prizna

What training did you do today?

5 hours ago, FatPom said:

big fat nuffink😎

scrap that. came home and jumped on Zwift for 2hrs. Road to Sky/AdZ.  Climbed 2 mins faster than last week :)

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

After last weeks not so happy ParkRun.  Jill scheduled me to run with the kids today. I thought it was 5km tempo......

No.....a 5km run HARD session.  Small groups handicap style. 

Did 21.26min.....exactly 5km. Much better than last week and my fastest 5km this year. All the kids think this course is harder than the normal ParkRun so happier today.

Me hiding up the back and the lovely Jill Boltz counting us in...telling me to run faster than last week....lol

86DE054D-82B0-4F81-B199-654D9E1B84C8.jpeg

Edited by skel
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, skel said:

After last weeks not so happy ParkRun.  Jill scheduled me to run with the kids today. I thought it was 5km tempo......

Did 21.26min.....exactly 5km. Much better than last week and my fastest 5km this year. All the kids think this course is harder than the normal ParkRun so happier today.

Me hiding up the back and the lovely Jill Boltz counting us in...telling me to run faster than last week....lol

Skel, youre a small as those kids! No wonder you have so much fun & run fast .. youre one of them  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, skel said:

The girl in the pink shorts looks ready to throw down!

• Haha 1

Lol.  This is the ‘younger’ and newer of the groups, hence why I am in it.  The older kids and faster group regularly hit under 17min and the younger faster kids, as young as ten, regularly hit under 20. Fastest today low 16’s.  The one above, she ran her 5km pb today, same time as me.  They are super quick when we do 500’s and sessions.  I think I have a bit of an advantage on a straight hard 5km.

Jill has such a way with the kids, the repsect and joy for running they have is genuine and not forced.  Having a bad day, they really do support each other. They train five days a week, I join in one day.  One of the girls is in US on a uni sport scholarship and ran 16.10 for 5km last week......😳

Jillks fastest 10km was 31.08min.....she is a true legend and very, very humble.  It is such a privalege to be coached by her.  Closest I will ever come to being an Olympian.....just standing next to one. 🤩

• Like 5

I rode my bike. It was beautiful out. I had fun and I feel great for having gone. 

It was part celebration as I was lucky enough to coached my daughters netball side to a 6-0 victory. My daughter shot 3 goals 😎👌

Happy Days 

• Like 4

Taper week...activities have started to reduce in volume and intensity...and apparently I've become crankier.

2hr run today, thats all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

100km on the bike. Some with a mate some without. All of it with a solid Northerly. 

Waaayyyy tired now. 

**** I love riding 

• Like 1

About 4.5km swim today. Nearly all the weed gone, so had some fun doing surges & fartlek. I did a couple of random surges and some long hard sections on the way out (it's fun doing that when there's someone swimming on your feet :) ), then on the way back did

30 breaths hard / 30 easy x 3

25 hard / 25 easy x 3

20 hard /20 easy x 3

15.......10......5, really explosive on the last few.

Then an easy 100m to the finish. Absolutely stuffed at the end, but felt good later sitting down to the "Big Breakie" at a cafe, then into the cinema to see Avengers by 10am.

• Like 4

Saturday - 15 km hilly run (for 70.3) 

Sunday - 73 km ride/2 km run (for 70.3)

Sat/Sun - 2 beers each day (for the Beer Mile).

Sun - Slow cooked garlic/lemon lamb with baked veggies (for replenishment)

FM

• Like 6

1hr45 moderate Zwift with 700mtr climbing.

Might swim later, might just :wine:

• Like 1

Getting reacquainted with the old Turbo and TrainerRoad. 2:45 this morning. Thought I was gonna bail after an hour. Toughened up. Was pleased I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15km run on Saturday at better than 6min/km pace.

’Hero day’ yesterday afternoon. Basically - swim 2km then try to sit on 75-80% of FTP for as long as possible on the kickr then run until I can’t walk or it’s too dark to go any further. In the end I got through 2:20 hrs at an average of 73% FTP (including warm up and short spun down) and then ran 5.2km in the dark at 6min/km pace. Not a bad 3.5hr day after backing up from a long tempo run the previous day.  

Six weeks and another 2 hero days until Cairns 70.3!

My program aim is to get through 2.5hrs at 80% FTP then run 75 minutes at tempo in my last ‘hero day’ - which is scheduled for 2 weeks and 1 day before Cairns ... # work to do!

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Flanman said:

Saturday - 15 km hilly run (for 70.3) 

Sunday - 73 km ride/2 km run (for 70.3)

Sat/Sun - 2 beers each day (for the Beer Mile).

