Peter

Kangaroo Island 3.8 / 180 / 42.2

I have to say the refund policy is excellent

A 5% CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE INCURRED IF YOU WITHDRAW UP UNTIL 24/09/17

I'm sure I saw this on facebook for 2017.

Can't find it now.

Anyone?

Was launching tomorrow just need to make some small adjustment to website but all information is on website. www.sufferfesttri.com so looks like its out there now. Bloddy exicted about the race and venue. Its a great place

Scott won't stop putting on events. Far out that bloke has a lot of events running

Ha ha like to be kept busy. We nearly at capacity.

• Like 2

Wow

This looks great

Let's hope all the SA peeps who have been wanting an IM in SA get behind this event

One thing that may keep the numbers down is accomadation

It says on the site that there is only 120 places to stay , but I suppose a lot of these places can host more than couples etc

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 2

I lived in SA for 10 years and never went to KI, and always regretted not going. It is indeed very tempting.

• Like 2

Wow

This looks great

Let's hope all the SA peeps who have been wanting an IM in SA get behind this event

Well they always complain they have no longer races other than MurrayMan so it's over to them now.

I reckon this'd be worth making a comeback for. Might need it for 2018 tho

Go and do the half.

Go and do the half.

Wow

This looks great

One thing that may keep the numbers down is accomadation

It says on the site that there is only 120 places to stay , but I suppose a lot of these places can host more than couples etc

Cheers

Ivp

no problems with accomadation they get 12000 visitors there a week, I think around 3000-4000 beds and if need be there can setup a tent city with local foot club

• Like 1

only problem is its about $400 to catch the ferry across to KI. factor that in when planning your travel/budget.

Edited by riceburner

only problem is its about $400 to catch the ferry across to KI. factor that in when planning your travel/budget.

"PLEASE NOTE WE WILL HAVE DISCOUNT FERRY CODES SHORTY WHICH WILL PAST ON TO YOU ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED"

no problems with accomadation they get 12000 visitors there a week, I think around 3000-4000 beds and if need be there can setup a tent city with local foot club

Cool

you factor cost of our entry (compared to ironman) plus ferry plus accom, your still in front with cost of just entering ironman. Isnt the active cost about same price as the ferry would be :smile1:

Ferry prices will be discounted and reasonable

• Like 3

I didn't know people actually paid full price for that ferry... There's always a discount code somewhere for it. I think it was about $230 total when I went a few months back.

I didn't know people actually paid full price for that ferry... There's always a discount code somewhere for it. I think it was about $230 total when I went a few months back.

Just under $200 with car or under $100 without. We will get that down a fair bit

• Like 1

Â

Well they always complain they have no longer races other than MurrayMan so it's over to them now.

Â

Â

Â

Go and do the half. Â

Â

Â

Go and do the half.

Do the half twice...... for a full!

Definately looking tempting. I could roll around.

i reckon these guys could be onto something. their events aren't as slick as the big brands but they are a lot cheaper. i don't really have the appetite to spend $400+ x2 a year to do two 70.3's. At $230, i reckon this is a lot more palatable.

i really liked the mornington race last year, i see they have a new run which is good because the old one was a killer.

Be a good community feel with a race on KI.

It will be a triathlon island for the race weekend and has the potential to be a unique atmosphere, especially if the locals get behind it and why wouldn't they!

Be a good community feel with a race on KI.

It will be a triathlon island for the race weekend and has the potential to be a unique atmosphere, especially if the locals get behind it and why wouldn't they!

the locals and looking forward to and helping. Espeically the 400 kids on island will do there first race at KidsFest

• Like 1