prizna

What training did you do today?

He wants me to do foam rollers on the top & outside of the quads, then a few minutes of VMO activation, then go for the walk. I have a few physio sessions on the health plan, so I'll defer them for a couple months to see how this goes. 

In the meantime, I have a short session with an OS in 2 weeks, who can bulk bill my MRI, and we'll have a gander to just make sure everything looks acceptable inside the knee.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

He wants me to do foam rollers on the top & outside of the quads, then a few minutes of VMO activation, then go for the walk. I have a few physio sessions on the health plan, so I'll defer them for a couple months to see how this goes. 

In the meantime, I have a short session with an OS in 2 weeks, who can bulk bill my MRI, and we'll have a gander to just make sure everything looks acceptable inside the knee.

All sounds reasonable to me though I doubt VMO is the issue....but gentle activation cant hurt....just as long as it's not single leg squats or something extreme.

Have you had an MRI before?  Will be interesting as if it shows no clear meniscus/cartilage/ligament damage or bad mis-aligment of the kneecap (rare, despite nearly every medico saying that is the problem), you are in the PFS world like me. Then the ignorance really starts but fear not, I have walked that Valley of Death and know all the turns....though the path is twisty and unclear :lol:

2 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

but gentle activation cant hurt....just as long as it's not single leg squats or something extreme.

Simple isometric contraction. I have to try to not activate anything else at the same time, which at present I find very difficult.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Verdict: Can't easily identify the issue. No obvious gait problems. No obvious glute activation issues. Given me some Foam roller work and only walking. 

I'm glad Medicare paid for that & not me.

Hit TFL and lateral lower hamstring.  Two areas missed which have great effect on knee issues

39 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

lateral lower hamstring

I was thinking the same thing. He had me rolling the side of my leg, saying this was for the ITB, and that I'd likely get some sore/tight spots down in the lower section. My thought is that these tight spots that I feel (and yes, they are beauties) are most likely the hammy in behind it.

Have been off the booze so far this year and planning to largely remain off until March. But long session yesterday and sat in the Melbourne lounge so thought I'd have a glass of wine. And then was offered one on the flight so I had that too.

This morning? HORRIBLE HANGOVER. Not fair.

Struggled through core this morning and then 2 hours trainer road this evening that finally shifted the cobwebs. 5 hours on the turbo tomorrow. Wish me luck.

3.5hr Zwift.

110km around Richmond.... #boringas**** #getitdone

only did it indoors because my 12yr old floor pump shit itself...?? Who would have thought it??  LOL

5.2km Run off the Zwift at 6:08/km walked the final 200m as cooldown 

4hr day.

happy camper

Edited by FFF1077
  • Like 1

Nearly 6km swim this morning. The sun wasn't up till about 3km into it. Beautiful morning, but starting to turn into a stinker. It was already 36 degrees here at 10:30.

I tried the Moneghetti Fartlek this morning. Works brilliantly. Times were a touch short, but I just did 30 breaths, 20 breaths, 10 breaths 5 breathes instead of the times. And I did it after 4.5km, so it was a great way to bring the swim home hard.

• Like 2

2 hour run starting at 4:30am. Out and back.  5min plank at hour mark ran back 5mins quicker.  

Actually seen a 4 by 2 so did the plank on a plank

#plankingmakesyoufaster 

Then 5 back to back pt sessions no planking involved save that one for runners

On the trainer now

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 1

An easy longish run was planned for today and out later than normal to try and get used to running in the heat. Was supposed to do 18K but finished up 700m short and didn't bother with an extra loop to make up the numbers as I was shattered and my HR was through the roof. Felt like crap for the rest of the day too so skipped the swim session. I haven't done more this week than I normally do but man I'm buggered! Supposed to do a long ride tomorrow but that will be shortened to an easy spin to try and get some energy back into these legs for next week's assault

• Like 2

Mrs FP is still sick, so mostly a Daddy/Daughter day but did manage a 65min easy trail run.  3C and very grey/windy but good for the soul to run along side the river in the countryside B)

• Like 3

Just got back from 4km with the dog. We both dropped into the A/C house like we were dead. It's 7am and the apparent temp is over 33 degrees. And I'm just about to head off to mow my Mum's lawn. That should count for a marathon or something in this weather. :)

I pity those at the Qualifier event that haven't even started their race yet today. 

3am roll out, brick session dusted by 7.00am. Getting readings of 35 degrees during run.

• Like 1

Currently sitting on the trainer cooling down from an easy 80mins between 50%-75% FTP session. Feels like a wasted session fitness-wise but the body needed an easy session. Will go for a swim later.. 

30 min regenerative leg flush on Zwift 

2.3km swim 

There's supposed to be a storm later in the day so I might go jogging along the coast then 

• Like 1

Lovely cool morning here for a 90 min run.

Started well, but cut my leg on a stick, tripped over twice in the last 30min, blooded up my knees and hands. Then one of 3 dogs took a wrong turn and disappeared.

Spent an extra hour looking for him (more running). Found him with the help of a biker on the trail. 

Now plonked at home icing everything. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Turts said:

Started well, but cut my leg on a stick, tripped over twice in the last 30min, blooded up my knees and hands. Then one of 3 dogs took a wrong turn and disappeared.

Spent an extra hour looking for him (more running). Found him with the help of a biker on the trail. 

Good work mate 😎👍🍻

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Turts said:

Adventure running

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Adventure running

Indeed.  Most eventful one for a while.  Im on these trails 4 or 5 times a week too.

• Like 1

Turns out a bit of ice was a good recovery plan. Was such a beautiful evening i took the mtb out for a spin.  With almost all my bike training done indoors, its great to be able to take the chance to have a spin on the 29er.

Took the little fella and buggered him out

Screenshot_20180114-202011.png

Edited by Turts
  • Like 3

Not much for me as I had to take Flipper a few places.  I did get in a 70 min Zwift, once up Leith Hill and followed by 'Fox Hill'. (which is what I guess they call Box Hill from the other side?)