prizna

What training did you do today?

lawman    259

21 k return trek from 900m to a tad under 3000m in the Italian Dolomites.  Hard as f***. I am busted.

• Like 4

Keithh    16

Some Corso efforts on the TT bike with the crew. I used my ear warmer band thing and arm warmers today. It was chilly for Brisbane but not low single figures so didn't need the warm gloves. It would have been nice if I'd remembered my toe warmers however..

Naut    498

80km with 1,600m vert ride to work, backed up with a very short 2.8km run at lunch.

Rounding out the day with an ice cream because it was -1 degrees this morning but is sunny now.

• Like 1

-H-    605

60km easy flat ride, 6km run off the bike, 5.7km swim. Still sticking to the plan of running further than I swim, but only just. 

• Like 2

Long weekend getaway with crazy friends. Pissing rain, fishing washed out but epic fun.

Got in a 5km run in the mud and rain with the girls along the back road to Kempsey, then back to the wood fire with my new 500 partner.  He is good, we won the first round.

Upgrade2_Rotate_zpsg70b3r7j.jpg

Lodge1_zpsygezubdj.jpg

Last night our friends get a call their 22yo daughter is in Moree Hospital and they may have to intubate her :o  Thought it was an anaphalactic reaction to Burger Rings (would not be suprised - that shit'll kill you), Then they airlift her to John Hunter!  Never a dull moment.  She's good now - was a trachea infection that closed her airway.  So back to the beers & cards.

Fitness Buddy    602

Saturday                                             2 hour run in morning                       2 hour trainer ride afternoon

Sunday                                                 30min run + 60min DWR Morning   90min bike + 6x800 off the bike (2:36/2:36/2:35/2:36/2:31/2:31)    30min bike

• Like 2

Ronny    6

10km night trail run last night. 1hr 4 mins which I was happy with taking into account the mud, water and sandy sections! 

• Like 1

Clarkevitch    71

160k MS Brissie to the Bay bike ride yesterday. Geez that was tough and it hurt. But was over the moon to raise over $1K for MS.

• Like 5

Cottoneyes    752

Did Park Run on Saturday,  despite no training from Feb to start of May, am just under my pb set last year - lose another 1.30 and I'll be there.  Aiming to do it in the next 3 weeks

• Like 1

FatPom    2,216

Managed to walk, rather than crawl to the bathroom. Bit of a winB)

• Like 5

monkie    142

Finally back into a proper rhythm! Yasso 800s today, pool tomorrow, long run Saturday and then two hours on the turbo on Sunday.

God I've missed it!

Flanman    1,097

Hey Monkie, I haven't done Yassos for about 15+ years. How much and what type of benefit do you see in them ?

cheers

FM

monkie    142
1 hour ago, Flanman said:

Hey Monkie, I haven't done Yassos for about 15+ years. How much and what type of benefit do you see in them ?

cheers

FM

I'm using them as part of a plan to build up to Sydney marathon. In the past I have used Mongetti Fartleks and fancied a change. I like the specificity of the target time and pace on them... only be doing them for a couple of weeks. Started at 4x and building up to 10x for a couple of weeks before bringing it back down. The proof will be in the pudding and I'll keep an eye on my Garmin estimated VO2 max over the period and see what happens!

• Like 1

Cat Lady    288
Just now, Cat Lady said:

What is a yassos?

Not to worry - Google was my friend

beginnergirl    37

My first run today! 6min run, 3 min walk on the AlterG. 5km in 38mins. 

So happy. The Achilles feels great. :-)

• Like 6

FFF1077    142

No training for me until Monday.

Blacked out and hit my head and fitted on Thursday last week. Had scans and bloods taken everything was fine. Didn't feel strange up until then, even swam Thursday Night and ran Friday Morning...? Just ease back into it.

Good work all. Great stuff. Awesome to see the thread still ticking over!

FFF1077    142
On 2017-6-23 at 7:45 AM, Cat Lady said:

Not to worry - Google was my friend

Please explain??

FFF1077    142
On 2017-6-19 at 6:32 PM, FatPom said:

Managed to walk, rather than crawl to the bathroom. Bit of a winB)

Slowly slowly mate. Take care

MissJess    276

Yesterday: 90min indoor trainer session (5x8min threshold efforts) + parkrun

Today: 40k very easy coffee ride with the ladies, took a newbie out for her 2nd road ride, some of the others are easing back in - much laughs and chatter

• Like 2

An hour on the bike in the freezing drizzle - felt like sleet/snow.

Ran over a broken bottle the local arsehats smash on the road most weekends, thought I'd got away with it but 10mins later the rear went soft.  Dug a chunk of glass out of a decent hole with hands too cold to work right, then bunged a Slime Scab on the tube.  It would only hold about 40psi, but more or less got done what I wanted.

It was a balmy 15 deg and sunny in Glen Innes when I went cod fishing y'day.....though getting in the river in Speedos 3 times to extract snagged flies was hypothermic within 60 secs.