prizna

What training did you do today?

97km bike. Solid aerobic pace. 3:03

3km ROTB 

20 X 100 Swim. Bouy only. 

Great weather here in Perth today. Magical. 

• Like 3

Man o man I can hardly move.  I'm been mrs consistency the last few years.  Doubt I've done less than 7-10 hours a week average.  However in the interest of trying to get my daughter back to fitness I went to a community crossfit class yesterday.  Aside from the humiliation of being out-sit upped by her - "mum you're the super fit athlete and you can't do more than 10 sit ups!!!!"  😢🤔🤔 I thought it was fairly straightforward.  Hmmm.  I can barely walk down the stairs.  My adductors are totally stuffed.  Looks like I need to incorporate more strength training.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Man o man I can hardly move.  I'm been mrs consistency the last few years.  Doubt I've done less than 7-10 hours a week average.  However in the interest of trying to get my daughter back to fitness I went to a community crossfit class yesterday.  Aside from the humiliation of being out-sit upped by her - "mum you're the super fit athlete and you can't do more than 10 sit ups!!!!"  😢🤔🤔 I thought it was fairly straightforward.  Hmmm.  I can barely walk down the stairs.  My adductors are totally stuffed.  Looks like I need to incorporate more strength training.

Are you over 40?

I am and I'm going to start some strength stuff. Can't hurt me  to be more attentive to loss of muscle mass etc. 

*I can't do sit ups either 😂😂😂😂😕

11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Are you over 40?

I am and I'm going to start some strength stuff. Can't hurt me  to be more attentive to loss of muscle mass etc. 

*I can't do sit ups either 😂😂😂😂😕

55  - but don't tell anyone 😂😂 

• Haha 2

Yesterday ran from Frankston to Stkilda on old IM Melb run course but first section started inland where run paths were to avoid the section between Frankston and mordi.  Ran 2:##

Easy spin on bike in arvo

Today easy run and DWR.  Then watch IM WC coverage till 12 then went for a ride

• Like 1

National Circuit TT Champs, 5 laps of Thruxton race course  (motor racing course with a long drag of a hill) just shy of 19kms.

Very windy but nice and dry. Felt good, had no idea of pace, managed 28.39, an improvement of 2min50 over last year. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Started a pushup challenge today.  Let's see how long I last.

4km squad session this morning. All short stuff, lots of variety, and short breaks. At the moment Goughy, I don't think I could do 1 push-up.

Did my first "race" in 13 months .  Club Duathlon 3/21/5.  uuggghhh  I have lost near 1 min a k in run pace ..  but it was better than sitting on my butt at home.  Also kinda forgot how much it hurts to wind it up and hold on ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FatPom said:

National Circuit TT Champs, 5 laps of Thruxton race course  (motor racing course with a long drag of a hill) just shy of 19kms.

Very windy but nice and dry. Felt good, had no idea of pace, managed 28.39, an improvement of 2min50 over last year. :)

Thruxton. Is the Triumph cafe racer named after the circuit?

On 08/10/2017 at 9:39 AM, Andrew #1 said:

12km run in 1:10hrs 😎

Since last Sunday’s ‘long’ run above I’ve done 3 x 45min trainerroad sessions on the kickr, 1 easy run, 2 pool swims and the Hills Tri Club Gatorade series Sprint Triathlon at the Riff yesterday afternoon. Main problem this past week has been rough guts. Must have been something that both my wife and I eat late last week as we both came down with it. Skipped one training run and had to make emergency pit stop in the race yesterday. Feel much better today though - my day off. Tomorrow morning have a 90 minute ‘sweet spot’ ergo / 30 minute brick before dawn and a 2km swim in the afternoon. That will be the last structured training for me for 2.5 weeks as I’m off to Africa on the 6 am Emirates flight on Wednesday. Hope to get in a few pool swims at hotels in Dubai and Egypt and maybe a few 20 minute runs as well as I’m away. ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Thruxton. Is the Triumph cafe racer named after the circuit?

Yes it is mate. Before I moved to Oz, I used to race 600 proddie class and Thruxton was always a good track. It's very wide, plenty of overtake spots but it's very exposed to wind . (it's near Stone Henge ).

I remember doing my first crit race there when we moved back and thinking 'geez this hill at the end didn't seem so bad at 130mph' :lol:

• Like 2

****ing nothing! 

My sleep problem is waaayyyy outta hand. 1hr continuous sleep last night. Ridiculous. 

Off to the doctor soon as possible. 

3 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

****ing nothing! 

My sleep problem is waaayyyy outta hand. 1hr continuous sleep last night. Ridiculous. 

Off to the doctor soon as possible. 

Yep. You definitely should. Did any of the mail get delivered to the right houses today?

3km this morning. Mainly just recovery after yesterday, but did a 100m TT just to make me feel better (as I knew it would be faster than my previous attempts this season). 1:22, which was 3 seconds faster. Very happy with that. Then did ikm to finish off of 25m sprint/25m breastroke. Even though it seems like you are resting during the breastroke, your lungs eventually say no more.

Off to Yamba for a couple days tomorrow. Probably going to be miserably wet down there (like here), but it'll be a nice break from work. And at least they have a pool and a beach.

34 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yep. You definitely should. Did any of the mail get delivered to the right houses today?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I always do. Regardless of my state. its a pride thing. But since I'd been awake since 1am, I went in super early(not 1am) and got out on delivery early and finished early. Had a 3hr sleep this arvo, feel "better" but the fatigue is just under the surface. Really strange feeling. 

Heading out to dinner tonight, maybe some Italian food and a glass of red will help....??  LOL:lol::wine:

On 16/10/2017 at 6:18 PM, Andrew #1 said:

Since last Sunday’s ‘long’ run above I’ve done 3 x 45min trainerroad sessions on the kickr, 1 easy run, 2 pool swims and the Hills Tri Club Gatorade series Sprint Triathlon at the Riff yesterday afternoon. Main problem this past week has been rough guts. Must have been something that both my wife and I eat late last week as we both came down with it. Skipped one training run and had to make emergency pit stop in the race yesterday. Feel much better today though - my day off. Tomorrow morning have a 90 minute ‘sweet spot’ ergo / 30 minute brick before dawn and a 2km swim in the afternoon. That will be the last structured training for me for 2.5 weeks as I’m off to Africa on the 6 am Emirates flight on Wednesday. Hope to get in a few pool swims at hotels in Dubai and Egypt and maybe a few 20 minute runs as well as I’m away. ...

Got through the first two legs - the brick session but bailed on the swim this arvo. Way too tired. Darkest Africa here I come!

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 2

Today I rode an easy 40ks and then swam 1k. I did 100m efforts with a 1 min rest in the pool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Today I rode an easy 40ks and then swam 1k. I did 100m efforts with a 1 min rest in the pool.

Good stuff Katz

• Like 1

30 min easy run along the rugged nth Devon coast. Man, running next to the sea is good for your soul.  B)

• Like 3

On 10/16/2017 at 12:48 PM, Andrew #1 said:

Don't worry about the pool in Dubai....the open water temps are dropping and there are no sharks. Plenty of places to swim if you're staying, or get a taxi to, Jumeriah.

5k run/walk (250/250) and strength rehab work. 

• Like 1