Jump to content
prizna

What training did you do today?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Katz said:

I did a multisport event today. 3ks of run/walk/cry followed by a dip in the ocean. I can assure you, walking into the ocean in your running gear and then spending 10 mins standing there sobbing elicits some funny looks. **** it all.

Don't want to sound weird. But I've done that, something similar anyway. Nearly lost someone suddenly, "coped" by running 20km and then walking into the water at Watermans up to my waist and crying. It felt better afterwards. Akward at the time. 

 

Take care Katz 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to run in Brisbane heat.  Started, got a partial run in and nearly died.  The training is looking fantastic!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2018 at 9:14 AM, FFF1077 said:

But do you take heed.... 😁

When I think it's the right thing to do 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the wind rainer.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an air conditioned room to train in! Probably wouldn't help you on race day. But shit it is hot!

Not complaining too much though. I'd rather heat than cold!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cranky, am with you.  In BNE for work.  Went out this morning for a run, with sprints of 30 and 15 sec in blocks.......

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

This coming from me.......who lives in Cairns. 😄. Air con in hotel is nice. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, skel said:

Cranky, am with you.  In BNE for work.  Went out this morning for a run, with sprints of 30 and 15 sec in blocks.......

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

This coming from me.......who lives in Cairns. 😄. Air con in hotel is nice. 

-4C here this morning, brrrr!  

Did a strength session today, saving my legs for a speed session tomorrow night, ugh!

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, skel said:

IT IS FRIGGEN HOT. 😳

It's the humidity getting me. I went for a 1 hour walk this morning. When I left the fog was that heavy you couldn't see 100m down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20ks on the TT. I replaced the batteries in the vectors so wanted to have a play with it. Then did 1200m in the pool. Was planning on swimming at Sorrento, but the wind turned the water into a washing machine, so I bailed on that idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cranky said:

I'm on the wind rainer.  Wouldn't it be nice to have an air conditioned room to train in! Probably wouldn't help you on race day. But shit it is hot!

Not complaining too much though. I'd rather heat than cold!

turned the airconditioner on in the gym for the first time the other day for the WT session -  it is absolutely lovely :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

turned the airconditioner on in the gym for the first time the other day for the WT session -  it is absolutely lovely :D 

Just to rub it in to Cranky, yes it is good having an air con.  Works wonders when the ceiling fan is not quite enough :P

My new gym (aka the sweat box) is a demountable around 6 * 4 metres that was used as a home office by the previous people.  All modern cons including power and air con (and fan), just no insulation.  Anytime it gets over 20 degrees outside, it feels over 30 degrees inside and rises proportionally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked 5ks then swam a bit over a k at Sorrento. Was lovely, at least until the wind picked up and the water got a bit choppy to be pleasant anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bludgy cruise out to Kurnell...to clear the shit going on in my mind.....mojos on holidays this week.....

bumped into some dodgy looking Roxxi along the beachs briefly...like ships passing in the night....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't done it yet but I am putting it here to guilt me into making sure I get it done later today.

I'm going to spend approx 50 mins on the Kickr doing a sufferfest vid. Urgh.

ETA: Done

Edited by Katz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Katz said:

I haven't done it yet but I am putting it here to guilt me into making sure I get it done later today.

I'm going to spend approx 50 mins on the Kickr doing a sufferfest vid. Urgh.

ETA: Done

Which one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Which one?

TBTITW - they lied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Swam 1400 total 

400 swim 

10 x 100 leaving on the 140

felt shit got out had an ice cream and watch my eldest in his squad

 

Out of curiosity, if you are turning on the 1min40, what are you touching on? And are the 100s sprints or firm or mod efforts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

Out of curiosity, if you are turning on the 1min40, what are you touching on? And are the 100s sprints or firm or mod efforts?

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

Jebus......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Today pretty much all of them about 1.25 no slower .

not really anything’s just swam if I tried to leave on the 130 it would of been an effort especially towards the end so that 15 sec rest made it easy to hold that pace.

i have swum a lot in my life but by no means am I a swimmer.

14 months ago at 41 year old I got myself back into sub 5 min 400 (4.55) 

How do you go for more reps? I've found I can hold that type of time for 10 to 15 reps, but drop down to 1:30+ if I try to go more than 20 on 1:40 cycle.

edit: And have you found yourself slowing much in recent years.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sure mate haven’t really done more reps then the usual 10 or so .now I swim on my own so 1 to 2k and I’m done .

Defenitly slowed over the years

but found if I was consistent and did 3 squads a week 3 to 4K   Per set (which is what I started to do last year) with the young surf swimmers 

i got down to the 455 but was pretty farrked after it my pb is 4.40 for the 400 so wasn’t that far off it but the main difference I reckon is (back in the day) haha

we would punch out 16x400 every  fricken Friday morning and had to swim them all under 5min leave on the 5.30 I always had to lead the first 2 or 3 A’s I was the slowest then just sit in the line. Our fitness back then when I think of it was bloody good.

the squad did include Maroney ,Robbo McCormack ,Obrien, Welchy Metters , Pallister even had Lessing there for a bit plus the surf guys. And a stack of other triathlete Natasha Bradman Carney Mj  funny days!

Dick Cain was the legendary coach.

speaking to Mick the other week and talking about it all he reckons 50 is when you really notice the down turn .

So guess I got another 8 years to go till I catch you old pricks...😂😂😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Not to sure mate haven’t really done more reps then the usual 10 or so .now I swim on my own so 1 to 2k and I’m done .

Defenitly slowed over the years

but found if I was consistent and did 3 squads a week 3 to 4K   Per set (which is what I started to do last year) with the young surf swimmers 

i got down to the 455 but was pretty farrked after it my pb is 4.40 for the 400 so wasn’t that far off it but the main difference I reckon is (back in the day) haha

we would punch out 16x400 every  fricken Friday morning and had to swim them all under 5min leave on the 5.30 I always had to lead the first 2 or 3 A’s I was the slowest then just sit in the line. Our fitness back then when I think of it was bloody good.

the squad did include Maroney ,Robbo McCormack ,Obrien, Welchy Metters , Pallister even had Lessing there for a bit plus the surf guys. And a stack of other triathlete Natasha Bradman Carney Mj  funny days!

Dick Cain was the legendary coach.

speaking to Mick the other week and talking about it all he reckons 50 is when you really notice the down turn .

So guess I got another 8 years to go till I catch you old pricks...😂😂😂

Wow, it's like looking in a mirror. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roadie club reco bunchy. 50 or so kilometres around Redcliffe.

Holy shit balls its warm.  The humidity is insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×