prizna

What training did you do today?

5.3km swim. First morning of the westerlies today. They made the 11 degrees on the bank feel like about 5, but other than a bit of chop, the water hasn't changed yet. Quite nice for the first part, but out toward the far part of the dam the water suddenly dropped temperature as we neared the source creek. An experienced OWS reckoned it was about 15 degrees there. It wasn't too bad swimming in it, but I'd hate to be starting in that temp. It did however make the last 2km feel positively warm after we started coming back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

2.5hr Zwift 

Ouch!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

2.5hr Zwift 

Good job.  

3hrs for me but no zwift 

I was watching DVDs on shoulder rehab 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Good job.  

3hrs for me but no zwift 

I was watching DVDs on shoulder rehab 

It's funny, but I don't watch the screen too much. I concentrate on the effort and the feeling compared to the wattage. 

I used to watch and chase other riders but it's waaayyyy different having an event to prepare for. 

1:25 walk shuffle 

10.6km covered 

Shuffle was ~ 6min/km

Walks were ~ 9min/km

Avg pace for the sesh was 7:43/km

• Like 1

Hills duathlon yesterday for the +1 and I 2km/10km/1km.

Swim tonight maybe, but treatment for the dodgy hip first. Then a break from running again. Guess more Zwift time.

• Like 3

Friday - 2.5km swim (100s, on struggle street early)

Saturday - Off (bridal party duties)

Sunday - 2.5hr structured Zwift (so the neck muscles need some strengthening)

• Like 2

2.6km OWS. Steady, concentrating on form, and seeing how straight I can swim. I turned after 1300m, sighted the buoy that was 500m away, then headed off towards it. I lifted my head to sight after what I expected to be 480m (I count strokes and am getting pretty good at estimating distance), and the buoy was about 10m directly in front of me. Very happy with that.

I'd hoped to swim longer, but had an appointment at 7:50, 45 minutes away. Tomorrow will be short as well due to commitments, as will Wednesday.

That's 10 days in a row at the dam now, and hoping to stretch it out through to next week, but life is starting to get in the way of fun. :(

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

2.6km OWS. Steady, concentrating on form, and seeing how straight I can swim. I turned after 1300m, sighted the buoy that was 500m away, then headed off towards it. I lifted my head to sight after what I expected to be 480m (I count strokes and am getting pretty good at estimating distance), and the buoy was about 10m directly in front of me. Very happy with that.

I'd hoped to swim longer, but had an appointment at 7:50, 45 minutes away. Tomorrow will be short as well due to commitments, as will Wednesday.

That's 10 days in a row at the dam now, and hoping to stretch it out through to next week, but life is starting to get in the way of fun. :(

Bit chilly this morning I'd think

Just now, AA7 said:

Bit chilly this morning I'd think

Water was maybe slightly cooler than previous, but maybe not. It takes a while to cool such a large body of water. There was no wind at the beach today, which made getting in & out a lot more pleasant than yesterday.

Yesterday I changed the king sized doona cover.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hope you got a lie down and a massage after that - cause that's how I feel after doing that!  Only things worse are getting the fitted sheet on and rotating/flipping the mattress!  I require a taper before attempting those.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, goughy said:

Only things worse are getting the fitted sheet on

Folding them gets me.

4km OWS this morning. That cold at the far end has dispersed and the whole swim was a bit cooler this morning. Colder air temp as well, so the water will just be getting cooler over the next week.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Folding them gets me.

4km OWS this morning. That cold at the far end has dispersed and the whole swim was a bit cooler this morning. Colder air temp as well, so the water will just be getting cooler over the next week.

You've been saying it will get colder "next week" for a month now 😂😂

Gotta love QLD

Sleep in this morning(4:50am)

was going to do a leg flush on the bike but I was rooted yesterday. 

Easy swim later

24 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

You've been saying it will get colder "next week" for a month now 😂😂

Gotta love QLD

What can I say? We had a warm spell. :)

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

What can I say? We had a warm spell. :)

God's Country 😎🤘

**** I miss Queensland 

14 hours ago, Katz said:

Yesterday I changed the king sized doona cover.

I understand. The +1 seemed to think getting inside the doona cover and me handing him the doona was the best way. He got twisted in it and fell on the bed. :w00t1:

1.2k swim for me yesterday in the competition pool at Olympic park. 500m fins, 200m paddle and pull, 3 x 100m, 200 fins and board. I think the +1 did around 600ish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1hr ride, interrupted when I had to call the police to come get one of our locals off the road as she was wandering down the road totally NAKED and very drunk! Ahh the pilbara! Followed by a 20 minute trot

• Confused 2

50 min Zwift (AHDRL - the hump day ladies ride, which we do on a Tuesday). Starts at 7.10pm and finishes 8.10pm, but I stop at 8pm to wind down before bed (been told I need 2 hours to ensure I sleep well).

Passed out on the couch at 9.30pm :blush:

Been a hectic week at my place. Just tried to do something everyday. Been pretty consistent. 

Jogged this morning. No Strava file yet because I am at her place 😁😁😁😁😁 but I will upload it tomorrow when I get home. 

Keep plugging all! 

20 weeks to go 😎🤘 YEOW