prizna

What training did you do today?

35 min lunchime trail run, approx 7kms.  Plus we had a free lunch at work, does it get any better? :D

• Like 1

Slept in between coughing fits.  Great to be back into it today! 

3.6km in the pool

1hr on the trainer

Screenshot_2017-12-06-06-22-08.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Slept in between coughing fits.  Great to be back into it today! 

3.6km in the pool

1hr on the trainer

Screenshot_2017-12-06-06-22-08.png

What are those metrics from? 

3 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

What are those metrics from? 

Garmin connect (I wear my 920XT 24/7)

• Like 1

Looks better when you click the movement button...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Slept in between coughing fits.

3.6km in the pool

1hr on the trainer

You're crook and you still got all this done before I even got out of bed.

I'm always amazed at the dedication of so many people on this thread who do this stuff early in the mornings, especially with work and family commitments etc.  You all really do deserve the results and improvements you get from training.  I wish I was this motivated or dedicated, as I usually just try and squeeze a bit of training in during the day whenever I get a chance or sometimes after work but it often doesn't go to plan and I don't get anything done.  The lack of consistency is killing me at the moment and my results are suffering big time.  I do wish I could be more like you guys, maybe I need some bigger goals.

• Like 2

One of our clients had to stop wearing his watch 24/7 because it kept telling him he was sleeping poorly and he was getting anxious because he felt he was sleeping well!  Took it off, and anxiety disappeared - sometimes we get obsessed with numbers and forget to just let it be. :wink1: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

One of our clients had to stop wearing his watch 24/7 because it kept telling him he was sleeping poorly and he was getting anxious because he felt he was sleeping well!  Took it off, and anxiety disappeared - sometimes we get obsessed with numbers and forget to just let it be. :wink1: 

I can't stand the obsession with numbers. People checking their watches at the end of every lap at the pool or continually glancing while running. Just train!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Go Easy said:

I'm always amazed at the dedication of so many people on this thread who do this stuff early in the mornings, especially with work and family commitments etc.  You all really do deserve the results and improvements you get from training.  I wish I was this motivated or dedicated, as I usually just try and squeeze a bit of training in during the day whenever I get a chance or sometimes after work but it often doesn't go to plan and I don't get anything done.  The lack of consistency is killing me at the moment and my results are suffering big time.  I do wish I could be more like you guys, maybe I need some bigger goals.

I hope the 'dedication' doesnt come back and bite her... not knowing what is wrong with her, but havent we all heard the stories of athletes training through sickness ending up with heart issues... Cranky is making it sound like the worst thing ever having 2 days off training .. FFS... maybe it is but maybe she NEEDS it and more...

• Confused 1

6k run. Took a brief rest at the 3k turn around. Been having some neuro symptoms for the last couple of days. Was experiencing a definite loss of power in the plantarflexors. Improved a little after a rest and a stretch. Made the 3ks back without any significant increase. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AA7 said:

I can't stand the obsession with numbers. People checking their watches at the end of every lap at the pool or continually glancing while running. Just train!

I could give some lessons :)

9 hours ago, pieman said:

I hope the 'dedication' doesnt come back and bite her...

True, training while sick 'can' cause problems if you overdo it, but training while sick wasn't the point that I was trying to make...

I've always said that consistency is the key to good fitness, and the 'dedication' I was referring to was getting up early to train.  My fitness has gone downhill along with my consistency and my dedication to training.  Lately I'm finding that I just prefer to stay in bed - No dedication whatsoever!!

quick 20 min run and some strength work  (poetic licence on 'strength').  Swim tonight followed by the 'Not the Xmas meal, meal' at my local with my riding mates.

update:  The weather is completely miserable tonight and the pub was too far to walk, so I did 30kms on Zwift and had two pieces of toast and went to bed :lol:

Edited by FatPom

Without starting a new thread, what are you training for Cranky ?

FM

23 hours ago, Go Easy said:

I feel crap mentally if I don't do it. So really it's not an option not to.

