prizna

What training did you do today?

GSP    209

Swam, run and rode.

Beers with some fellow motorbike travellers to plan our next trip.

Considered moving back to the coast.

What did you decide Greyest?

• Like 1

GSP    209

Haha you were so drunk you struggled to put a sentence together.

Good evening. Beers went down well.

Yes, you are right. It was one of those moments when I could here myself not making sense (against not having a clue) and bailed early(ish).

Is that a regular for you (at the local in your suburb) on a Saturday night?

ironpo    2,764

Is that a regular for you (at the local in your suburb) on a Saturday night?

Peter does it every nite and most lunch times

(I thought you knew )

Lol

Rimmer    322

On a study trip to Cape Town. Ran from Sea Point to the top of Signal Hill, along the crest to Lion's Head, over to the Cable Car, then down to Camps Bay and back to the hotel.

28 degrees and beautiful. Saw a scorpion the size of a small dog, though and scared the living pi$$ out of me.

• Like 2

ironpo    2,764

On a study trip to Cape Town. Ran from Sea Point to the top of Signal Hill, along the crest to Lion's Head, over to the Cable Car, then down to Camps Bay and back to the hotel.

Did you run with a gun or have a security crew run with you?

CheersIvp

Greyman    309

What did you decide Greyest?

4 days motorbike riding in the high country in January, Tassie in October and in 2019 possibly start riding around the world. Even if we only get South America done, it's more than some people do In there entire life.

Still undecided about when the coast move will be.

You had any more kids, lol

Cranky    891

Hi Cranky, I went to do the 7am swim and left to go to Ennogera reservoir when the swim got cancelled. We did a swim to the wall and back.

I'll say hi next time. Should be there for the next session, maybe 6am this time !

I'll be at the 7am next time as I'll have the girls with me

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Two days (100km-ish) into a three day ride on the Otago Rail Trail in NZ. I'm on an e-bike to assist my dodgy knees, the Mrs is on a straight MTB. The e-bike is fab. You can set it at 0 (no motor assistance) to 5 (boost, which is like a frickin motorbike). So far I've only needed 0-2 and the knees are going pretty well.

We are staying in some tiny little one horse towns. Currently in the Waipiata Pub. This was the Mrs idea and it was a cracker. Really enjoying just riding through the NZ backcountry. These guys do tourism so well it is ridiculous.

And 12 trout caught on fly so far ranging from 6 inches to a nice 4lber despite most of the rivers being blown out due to heavy rain.

• Like 2

prizna    525

Two days (100km-ish) into a three day ride on the Otago Rail Trail in NZ. I'm on an e-bike to assist my dodgy knees, the Mrs is on a straight MTB. The e-bike is fab. You can set it at 0 (no motor assistance) to 5 (boost, which is like a frickin motorbike). So far I've only needed 0-2 and the knees are going pretty well.

We are staying in some tiny little one horse towns. Currently in the Waipiata Pub. This was the Mrs idea and it was a cracker. Really enjoying just riding through the NZ backcountry. These guys do tourism so well it is ridiculous.

And 12 trout caught on fly so far ranging from 6 inches to a nice 4lber despite most of the rivers being blown out due to heavy rain.

Sound epic!!!

The wind out here has to be experienced to be believed. First 25kms today was cross/headwind but luckily we were in 'hillier' areas and thus protected by railway cuttings.

Second 28kms we had a roaring tailwind and were holding 25-32kmh on the flats without pedaling! On this section we met two Aussie girls going the opposite way and damn they were hurting!

Ex-Hasbeen    3,802

You win

AA7    990

This ride is on my to-do list.

As well as the Alps to Ocean over there also.

Wind gusts of up to 110kmh today according to the weather station at Ranfurly Rail. No wonder the Mrs was nearly getting pushed off the track around Lauder.

Turts    1,938

The wind out here has to be experienced to be believed. First 25kms today was cross/headwind but luckily we were in 'hillier' areas and thus protected by railway cuttings.

Second 28kms we had a roaring tailwind and were holding 25-32kmh on the flats without pedaling! On this section we met two Aussie girls going the opposite way and damn they were hurting!

Lived in Dunedin for a few years and did the rail trail several times. It can get a bit blowy! But well worth it

Turts    1,938

Played duck and weave with a family of skips. Like shopping trolley left right stop start. All ended well

Edited by The Turtle

GSP    209

4 days motorbike riding in the high country in January, Tassie in October and in 2019 possibly start riding around the world. Even if we only get South America done, it's more than some people do In there entire life.

Still undecided about when the coast move will be.

You had any more kids, lol

No more Grey. Youngest is 2.31. Thats enough

GSP    209

1:40 run broken into 25min blocks with 1min rest between. Aim was hit 7km each block

What race are you training for FB?

Tyno    1,330

1.5 k swim at Enoggera. A little showery but beautiful water temp.

I did 5km run then about 500m of swimming at Enoggera.

• Like 1