1. The knock on.

Try was on when the knock on occurred.

Penalty try under the posts. The knock on is adjudged to be deliberate.

2. Long distance runner.

Sure that covers it. I wasn't thinking about Derek Clayton but sure. Deek and Ron Clarke.

3. Trotter/Pacers.

Adios and Cane Smoke in Australia. Cardigan Bay was NZ bred who raced until age 12. He was taken to USA and was also a champion winning stakes races until he notched up his 100 wins. He won 80 races in Australia/NZ earlier.

Cane Smoke won most of his races on provincial tracks. Gammalite won 94 including all the top races.

• Like 1

Derek Clayton seems to be the forgotten runner... To run a sub 2:10 marathon 50 years ago is amazing.

Great answers :)

Edited by Mjainoz
  • Like 1

Derek Clayton seems to be the forgotten runner... To run a sub 2:10 marathon 50 years ago is amazing.

Great answers :)

It was amazing considering the training techniques available back then. And I'm not even sure if they took liquids or nutrition in those days.

Thanks Michael for appearing on Ten Q's. Let's hope the thread gets the views it deserves.

• Like 2

1. The knock on.

Â

Try was on when the knock on occurred.

Â

Penalty try under the posts. The knock on is adjudged to be deliberate.

No. player has every right to go for an intercept.

Knock on, scrum.

Attacking player should have thrown a dummy and gone himself.

No. player has every right to go for an intercept.

Knock on, scrum.

Attacking player should have thrown a dummy and gone himself.

Referee has the discretion to award the penalty try if the player knocked the ball on to prevent the try.

Â

Referee has the discretion to award the penalty try if the player knocked the ball on to prevent the try.

Happens all the time and never goes that way.

Aside from K2 showing his poor knowledge of the NRL rules, reading between the lines here Ando, I hope everything is OK mate.

• Like 1

Aside from K2 showing his poor knowledge of the NRL rules, reading between the lines here Ando, I hope everything is OK mate.

A knock on is an infraction of the rules. Scrum down.

A deliberate knock on is a penalty.

And Ando is getting through but frantically busy.

... Ando is getting through but frantically busy.

Thanks for the opportunity to do these 10 questions. As I said at the start there's a lot of "why pick me" ? But anyhow it was an honour and great fun. I should go back and add a few things.

However, ... I skipped a question. On family fitting it all in etc ... It would start like this. My wife and I have been together for 21 years. Two beautiful daughters 11 and 15. And then I would give my majic formula of getting up early etc etc

... unfortunately, it's gone pear shaped since end Aug.

An edit 2 weeks on edit. I put a bit more here which is now deleted. I will update it when the status is a bit clearer. Too much information in a public space where people know both myself and my family.

Edited by Mjainoz
  • Like 1

If I had to pick my shiniest medal, I guess its winning a silver medal at ITU Aqulathon 2011 in Beijing. My first reaction is to say that’s because not many people race it etc etc. But I was second to Tony Duffy who is a bit of a legend himself, racing Tooheys Blue / St George I think post starting Tris in 81 - has won Australian Triathlete of the year in his age group (man if you think I have had some injuries…). The other guy for Australia that podiumed was Mick Maroney, I was bit in awe of both these guys.

I'm very happy to say that I witnessed both of these podiums, and yes there was some very talented athletes there at that race. Maybe not quite the depth of some of the other World Champs but you can only race the ones who turn up on the day, and I think even Mick would agree there was some pretty fair athletes there on that day!

Don't sell yourself short mate, you've won and podiumed your age group at numerous races and you've raced fair to do it. An Australian AG Championship and a World's podium is a pretty good effort I reckon. Definitely a champion in my book both on and off the course.

• Like 3

8. Combining high level training with work and family can be extremely taxing in all areas. In one way or another something has to give. Would you care to talk about that and how you managed it all up to now?

Or if anyone else wants to add to that. Feel free to jump in now.

But would be great to hear other thoughts...

I think you already know my thoughts mate, it's tough fitting it all in. It's a very fine line we tread between fitting everything in and it working for all parties, and something breaking and the whole lot coming crashing down. I was probably very fortunate that I'd witnessed the damage the later could do very early on when I was first getting into the sport, and I was always really guarded about letting the same thing happen to me. At times I'm sure I crossed the line of what was acceptable, but luckily somehow I managed to get away with it.

It's probably a little bit like entering a corner a bit too fast on your bike... If it goes well, which most of the time it will, you'll get away with it with just a bit of a fright and a wake up call. If it goes badly, which it can sometimes do through even minor circumstances sometimes outside of your control, it can all unravel very quickly and the damage can be catastrophic.

I think most of us have been there at one time or another, half way through that corner and for a split second having that 'Oh Sh!t' this could all end very badly feeling, but at this point there's nothing you can do about it. Luckily most of us come out of it unscathed, but unfortunately some don't. The difference is often just luck and circumstance. If it ends badly all you can do is pick up the pieces and try to put things back together. There's nothing you can do about the past, you can only move forward.

Mja you've already proven that you can focus and excel in whatever you put your mind to and I'm sure getting over this 'crash', picking up the pieces, and moving forward will be no different. Good luck with the recovery mate.

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 4