prizna

What training did you do today?

7 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

4km walk with 100m shuffle. 

5 degrees ffs 

That's sunscreen weather :)

• Haha 2

Nothing for me today, work was crazy and this evening I changed bar tape and chain on the TT bike.  Headed to Somerset tomorrow after work for long nutrition test on the TT bike and then pick up my new running shoes.

• Like 1

Felt like I got a bit of my swimming mojo back this morning with 2.5km in the pool and then 3 x 20 min sweet spot efforts on the turbo this evening. Tomorrow is back on the turbo for a couple of hours and then out on the bike (depending on the weather, I don't cycle in the wet / rain because I'm weak).

• Like 2

2.7km this morning. Tried 2 swim caps & it seemed to help a bit. Brain freeze didn't start as quickly, and went away after about a minute or 2. 

One thing I've really noticed is how much slower I swim when it's cold. I feel a bit uncoordinated in the water, and feel like my stroke is recovering short. Still shivering a little now, but about to start working around the yard, so should warm up quickly.

• Thanks 1

I finished my 4th nightshift this morning and last night was effing madness. 

I attempted parkrun. I ran a k and a bit then turned around and walked back to the car. I am currently eating pizza shapes and am about to go to bed for a few hours. #shiftworksucks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2.5 hours on the turbo this morning and then went on an actual OUTDOOR BICYCLE RIDE. It was quite pleasant and I love the new Paralane!

Then half an hour on the up and down trails out the back 🙂

• Like 3

Last few days

Thursday 50min run Early 13km  - Trainer Ride 80mins  in arvo plus brick run 15mins (4km)

Friday - Gym and treadmill session - 2min build (15-17.1km/h) then 2km @ 17.1km/h (3:30pace), 2x1km @18km/h (3:19) 1x1km @18.5km/h (3.14) 2x1km @18km/h) 

Saturday - 5am 90min easy run 21km,  Ride the afternoon approx 60km then 5.3km run of the bike

• Like 1

7km Run, 5km ish ride with kids to play date then 24km night mtb race with local club tonight

17CA04C2-EB77-4C2F-8FBA-B510EA5306F1.jpeg

4922AD56-9E76-4EB6-9571-904ED4EA9E11.jpeg

8FA4707E-9C9E-460C-A8B5-76FCC82BDA4F.png

872C2006-CEDB-4D62-B4F9-312B18DC2085.jpeg

0BEB3753-2DC5-4EDC-97B2-8FC9EFDD1C22.jpeg

• Like 4

3km walk. 

Super easy effort and stretching afterwards. Quads and lower back are whining already. 

3hrs on trainer again then 30min run off bike and some bonnet surfing via car coming out of driveway in front of me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

3hrs on trainer again then 30min run off bike and some bonnet surfing via car coming out of driveway in front of me.  

Jesus. Are you ok mate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Shiiiit not good. You ok?

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Jesus. Are you ok mate?

Yep all ok.  Was running saw the bumper initially then got the hands ready to absorb and fell across bonnet.  Had a few close calls before but this was a concealed driveway so no chance of seeing it.  

• Thanks 1

Hope you're OK FB & it was just you hitting it as it pulled out, and not it hitting you.

3.1km swim this morning. I've been thinking that this swimming is the only exercise I've been doing, but since getting my garmin last week I've noticed I generaly knock up around 15-16,000 steps a day. I think it's counting strokes in my swimming, but that's generally only around 3,000, so I must still be getting a bit of exercise. It's probably why when I say I'm resting, my knee pain doesn't ease up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Hope you're OK FB & it was just you hitting it as it pulled out, and not it hitting you.

3.1km swim this morning. I've been thinking that this swimming is the only exercise I've been doing, but since getting my garmin last week I've noticed I generaly knock up around 15-16,000 steps a day. I think it's counting strokes in my swimming, but that's generally only around 3,000, so I must still be getting a bit of exercise. It's probably why when I say I'm resting, my knee pain doesn't ease up.

Yeah spose you can say that but he was still moving forward after i contacted him. 

Cars really need to use their horns especially concealed driveways.  Imagine a little kid on a bike.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Yeah spose you can say that but he was still moving forward after i contacted him. 

Cars really need to use their horns especially concealed driveways.  Imagine a little kid on a bike.  

This was the conversation I had about 4 months ago when I surfed across somebody's bonnet... I was with it enough to jump and avoid (although dented it, hooray) but had to point out what could happen to an 8 year old on their scooter!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Imagine a little kid on a bike.

I always use that same argument when some-one complains that they came around a blind corner & there was a cyclist doing half their speed in the middle of the road, and they had to lock up & nearly had an accident. What if it'd been a kid getting a ball they kicked on to the street. Drivers have no understanding or the risks they take when they are inside 2 tonne of metal.

• Like 2

2 hours Z2 yesterday, pace was stuck at 6:00/km. Finished at the pool, met Mrs Monkie there and had a 45 minute swim and spa to cool down.

About to jump on the turbo for 60 mins before heading off on holiday :D

• Like 3

2km straight swim 

Paddles&Bouy

Felt unco and sooo outta touch but that will pass

great to be back in the pool

• Like 4