Sign in to follow this  
AA7

Alter G Treadmill

Currently using it for my injury rehab for last couple of months.So much fun, makes running feel so easy.

Anyone else used one?

Used one with when dealing with a knee issue, got back to 90% body weight then fell off the bike and had enforced rest so hard to fully measure the value of the alter g in terms of being a tool to get back to full running, n=1 of course but thumbs up

It gave me one last world champs for which I'm very grateful. But even if you take the pressure off when you train, eventually your knees win over the desire to keep racing.

Good for bone (eg stress fracture)/joint/tendon injuries normally as a way of adding time doing running movement when extra running at normal gravity isn't appropriate

Water running is next best option if you don't have Alter-G access

(Neither of these are good for ITB as it's not a condition that's worse with increased weight bearing, it's mechanical/angle specific in it's cause/solution)

• Like 1

Good for bone (eg stress fracture)/joint/tendon injuries normally as a way of adding time doing running movement when extra running at normal gravity isn't appropriate

Water running is next best option if you don't have Alter-G access

(Neither of these are good for ITB as it's not a condition that's worse with increased weight bearing, it's mechanical/angle specific in it's cause/solution)

So what's management dornchronic ITB pain?

So what's management dornchronic ITB pain?

It can be tricky unfortunately and no 'one size fits all' treatment.

First line treatment can be a combination of the following which varies based on individual situation:

- hip/pelvic strength

- run technique

- foot biomechanics (e.g footwear selection, maybe orthotics)

- soft tissue techniques (e.g massage/foam roller/"trigger point" release, dry needling)

- modification of training volume/surface/intensity

- very rarely stretching (normally this is discouraged for ITB)

There are other options which can be brought in if the above fail but they are more invasive

It gave me one last world champs for which I'm very grateful. But even if you take the pressure off when you train, eventually your knees win over the desire to keep racing.

I'm with you Gillian.

I've pretty much made peace with the reality that racing is over (has taken a long time :shy: ), though still stunned & confused by the speed with which it happened (from best race ever at 49 to ground zero in about 3mths).

Goal now is to stay as fit as I can for 'everyday life' while making the knees as pain-free and functional as possible....and to re-educate the 'professionals' about chronic PFPS ;) .