prizna

What training did you do today?

Rest day yesterday, if you count an all day LARC (army duck) trip with a few long walks and multiple hikes up a sand blow to toboggan back down as a rest day.

A bit over 3km in the pool this morning, and we are getting the first rain of the trip, so it may be another pool swim this afternoon, as it seems pretty set in.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Katz said:

100ks on the bike, down the freeway and back.

Great day for it. Good work 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Katz said:

100ks on the bike, down the freeway and back.

Next time get Stikman to spring for a taxi. :lol:

• Haha 3

Only a quick 1.5km this morning, before 7 hours on the road. Back home now and looking forward to a swim in the dam tomorrow before the forecast deluge hits later in the weekend and they close it.

Update: Too late. Up at 3:40 this morning & out there for an early start. Signs up all over the place that the dam's closed for swimming. I thought about ignoring them & getting a few km done, but then decided that sort of behaviour pisses off the officials, and could cause problems for others. I must finally be growing up. :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5k parkrun. Ran the whole way. Was beaten by most of the dogs, prams and kids, but I didn't walk at all. I'm on the way back baby! :clap:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12km, left a 5:30am.  Trying to beat the heat.......Summer has arrived in Cairns.  Currently 32 feels like 37.  :huh:

• Like 3

Just now, skel said:

12km, left a 5:30am.  Trying to beat the heat.......Summer has arrived in Cairns.  Currently 32 feels like 37.  :huh:

Yuck.

I'm in Somerset for the weekend. New park run has opened in Shepton. Quite hilly and narrow but a fun course. Forgot to stop my watch but somewhere around 22mins. Official results later.

Coffee and cake in 25mins, mmm cake.  :notworthy:

• Like 2

Park Run result:  22:02.  17/153 OA and 2/10 AG. It was about 2degC and raining, so I'll take it. B)

• Like 4

63km bike ~2hrs 

11km run Avg 5:41 

Off to the beach for a splash, no structure to it.... Just a float and a coffee afterwards. 

God bless the folks in Busso, the wind is gusty and a real prick to maintain a rhythm in. 

20171203_044634.jpg

IMG_20171203_045454_066.jpg

• Like 1

750m swim at the beach. Beautiful conditions, water was clearer than the pool! 

• Like 2

Rest day. 

Alarm went off at 2:30 as per usual but I realised how ****ing tired I was and slept through to 4.

Go get it tomorrow 

• Like 2

Only 2.5km this morning. Called it short at squad as it's my youngest's 16 birthday today & wanted to make sure I was back before he got up. 

As it turns out I could probably have gotten 10km done, then hung around for coffee before heading home. He's turning into a real bed pig these holidays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Weekly swim report - achieved the 11km goal for swimming last week.  Correcting bad habits is hard but felt I was getting there till I raced on Sunday.  What with leaking and fogged up goggles I totally forgot about the follow through till almost half way through the race.  Quick mental adjustment and started to close the gap on a few swimmers who had passed me earlier.

Aim for this week is 12km.

• Like 4

30 min strength session at lunch and 40 min Zwift this evening, raised my (est) FTP to 225 B)

• Like 2

3km this morning. Season best for 200m. I really hate that distance. It's too short to get into a rhythm, and too long to sprint flat out.

And got bad news today. The school decided not to continue on the current management lease, and called for tenders. The existing manager didn't get it, and now has 2 weeks to vacate. That means the pool closes this week, and there's no word on when it will reopen, but I can't see it happening this year. With only 70km to go for my target this year, it's bloody winterfish all over again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

50km bike this morning. 

Only 2hrs sleep again..... 

why? seriously, I cant do a 10km ride after having a few nights of less than 6 hours..

1 hour ago, pieman said:

why? seriously, I cant do a 10km ride after having a few nights of less than 6 hours..

Why no sleep? Or why ride? 

Couldn't settle and last time I looked at the clock it was 11:14pm. Then I woke up at 1:20am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and went for a ride. 

I reckon possibly that I didn't get to sleep earlier was because I didn't train yesterday, it really messes me up when I take a day off completely. 

None ... for 2 days in a row now.  I have a cold.  Diddums! Poor me. 

Back into it tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Last 2 days  of running along the Auckland waterfront.  Absolutely stunning. Normally don't run 2 days in a row, but such a stunning run.

• Like 2