prizna

What training did you do today?

52 minutes ago, goughy said:

The clock still had a 3 on it when I got up for this morning's ride!

unnamed.png

7:03?

• Haha 3

Started with dude, started! I was working by 7.03!

Well I took the day of today and my exercise consisted of 2x surf 

paddle out at 5.50 nice clean waves came in got a coffee then the guys I work with decided to take. Mental health day and go for. Second surf ! Ahhh the south coast tradie is alive.. 

Then this afternoon I decided to jump in the pool when my eldest did squad

Felt ok but gezzus if you don’t swim for a long time you loose it quick

i did 500 warm up the 5x 200 leaving on the 3.15 coming in on the 2.55 to 3min it hurt 😔 

last jan I was holding 2.30 leaving on the 2.40  ...

oh well got to surf twice haha

• Like 2

I went for a 30k ride in blustery afternoon conditions. Was definitely more challenging than planned.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

last jan I was holding 2.30 leaving on the 2.40  ...

That sounds really fast to me! Good on (past) you

Nil..... 

Woke at 2:30 as per usual but was absolutely wrecked. Felt dead. Slept till 4:30. Maybe a walk this afternoon. 

185km/5hr on the bike. 30min warm up, 3x30min @ 320w/slightly above IM power (324, 321, 322) with 7min easy between, rest of ride just aerobic volume.

Edited by lachie94
  • Like 5

I have to fly tomorrow and I sleep better on the plane (passes the time) if I put myself in a hole a bit the day before so did 2hr TrainerRoad this morning and then 3 hours Z2 run this evening with a kick at the end trying to get down to 4:30s but ending up around 4:50s. Looking forward to the taper, I'm knackered!

15min run and some strength stuff at lunch.   jumped on Zwift tonight but had a stressy day at work and my heart wasn't in it, so I climbed off after 5mins :(

• Like 1

Nothing this morning. Up "late" buying second hand funky bedroom furniture for my daughter and driving all over Perth to pick it up..... 

Swim is on the cards this afternoon. 

• Like 2

I almost had to share a lane at the pool last night.   But I must have successfully flailed sufficiently they thought I was a triathlete that couldn't swim straight.  All other lanes were 2 up. Twas empty when I arrived, and empty when I left. 

Almost ran over a turtle this morning.   Took the MTB out for my session along the river.  Only fly12 for front light.  Bloody long neck bugger

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a 1600m in before heading the airport this morning. Strange looks poolside dragging a giant case with me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5am: 1.45hr/25.5km run with main set of 20min @ 4min/km on flats, 10min easy, 15min at same efforts rolling hills, 10min easy, 20min @ 4min/km on flats. Rest of run just steady aerobic.

9am: Uni exam

1pm: 2hr ride with 6x8min @ 70.3-OD pace (340-360w) at 60rpm.

Day done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lachie94 said:

5am: 1.45hr/25.5km run with main set of 20min @ 4min/km on flats, 10min easy, 15min at same efforts rolling hills, 10min easy, 20min @ 4min/km on flats. Rest of run just steady aerobic.

9am: Uni exam

1pm: 2hr ride with 6x8min @ 70.3-OD pace (340-360w) at 60rpm.

Day done.

Port IM on the way? 

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

Port IM on the way? 

IMNZ and Port with Geelong 70.3 and Challenge Melb thrown in to make it a fun 10 weeks or so!

42 minutes ago, lachie94 said:

IMNZ and Port with Geelong 70.3 and Challenge Melb thrown in to make it a fun 10 weeks or so!

Holy crap. Have fun 

-5C this morning. If I ever buy a house with wallpaper, I'll know how to get it off. :lol:

Yesterday (Thursday) before coming to work for nightshift, I ran 6ks and swam 500m. Was supposed to be a much longer swim but I ran out of time and patience for knobheads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Limited said:

that looks like something out of blair witch project

there is one trail near that one that is actually and appropriately named Blair Witch... :huh:

4km this morning. The dam was great when I started at 5am, and the sun didn't rise above the dam wall till way into the return leg, but the last 500m was like swimming the wrong direction in a busy lane at squad. There was a group of about 20 people spread out over most of that narrow section of the dam. 

I wonder what they would have said if 20 kayaks had have been spread across that narrow section, and they had to negotiate their way through them. I suppose they ride 4 wide on the road as well, and complain about the cars. :)