prizna

What training did you do today?

Can't decide. Still banged up and a bit sore from Friday's tumble and travelling back from holiday yesterday was a workout enough!

Might do the 50km base ride with my CC or just rest.  My arms are too bruised and sore for a swim.

• Sad 1

6.3k open water swim in L/S wettie, wasn't too bad in the water but so cold when I got out. Took half the day to warm up again.

• Like 2

Found my man card and did 60kms hilly road ride but very easy pace.  

Family lunch now. Technically I'm still on holiday, so the calories won't count,,,,right? :lol:

I found my "man card" too FP, and did 3.4km in the dam this morning.

Unfortunately my "man bits" didn't agree, and decided it was too cold, so went hiding for the next few hours. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hmm, not happy Jan.   My tumble on Friday has resulted in a buggered calf. Not affected by riding but can't run at all the moment. :wallbash:

• Sad 2

"Maintenance Day"  2.5k easy swim, all drills and form + 30k spin on the roadie at the Nundah track.

• Like 1

Race pace specific day. Working during the day mon, wed, fri now so these are important..

3hr windtrainer with 4x30min as 10min @ 300, 10min @ 335, 10min @ 300.. ended up with 294np for the three hours.

65min run with 15x2min @ 3.40 - 3.30/km on 1min float reco

• Like 2

1hr on the bike @ 200w before work

8km at 4:57min/km after work. Second time ever under 5min/km, and an extra 3km. Just keep hearing APs 70% mental. Pretty chuffed with that.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

4k of form, drill & kick in the pool

I'd rather kick myself in the nuts. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bike intervals yesterday and steady 45min turbo this morning. Swim tonight. Calf is easing but won't try running until next week earliest

• Like 2

I did another coached running clinic with my daughter last night.  90min session. 40 min focusing on stride technique & drills for the first 40min & then a 50min circuit of strength & conditioning stations. In teams of two one person runs two laps of the gym while the other does the exercise station. Changing stations every 5min. I swear to god my daughter slows down her running pace when I'm doing planks, those two laps take for ever!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I did another coached running clinic with my daughter last night.  90min session. 40 min focusing on stride technique & drills for the first 40min & then a 50min circuit of strength & conditioning stations. In teams of two one person runs two laps of the gym while the other does the exercise station. Changing stations every 5min. I swear to god my daughter slows down her running pace when I'm doing planks, those two laps take for ever!!!!!!!

How did it feel getting up at 4am, sorry 3am, to train after a session like that last night?

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

How did it feel getting up at 4am, sorry 3am, to train after a session like that last night?

I didn’t bother going to sleep

#tiger #blessed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50km ride with a few mates. Pretty easy pace, except for one flat out 5km TT effort. One of those days where it's just a great day to ride and have a coffee.

• Like 1

light 7K this afternoon / evening, A good friend of mine is doing ramadan, so i've decided to fast with him. No food / water from sunrise to sunset.

Interesting thing happened yesterday, I went for a run, and for the first time, I started paying close attention to my cadence, i've switched up my running technique to push my hips forward a little big, which has helped with cadence and taking smaller steps, feels so much more efficient running this way. Was sitting comfortable at a running cadence of 175

Edited by Suburban Kid

Tried a run yesterday. Had the pace way low at 5.45/km and all went well up to the 7km mark, then my foot landed on a speed bump that are down a little residential lane and within 3 steps of doing that ‘bang’ seems to have gone again. 

Seems a bit better today but I will rest it for another week.

• Sad 1