Sign in to follow this  
lawman

Adventure Racing World Championships

Starts today on the South Coast of NSW, 700kms of MTB, trail running/trekking, canyoning, caving, kayaking and pack rafting on an absolutely epic wilderness course.

Kicks off today from Huski.

100 teams including the top 10 best expedition racing teams from around the world. (My wifes team is racing for a reasonable finish, a good one will be 6 days.)

If you're interested here is a link to the live site and the course map.

http://live.arworldseries.com/arwc16/

See also Sleep Monsters facebook page for news

• Like 1

Sensational event Lawman. I've never done a true Adventure Race but this is definitely one that I'd have loved to do. Can't believe there hasn't been any love on here for it. C'mon kids, have a read of what these guys are doing out there, this is really living!

Maybe try this link http://www.sleepmonsters.com/v2_races.php?article_id=9613 (It's got a pretty good description of the race). It's amazing what events are out there and what people can do.

The only way to see how far you can go... is to go as far as you can!

How's your wife's team going Lawman?

I've got a friend from here that's racing (#63 Creek Adventure 201). If you're down there and happen to see her then tell her Breesey said G'day! You may have also come across her during the Hume & Hovell 100 Miler a few weeks back. She was sweeping the Miler on a Mountain bike, but also walked a bit down to Buddong Falls as well. A really nice person and a great worker.

How's your wife's team going Lawman?

I've got a friend from here that's racing (#63 Creek Adventure 201). If you're down there and happen to see her then tell her Breesey said G'day! You may have also come across her during the Hume & Hovell 100 Miler a few weeks back. She was sweeping the Miler on a Mountain bike, but also walked a bit down to Buddong Falls as well. A really nice person and a great worker.

Hi mate,

I've known Angela for a little while. I think she and Liz might have trained together a few times as well, kayaking and MTB'ing from Wagga.

Coincidentally, their teams (Liz is Team Scouts #54) have been pretty close to each other for a couple of days (and nights) and this morning are about three k's apart on the trek leg to Nerriga though Liz's team went backwards overnight. 7.00 a.m cutoff for the shortcourse tomorrow morning looked easy, but is getting tight. Hope they make it because there's a few of them (including maybe Angela??) who have trained on the next bits caving and canyoning around Bungonia and on the Shoalhaven River.

I'm heading down on Thursday to catch them finish. I'll give Angela your message.

• Like 1

I also have a friend racing as part of team Type 2 Fun. Looks like they are going ok, currently in 55th position.

There is a shot of your team at the end of the Bungonia caves video overlooking slot canyon.

https://www.facebook.com/geocentricoutdoors/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Sue Pretto's been doing this a lot of years.

Coincidentally, their teams (Liz is Team Scouts #54) have been pretty close to each other for a couple of days (and nights) and this morning are about three k's apart on the trek leg to Nerriga though Liz's team went backwards overnight. 7.00 a.m cutoff for the shortcourse tomorrow morning looked easy, but is getting tight.

How'd they go, let's hope they all made the cut-off. It'd be a bugger to miss the canyoning and a chance for a bit of recovery.

• Like 1

How'd they go, let's hope they all made the cut-off. It'd be a bugger to miss the canyoning and a chance for a bit of recovery.

Yep, made it with about 7 hours to spare, currently caving and onto the river late today, after a sleep I suspect. Word came through that they've had 9 hrs sleep since Thursday!

• Like 1

There is a shot of your team at the end of the Bungonia caves video overlooking slot canyon.

https://www.facebook.com/geocentricoutdoors/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Sue Pretto's been doing this a lot of years.

Hi Lawman, Su is who I was referring too. One bloody tough woman.

BTW she was the 50 - 55 female world 24 hr MTB champion a couple of years ago.... crazy fit.

Cheers

NSF

• Like 2