21 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

I don't usually look at my sleep.  And I definitely don't have trouble sleeping! !

18 hours ago, pieman said:

I hope the 'dedication' doesnt come back and bite her... not knowing what is wrong with her, but havent we all heard the stories of athletes training through sickness ending up with heart issues... Cranky is making it sound like the worst thing ever having 2 days off training .. FFS... maybe it is but maybe she NEEDS it and more...

I only have a cold. 

Friday, Saturday it was a sore throat.
Sunday Monday it was my nose and watery eyes
Now it is a cough. Not too bad though.

VERY SLOW 90 min hilly run and a 90min wt session this morning.  Feeling great for it.  Too many people get all "poor me I'm sick". I think I recover quicker if I train through it and don't let it over take me.  So long as I rest on the one or two bad days, that's all it usually takes. Thankfully a cold is all I ever get sick with. And the last time I was too sick to train was about May last year. I remember it because it was coming up to IM Cairns where I was trying to KQ. Interesting that that cold lasted about 6 weeks. Probably because I focused on it too much! !

I think working with 30 germy children 5 days a week, and living with of my own two, has given me pretty good immunity.

• Like 2

Just now, Flanman said:

Without starting a new thread, what are you training for Cranky ?

FM

Standard Distance World Qualifiers. First one is Robina in 38 days. 😣

• Like 3

15km Basic Endurance run. 

Avg 5:57/km

6hrs sleep 

Edited by FFF1077
Left out details
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I feel crap mentally if I don't do it. So really it's not an option not to.

Yep, have been there, it definitely feels better if you do it!

18 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I don't usually look at my sleep.  And I definitely don't have trouble sleeping! !

Now there's the difference, I'm a shocking sleeper.

20 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I only have a cold. 

I 'usually' follow the standard rule...

'Neck & up, carry on but take it easy' - 'Neck & down, rest and recover'.

You just need to be very aware of your body and how you're feeling.

Like I said, I admire your dedication.  Good luck at Robina!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pool closes after tomorrow, so I thought I'd get in my mid-season 50 x 100 this morning, then do squad with the others tomorrow. I felt really good for 49 of them, sitting just over the 1:30, dropping each 5th one under, then tried to pull out a 1:25 for the last. On the last turn off the wall, BANG, both calfs cramped fully, and I had no way of kicking properly. I just had to keep going with my toes pulled up instead of extended (do you realise how hard it is to keep correct body position like that) and come in as best I could.

I'm going to miss that pool for the next few weeks. I wonder what the new manager/coach will be like?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cranky said:

Standard Distance World Qualifiers. First one is Robina in 38 days. 😣

What other races are you doing? Coffs & Mooloolaba?

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pool closes after tomorrow, so I thought I'd get in my mid-season 50 x 100 this morning, then do squad with the others tomorrow. I felt really good for 49 of them, sitting just over the 1:30, dropping each 5th one under, then tried to pull out a 1:25 for the last. On the last turn off the wall, BANG, both calfs cramped fully, and I had no way of kicking properly. I just had to keep going with my toes pulled up instead of extended (do you realise how hard it is to keep correct body position like that) and come in as best I could.

I'm going to miss that pool for the next few weeks. I wonder what the new manager/coach will be like?

maybe for your next "yard project" you can build a 25m lap pool :lol:, then you could invite your swim squad over when the pool keeps shutting down on you.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

maybe for your next "yard project" you can build a 25m lap pool :lol:, then you could invite your swim squad over when the pool keeps shutting down on you.

I suggested that 4 years ago and got a big NO! Mind you, the better half keeps looking at a 3 acre block of land down the road that has a 70m long pond. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to drop in a couple of large flat sided boulders at each end for tumble turns. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can we please change the name of this thread to:

"What training do you do this year"

I will not feel so guilty everytime I open trichat  :whistling:

• Like 1

2.1km swim in the 25m pool

avg 1:46/100m for the 2km

swam 100m cooldown @ 1:54

• Like 2