prizna

What training did you do today?

3100m pool swim of bouy/pads and bouy. 

Only swam through a large warm patch as I caught up to this old guy.... No solids though.... LOL 

PLAY ON UMPIRE! B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday, 55km with the fast group.

Tonight 2hr Zwift. Did the Road to Sky- Alpe du Zwift.   blimey:shocking:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Yesterday, 55km with the fast group.

Tonight 2hr Zwift. Did the Road to Sky- Alpe du Zwift.   blimey:shocking:

Yeah that hill is serious. Almost too long for my liking. I prefer the other Zwift mountain thing, steep but not ages long and a good downhill afterwards. 

8 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Yeah that hill is serious. Almost too long for my liking. I prefer the other Zwift mountain thing, steep but not ages long and a good downhill afterwards. 

Well I've ridden AdH in real life and it 'seems' to be a fair replication but who knows. I climbed the Zwift version on my TT bike (mostly aero) 8mins faster than the real thing on my road bike 4yrs ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FatPom said:

Well I've ridden AdH in real life and it 'seems' to be a fair replication but who knows. I climbed the Zwift version on my TT bike (mostly aero) 8mins faster than the real thing on my road bike 4yrs ago.

If it's faster... It's definitely legit.... LOL 

I have watched it on TV and it looks that steep... 😂🤔

• Like 1

ParkRun, 21.41

Very disappointed in myself   :sadwalk:

Have had stomach bug for a few days, was traveling okay in the first 3km, then even though the km pace were similar, my stomach started cramping in the last 2km. No excuse.  Will get over being disappointed later.

Am heading off for a beginners pilates class soon, so that will be interesting. 

• Like 2

Today I ran ParkRun with my daughter. Our first ever park run & only her second 5km ever. held 6:20 pace. Then out for breakfast & now home so she can soak in the bath. 

Life is good, very proud Dad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, skel said:

ParkRun, 21.41

Very disappointed in myself   :sadwalk:

Have had stomach bug for a few days, was traveling okay in the first 3km, then even though the km pace were similar, my stomach started cramping in the last 2km. No excuse.  Will get over being disappointed later.

Am heading off for a beginners pilates class soon, so that will be interesting. 

You'll be right mate 👍👍

• Like 2

80km mixed ride with mates. Flat in places, social riding/coffee in others. Nice day :)

• Like 1

Nothing yet, but finally dragged my arse out of bed to go swimming. Hope to edit this in a couple hours. :)

Yep, I got in about 4km this morning. Nice & steady on the way out with my brother, but used the opportunity to chase some Red Dog swimmers on the way back to do some fun surging.

One thing that group does need to do though, is learn what colour light to stop on when they are riding. I can't say for sure it was them, but the timing would have been right, and there were a couple in RD kit. Going through Ferny Grove on the way home, and the front few went through an orange light, and about a dozen went through the red. Two stopped. When the light went green, these last 2 ( who had intitially done the right thing) went up the left of a row of cars at the next intersection all with their left indicator on turning into the railway station and the lead one had to suddenly jam their brakes on as they were turning. Great advert for the group.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

first flu for the year came yesterday.

more time out.

seriously, seriously doing my head in.

• Sad 2

Did my first MTB 'race' 🐌 today, 3 laps of a 5km circuit in just under an hour, came dead motherless or thereabouts I think.

The serious people did 3 laps of an 11km circuit (which included our track, plus more) & I think the fastest was only 30mins behind me.  One bloke was off to hospital for stitches in a very deep gash under his kneecap.

Don't think I could be arsed trying to go much faster, as I really don't want to fall off again.  Need to buy my own MTB though, the Mrs bike is too small, and hence is very twitchy with me on it.

• Like 3

14km easy run. 78 mins, wanted to do 90 mins but the blistering with my shoes latently is driving me nuts. Same model of shoes I've been using for the past year. Weird!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

14km easy run. 78 mins, wanted to do 90 mins but the blistering with my shoes latently is driving me nuts. Same model of shoes I've been using for the past year. Weird!

How long is it since you  bought the Focus ,  you didnt have blisters then did you ? Probably time for a new bike  that'll fix it. 

• Haha 2

Warmer weather - > more sweating - > salt is abrasive 

*yes I'm joking. 

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

Hehe yeah, Saturday was my longest ride on the Focus.  Also the first ride with guards removed ( it still rained :lol: )

• Like 1

5.5km OWS this morning. It was a little brisk jumping in, but fine once I got moving. I could tell it was a little cool though. As an indication, there were about 20 people there yesterday, and I was the only one without a wetsuit. Anyway, I got through the swim feeling good, but about an hour after I got out, I've started shivering and feeling very cold.

I mentioned this to the OWS group I'm in, and got told I have to put weight on. I just love those guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2018 at 2:42 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

Did my first MTB 'race' 🐌 today, 3 laps of a 5km circuit in just under an hour, came dead motherless or thereabouts I think.

The serious people did 3 laps of an 11km circuit (which included our track, plus more) & I think the fastest was only 30mins behind me.  One bloke was off to hospital for stitches in a very deep gash under his kneecap.

Don't think I could be arsed trying to go much faster, as I really don't want to fall off again.  Need to buy my own MTB though, the Mrs bike is too small, and hence is very twitchy with me on it.

Hold the Front Page.  The results are up and according to our 2nd born I was 'First loser in the Old Muppets category'.....out of a total of 4 competitors :shy:

Sounds like an excuse to buy my own MTB!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Triple header day. (unplanned):

30min swim early doors.

7km lunchtime run.

45min hard Zwift session in the evening.

Bed :sleep1:

• Like 2

69km cruise on the clunker

back, hips and ankle are still not happy when I ride. Or walk....or do anything.

Got rid of about 3ltrs of phlem which actually feels great. Good to get things off your chest sometimes.....

• Like 1

35 min easy run with 2 x 4.10 min/km thrown in.

1hr moderate Zwift effort

• Like 1

Am back on it after the post IM slump. Starting a 12 week base plan for LCW. Today was FTP test day. Managed to increase by 2W from my last measurement which considering I've done NOTHING for 2 months I'm chuffed with.

• Like 2

6km swim this morning. The first 15 minutes was fairly slow, as I was navigating my way around an errant "floating island" in the dam, and all the weed it's ripped up that is floating around. After that the way was clear, so put in some surging and some hypoxic work. The last 15 minutes, when I had to come back through the weed, I did head-up drills, which, after the previous 5km became quite tiring on the arms.

All good fun though.

• Like 1