Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Flanman said:

That’s what life’s about Kieran. One of the best feelings when your kids enjoy and gain confidence. Remember, we need a race report from her when done or it didn’t happen. 

FM

She better also have a strava account - not on Strava, it didn't happen...

Got up, got dressed for a ride, went out and it just started raining, so went back to bed for an hour (still in my gear).  Eventually got up and did the dreaded FTP test that I've been avoiding for about 16 months.  OMG that is horrible.  horrible horrible horrible.   I hate indoor training.  It's done and no need to do it again for a very very long time.  Thank fk for that!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she gets a Strava account, she will no doubt get on the trannies group and pester you all to follow her.

Thanks FM, its fantastic to see her having a go, Shes not really that  athletic team sport kid as she loves her gymnastics and dancing, although we have tried netball, touch footy, cricket, she just doesn't care about it, she prefers to do cart wheels in the field instead, so when she said in Cairns this year she wanted to do Ironkids we signed her up, borrowed a friends bike and she loved every minute of it.  Im pretty excited she wants to go round again.

Ill tell her tonight that a race report for Vietnam is being requested - She will love doing that.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, Go Easy said:

Dusted the bike off, pumped up the tyres (the ones that I put on the bike 5 years ago) and headed out for my first training ride in about 10 months.  I figured that I'd do a 30km Time Trial so that I've got a benchmark that I can hopefully improve upon.  Managed to average just under 30kph (1:01:16) so am pretty happy with that.

Just did my second ride...  Another 30km Time Trial and averaged just over 30kph (57:38).  Stayed more aero for longer this ride and probably paced it a bit better.  It might have also been slightly wind assisted, but I'm claiming it anyway.

Have also had a couple of runs and swims so it's a good start to the year.  Pity I've got to go back to work next week.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cooling down on trainer after 90min bike with 3K run off bike (10:02)

No music other the tapping of my feet.  

Focus on being relaxed quiet upper body.  Staying tall through hip, cadence and enjoying it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Just did my second ride...  Another 30km Time Trial and averaged just over 30kph (57:38).  Stayed more aero for longer this ride and probably paced it a bit better.  It might have also been slightly wind assisted, but I'm claiming it anyway.

Have also had a couple of runs and swims so it's a good start to the year.  Pity I've got to go back to work next week.

 

Good job

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Eventually got up and did the dreaded FTP test that I've been avoiding for about 16 months.  OMG that is horrible.  horrible horrible horrible.   I hate indoor training.  It's done and no need to do it again for a very very long time.  Thank fk for that!

How does the FTP test work, is it simple to explain and do?

Do I need any special gear?  I've got an old Aldi Windtrainer in the shed that I can pull out and set up again, but I haven't got any recoding gadgets on it though.  On second thoughts, do I really want to go back to doing stuff on the Windtrainer... It's been a while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't do it GE, it'll demotivate you and you're on a roll - Much better to do stuff outside

And yes, you need a power meter on your bike, some sort of gadget to read it (headset or watch) and a masochistic personality.  Oh, and some people need a bucket...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, fair enough, I'll take your advice on this one... It's probably the answer I wanted anyway.

Turts loaned me a Power Meter a couple of years ago.  I couldn't get into it at all, too much like hard work! :lol:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Just cooling down on trainer after 90min bike with 3K run off bike (10:02)

No music other the tapping of my feet.  

Focus on being relaxed quiet upper body.  Staying tall through hip, cadence and enjoying it

When are you racing FB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're me, then that's never! Granted I haven't started paying any of it yet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goughy said:

If you're me, then that's never! Granted I haven't started paying any of it yet....

If i dont pay it someone does.  Never put that on a family member

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

If i dont pay it someone does.  Never put that on a family member

No. They can take what is still owing from your estate. If your estate doesn't cover it, the rest is wiped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KieranR said:

If she gets a Strava account, she will no doubt get on the trannies group and pester you all to follow her.

Thanks FM, its fantastic to see her having a go, Shes not really that  athletic team sport kid as she loves her gymnastics and dancing, although we have tried netball, touch footy, cricket, she just doesn't care about it, she prefers to do cart wheels in the field instead, so when she said in Cairns this year she wanted to do Ironkids we signed her up, borrowed a friends bike and she loved every minute of it.  Im pretty excited she wants to go round again.

Ill tell her tonight that a race report for Vietnam is being requested - She will love doing that.

Nice one Kieran.  I have Flipper entered into 'Taff Kids' at this year's LCW, it's only a 300 mtr run in the edge of the surf for the under 5s but I can't wait to see her give it a go.

No training today for me, at home Not well :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2100m

First 3 x 200 paddles and bouy 

Then the rest just bouy. 

Mixture of 100's and 200's and a 500.

 

High level life stress last 24hrs, 2hrs sleep last night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

2100m

First 3 x 200 paddles and bouy 

Then the rest just bouy. 

Mixture of 100's and 200's and a 500.

 

High level life stress last 24hrs, 2hrs sleep last night. 

Get some sleep buddy, hope all ok

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10km easy run tonight! Really hot here- shouldn’t be surprised being that I’m in the nh west! It just feels hotter this year!

Az rode 9km on her bike beside me acting as my mobile water station

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12km run

Warm up for 1km @6:20/km

Run 10km in 53min on rolling terrain, not pushing the effort just relaxing. 

Cool down for 1km @6:15/km

 

Great fun. Really genuinely enjoyed it. Yay. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another walk - who'd have thunk it.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BogFrog said:

She better also have a strava account - not on Strava, it didn't happen...

 

Well shes got a strava and wants Trannies folk to follow her! she logged her first ride last night, a smidge under 9k in pretty feral heat and flies, followed by a leg massage from her mother, me and her brother, no one got away without giving her legs some care :)

If you want to follow her strava and give out some encouragement to a kid having a crack search for Azra Charlotte on Strava

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out for an easy run this morning to test out my niggle.  So far so good.  Fingers crossed I can start ramping back to full training next week.  

Swim this evening, but no idea what set to do - should be a hard set.  Suggestions welcome :-)  Currently converting from a salt water pool to a fresh chlorine pool so the times will be slower and I'll be heavier in the water.   My next race is in a "fresh" water lake, so better get used to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5km again this morning.

3 x 1.67km loops. I did each half loop faster than the one before. The last was an effort, but felt good to get out of the water after it.

 

Edit to add: Another 1.67km loop this afternoon with my brother. Felt good on the way out & did 13:30. Waited nearly 2 minutes, then headed back even quicker, till I swam into someone about halfway back. I think I'm going to have to keep going early when there's no-one else there.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KieranR said:

 

If you want to follow her strava and give out some encouragement to a kid having a crack search for Azra Charlotte on Strava

Requested 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90 min trainer road workout.

 

(I need to pay more attention to the workout description instead of thinking a flattish power chart means easy..)

 

Just spent 90 mins constantly between 12 and 30w below ftp..  dead legs

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×