prizna

What training did you do today?

3 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Does it really matter? (apart from to me)

duh, yeah:lol:

Most people put their times,  I was just curious. 

Edited by FatPom

2 minutes ago, FatPom said:

duh, yeah:lol:

from stalking on strava 19min 44 sec, 5.01km

1 minute ago, rory-dognz said:

holy shit, that's moving. :clapping:

15 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Feck it! Knew I shouldn't've joined! 😜

Thanks FP

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hr mountain bike race done, got 5.5 hrs in as my last lap wouldn’t have made it in time.  Anyone want a MTB, I don’t even wanna rode it home I’m that sore 😂😂😂 no crashes, a few tank slappers moments though

A1928D7E-928A-49C7-93A2-624CF4C12A75.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Feck it! Knew I shouldn't've joined! 😜

Thanks FP

Nice work BF

On 10/06/2018 at 7:05 PM, FatPom said:

Jesus. Are you ok mate?

Narly dude. NOT. glad your OK.  Hope you left a dint!

On 15/06/2018 at 7:05 AM, FFF1077 said:

Good walk/shuffle here this morning. More confident in the ankle. Yay. 

Are you running with it taped / braced? What's the actual injury. I think I was MIA when it happened

15 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Parkrun with my daughter again today. The course was changed due to flooding. Extra 200m & two hot dog turns but the kid just keeps getting faster & faster. That's a huge improvement in 2 weeks, I'm going to be in trouble soon. 

Splits 

1 km - 5:27

2km - 5:37

3km - 5:29

4km - 5:30

5km - 5:06

.2km - 5:10

So you need me to kneecap her?😁

10 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Wowzers!

First outdoor ride for a while now.  Picked a great morning for it and to be riding the deep wheels.  We only saw one other cyclist out all morning...

• Like 2

A lovely 12km,  some parts, watching the sugar cane being cut. Living the dream. 😊🏃‍♂️

• Like 3

@Cranky

I hurt my left ankle. I wear a brace at work. Rest of the time it is no brace. Slowly getting better. 

• Like 2

Last 3 day

Friday - GYM - Unilateral work.  - Treadmill - 3km @17.1km/h, 1x2km @17.5km/h 2x1km @18km/h, 2km @17.1km/h  (45sec-1min recovery)

Saturday - 20km run @5am - Afternoon Trainer Session 1hr40m plus 20min run iff bike (5.41km)

Sunday - Trainer Session 2hr30 last 30mins hard - run off bike 20mins - 5.2km - howling winds and pelting rain

• Like 2

Question FB (I'll ask - you don't have to answer of course!) You've said you don't compete anymore but get your satisfaction out of breaking goals in training and getting your own PBs. I totally understand that and how that can be just as satisfying. However... if you aren't tri-ing, why bother with runs off the bike?

7 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Question FB (I'll ask - you don't have to answer of course!) You've said you don't compete anymore but get your satisfaction out of breaking goals in training and getting your own PBs. I totally understand that and how that can be just as satisfying. However... if you aren't tri-ing, why bother with runs off the bike?

Love running off bike.  Currently at the moment due to work it is a way for me to get some more volume in while getting a bike session done as well.  

Previously my long run heaps longer but due to early start on Saturday's.  I have always tended to run well of the bike for some reason so actually enjoy going for it of the bike.  I mix up runs off the bike with intervals, straight runs, hill reps.  Also gives me some information in regards to fuelling, cadence before getting off bike, pacing off the bike.  That may help others in the future when ever the question is asked.  I can then say in my experience.  

• Like 2

50 and a bit ks on the TT today with Stikman and a few others from his club. Need to fix my bike setup as it suuuuccccckkkkkeeeddddd.........

Back to work tomorrow so not much going on for me for a couple of days.

• Like 3

Yesterday 1hr 55min on Zwift (Grand Fondo plan) and  1hr run in hr zone 2.

I'm using whatever my garmin is telling me for zone 2, (111-130), I'm assuming this is based on a max hr somewhere? Is that about ballpark range for a 34 yr old? I was able to do 8km @ 7:17min/km with ave HR at 121. My last Z2 effort was 7:32min/km over 30min. I find it really interesting paying close attention to heart rate and trying to get more efficient.

I think I read on training peaks that you could expect your Z2 workouts to be 2 min slower (I'm assuming that is per mile?). I'm getting close to 2min/km slower, so I have some way to go yet.

• Like 1

I went for a swim last night, first time back in the pool properly since Vietnam a month ago....man i felt heavy, but got through it. 1500m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

3.3km swim

1hr prescribed, 58min completed

Nice

• Like 1

Run 1 hr at Z2 with 2 x 3 minute efforts thrown in (to avoid some rain) last night.

50min zwift this morning. These structured workouts really push me on the bike. I guess I get lazy when I free ride :)

• Like 2

Couple of easy turbos and a couple of swims. Not risking any running until race day on Sunday. Managed to contract a sore throat to go along with my bung calf. :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

Couple of easy turbos and a couple of swims. Not risking any running until race day on Sunday. Managed to contract a sore throat to go along with my bung calf. :wallbash:

Chin up and keep punching mate 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xblane said:

Run 1 hr at Z2 with 2 x 3 minute efforts thrown in (to avoid some rain) last night.

50min zwift this morning. These structured workouts really push me on the bike. I guess I get lazy when I free ride :)

Yeah it's a good feature. If you can get an idea of what structure to use for the custom workouts it's rad. 

• Like 1