Sun - Slow cooked garlic/lemon lamb with baked veggies (for replenishment)

FM

They are some big numbers the week before Port 70.3. I also notice you knowcked up 12 hours training last week on the trannies Strava page. 

On fire mate! All the best for next Sunday!

42 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

They are some big numbers the week before Port 70.3. I also notice you knowcked up 12 hours training last week on the trannies Strava page. 

On fire mate! All the best for next Sunday!

Thanks Andrew. I'll get through it but not the pb I wanted. Se la vie. Just happy to finish and not too much more time than last year. I lost too many weeks training and not enough girth to go well.

FM

• Like 2

Sat / Sun ACT 24 hr Rogaining Championships - cracking fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

What is Roganing? 

Hey FFF

It's Orienteering with strategy.

A couple of hours before race start you are issued with detailed course maps showing the position of check points or "controls" placed out on the course.  Controls have a different value from 20 -100 points depending on distance from start and how difficult they might be to get to.  You plot your own course and navigate by both compass and features to get the most points in the allotted time. 

The ACT Championships course was held in the Kosciuszko National Park over an area of about 120km2 of pristine Australian bush that few will ever go to.  There was an 8hr and a 24hr option. The course was pretty challenging with plenty of climbing and the bush bashing has me a bit scratched up today, while using a map and compass to find a small white and orange flag hidden in the bush at night is always a bit tricky.  

Here's a link to a stack of pics from the course:

https://gallery.act.rogaining.org.au/2018-Events/18ACT24hr/

Its been around for a while and is big in Europe.  The World Champs last year (maybe 2016) were held just out of Alice Springs.

There are plenty of variations - next weekend we are off to Queensland for the Rogue Raid which is a bit different in that it has MTB and Kayak sections of the course, and then back to the NSW Southern Highlands for a 12 hr event.

There are plenty of shorter courses which you can navigate at daytime just on features without a compass and occasionally you'll see entry level urban and street rogaines which are really cool some as short as 45min sprint events.

Sorry that's a bit longwinded but you can probably tell I love it.  Not even trail running or MTBing will get you into such beautiful and remote places these things are held.

As of yesterday I am sleeping with the ACT 24 hr Open Womens Champion, her gloating is becoming a bit much.  If she holds up the trophy on front of me again today I'm out to the shed.

Get on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lawman said:

Hey FFF

It's Orienteering with strategy.

A couple of hours before race start you are issued with detailed course maps showing the position of check points or "controls" placed out on the course.  Controls have a different value from 20 -100 points depending on distance from start and how difficult they might be to get to.  You plot your own course and navigate by both compass and features to get the most points in the allotted time. 

The ACT Championships course was held in the Kosciuszko National Park over an area of about 120km2 of pristine Australian bush that few will ever go to.  There was an 8hr and a 24hr option. The course was pretty challenging with plenty of climbing and the bush bashing has me a bit scratched up today, while using a map and compass to find a small white and orange flag hidden in the bush at night is always a bit tricky.  

Here's a link to a stack of pics from the course:

https://gallery.act.rogaining.org.au/2018-Events/18ACT24hr/

Its been around for a while and is big in Europe.  The World Champs last year (maybe 2016) were held just out of Alice Springs.

There are plenty of variations - next weekend we are off to Queensland for the Rogue Raid which is a bit different in that it has MTB and Kayak sections of the course, and then back to the NSW Southern Highlands for a 12 hr event.

There are plenty of shorter courses which you can navigate at daytime just on features without a compass and occasionally you'll see entry level urban and street rogaines which are really cool some as short as 45min sprint events.

Sorry that's a bit longwinded but you can probably tell I love it.  Not even trail running or MTBing will get you into such beautiful and remote places these things are held.

As of yesterday I am sleeping with the ACT 24 hr Open Womens Champion, her gloating is becoming a bit much.  If she holds up the trophy on front of me again today I'm out to the shed.

Get on it.

FFF There are plenty of beginner ones that you could do as a team of 2 ie dad n daughter 😊

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zip, nada, nuffing. The dam is closed for maintenance of the entry area, and the pump died at my local pool and they've been closed for nearly a week, and the part is still in transit from China (probably on a slow boat). Hopefully the dam will be open tomorrow.

Ran with my daughter. At 13 she is holding 5:30 pace including running up & over a bridge. Had to walk a bit for a stitch but she got it done.

3B4A61DB-B908-4105-A3F5-46D5E088E7CA.jpegThese runs mean more to me than any ironman

• Like 3