Sign in to follow this  
James

BLK goes under

I've got shares in Under Armour, hopefully they pick up a few teams.

St Kilda only signed with BLK about a month ago, oops.

Guy I work with ordered $2.5K of custom kit for his very small own business. Half has been delivered. Waiting 16 weeks after being told 8. Doesn't know now whether he will get the rest of his kit / any money back / other.

How does a business that supplies high end gear to big name clubs, go under? Bad investments? Super bad management? Embezzlement?

• Like 1

How does a business that supplies high end gear to big name clubs, go under? Bad investments? Super bad management? Embezzlement?

I'd suspect:

Lowering the price to unsustainable levels in order to get the contract and then relying on the "added" business generated by being associated with top level teams to make money.

I'd suspect:

Lowering the price to unsustainable levels in order to get the contract and then relying on the "added" business generated by being associated with top level teams to make money.

It's not actually BLK that has gone under, it's the parent company that owns them, so might be a case that BLK gets sold off as part of the liquidation process if the business itself is profitable

Looks like Richmond are switching to Puma, sweet. They do a good job with the WCE kit.

Hopefully we get back to being Yellow and Black, been Yellow and Dark Grey in the BLK gear.