direction I head (except north) there are badass hills. 

What doesn’t kill me ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

1F53DAC6-A5FF-4833-BAF9-F486A8DD1BC4.jpeg

Park run plus 10 min wu and 10 wd (5 sec slower overall than my pb) :(

30 mins strength

Screenshot_2018-01-06-10-11-34.png

Screenshot_2018-01-06-08-20-37.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Park run plus 10 min wu and 10 wd (5 sec slower overall than my pb) :(

After a full week's training and in the summer heat? Winter will take 30 secs off that with no more effort I reckon

• Like 1

1:10 Trainer Road. 

Steps to FTP 

Only the last one at 227 for 12min was solid. Rest felt totally doable ☺️☺️

15 minutes ago, Tyno said:

What's with the 500m laps cranky?

Short legs.... LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

After a full week's training and in the summer heat? Winter will take 30 secs off that with no more effort I reckon

I'm going to answer with the following information, because I know you all think I don't look into stuff enough...

The PB I'm chasing was only on 11/11/17.

Last time 21:49 (4:23 pace)
Today 21:54 (4:24 pace)

Last time, temp was 19 degrees according to Garmin, today it was 25 degrees (not too much of a difference).

Last time I did a 15km easy ride (38 mins) to get there. Today I did a 10 min easy jog to warm up.

Last time I was relaxed. Today I was nervous as I really wanted to beat my time.

Last time, in the 7 days leading up, I had done 1:25 swimming, 3:10 hrs biking, 3:20 running [~8hrs] (which included Noosa Tri).
This time, in the 7 days leading up, I have done 3:10 swimming, 4:20 biking, 3:30 running. [11hrs]

Last time my ave HR was 175, Max HR 184
Today my ave HR was 177, Max HR 187
Training Peaks told me I reached a new HR Threshold (of 169 bpm)

Today, same shoes, different hair style :P

7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

What's with the 500m laps cranky?

That was more mental. 1km is a long way when you're hurting. So I decided to give the 500m laps a go. It's good for the brain. Sure there are more of them, but they come around quicker. I think it helped.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Yep, definitely the hairstyle! :lol:.

One second per km is stuff all difference and that could just depend on how you feel on the day.  Based on the K's you'd done in the lead up week today's effort was a much better run.  Like I said on FB just run faster, not necessarily harder.

Was it a dead flat course today?

• Like 1

^^^ What he said. A better run. 

And 19 degrees vs 25 degrees is a huge difference in my opinion. Specially if you then add humidity into the equation...

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I'm going to answer with the following information, because I know you all think I don't look into stuff enough...

The PB I'm chasing was only on 11/11/17.

Last time, temp was 19 degrees according to Garmin, today it was 25 degrees (not too much of a difference).

Last time I did a 15km easy ride (38 mins) to get there. Today I did a 10 min easy jog to warm up.

Last time I was relaxed. Today I was nervous as I really wanted to beat my time.

Last time, in the 7 days leading up, I had done 1:25 swimming, 3:10 hrs biking, 3:20 running [~8hrs] (which included Noosa Tri).
This time, in the 7 days leading up, I have done 3:10 swimming, 4:20 biking, 3:30 running. [11hrs]

Last time my ave HR was 175, Max HR 184
Today my ave HR was 177, Max HR 187
Training Peaks told me I reached a new HR Threshold (of 169 bpm)

That was more mental. 1km is a long way when you're hurting. So I decided to give the 500m laps a go. It's good for the brain. Sure there are more of them, but they come around quicker. I think it helped.

You think about it too much. Just run hard.

• Like 4

90min trainer + 6k run. sweat a tonne! Officially D-E-A-D!

14k run 2moz. Wanna get it done early, supposed to be 40 in Syd!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

What you need is the Superfast Tunnel Ball style turn at the end of the course. :D 

24 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yes 

Exactly 

Be in the moment. 

Run hard enough that all you have in your mind is "AIR, GET MORE AIR IN" and "RELAX AND FLOW" 

That's what I thought during my best 10km. Which was 46min on rolling terrain in 28 degrees after a 9hr training week. 

Definitely do not get down on yourself. You're awesome. You're human. 

Go again another time 😊😊✌️

2 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Was it a dead flat course today?

Yes.  I was dead and the run was flat. ;)

(Same course both times - no hills)

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

^^^ What he said. A better run. 

And 19 degrees vs 25 degrees is a huge difference in my opinion. Specially if you then add humidity into the equation...

Ah. Didn't think of that.  My Garmin doesn't tell me humidity. 

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

You always say that

1 hour ago, Suburban Kid said:

90min trainer + 6k run. sweat a tonne! Officially D-E-A-D!

Nice!  I'm waking early tomorrow to get my brick done before it gets too hot. Alarm set for 4:30am ON A SUNDAY!  This is madness! !

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

What you need is the Superfast Tunnel Ball style turn at the end of the course. :D 

Yes!  You're right.  Thank you.  I'll practice that! !

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Run hard enough that all you have in your mind is "AIR, Go again another time 😊😊✌️

Thanks FFF. Looking forward to the next one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Suburban Kid said:

21 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Nice!  I'm waking early tomorrow to get my brick done before it gets too hot. Alarm set for 4:30am ON A SUNDAY!  This is madness! !

Meh. 45 here. 

Still 43 at 830pm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours on the turbo... starting to embrace Trainer Road for even the longer stuff. For four hours I got a lot more out of it than I would have on the road + I didn't run the risk of getting burned or hit by a car... It is, however, dull.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, monkie said:

4 hours on the turbo... starting to embrace Trainer Road for even the longer stuff. For four hours I got a lot more out of it than I would have on the road + I didn't run the risk of getting burned or hit by a car... It is, however, dull.

I think it's a great idea for all of those reasons. It's also good mental training.

• Like 1